The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Courtier

^^
Varela designed both of the dresses.
The red one reminds me of the red dress from the Garden Collection by H&M.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Bunte print issue says the nude dress is by Elie Saab. Compared to Victoria's magnificent golden dress by Saab for June 18th thats hard to believe.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I don't think it's Elie Saab. It was previously announced Letizia would wears 2 new dresses by Varela, so I guess it's true. Bunte isn't really a reliabl source.
I loved the red dress. The skirt quite reminded me of the red galadress she wore for 2 State Visits. It was also by Varela, right?
I liked the red one much better then the nude one, which made Letizia look rather pale and indeed very skinny.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Nope, it's Varela. I'm totally sure on this point. I really doubt that it is Saab, imo it's not his style at all.

And Carlos Garcia Calvo usually know what he talks about and said that both were by Varela and Maria Angeles Alcazar said the same.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I liked both dresses Letizia wore in Sweden

The concert dress - red is Letizia's colour and she should wear it much more. My only criticism about the dress was the high split in the skirt apart from that i thought she looked great and the bold colour was perfect for the event

The wedding outfit - the petal details on the dress was delicate and really lovely for the occasion. I actually liked the colour on Letizia as it was very different from some of her other evening dresses. Liked her hair for the event

Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Courtier

23/06/2010.- Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia arrive to for the Principe of Asturias Foundation's Patronage yearly meeting held at El Pardo Palace in Madrid

Outfit Detail
Make-up
Old 06-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

The bag looks nice. But I think black pumps would have looked nicer with her outfit than beige heels.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I disagree, I think black heels would have looked to heavy with that outfit.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
The bag looks nice. But I think black pumps would have looked nicer with her outfit than beige heels.

Last year she wore this dress with purple heels

I am glad she choose to repeat this dress as i think it is perfect for summer events

Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that beige heels don´t look good at all with this outfit. I loved the purple sandals she wore last year, IMO the outfit was much better.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nude shoes are fine to wear with a strong colour as they are neutral and don't stand out. Purple shoes would look good too. I'm just glad they aren't platforms.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

The dress she wore at the wedding ceremony of Victoria and Daniel DISASTER! It was, by far I could say, the worst dress I have ever seen her in!!

The colour was awful, not at all good on her, the cut was terrible and in no way flattering, and once again I really hate her nose-job!! She was much more charming before!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The concert dress - red is Letizia's colour and she should wear it much more. My only criticism about the dress was the high split in the skirt apart from that i thought she looked great and the bold colour was perfect for the event
http://bodasreales.hola.com/imagenes...incipes--z.jpg

the split ruined the whole dress for me. it looks supertacky, especially with these shoes
Varela is not Caprile, the split only shows how ordinary he thinks.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://bodasreales.hola.com/imagenes...incipes--z.jpg

the split ruined the whole dress for me. it looks supertacky, especially with these shoes
Varela is not Caprile, the split only shows how ordinary he thinks.
God! Sorry but all I think when I saw Letizia is that she looks vulgar, tacky... and that pose! OMG.

The colour of the dress is very beautiful could be nicer without the split,andI agree about the shoes (just awful!). She should have done better with her hair and these rings are not beautiful at all with an evening dress, they look cheap.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Decisiones necias, decisiones sabias

He says the same thing I said some time ago, that Letizia and Caprile had a row, he doesn't say exactly why, but he comments that possibly it has a relation with the modification of the silver dress she wore when Sarko and his wife came to Spain.

He doesn't like the split either on the red dress, and he thinks that it was a faux pas that the queen and her wore dresses to the wedding of nearly the same colour.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont understand why other deisgners have to ocmment on other designers work. Me think he wanted to do the dress but Velera got the offer

How would Letizia know what the Queen was going to wear while designing her dress which she did a few months back?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

New thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1102414