The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
Letizia is pretty and very thin, So she Can wear very Fashion and youg clothes (even I prefer when she wore beautiful Suits and chose at her Princess Beggining 2003-2004-2005)...The dress is pretty, cut...the shoes why not? but the all with black socks would be more pleasant to see ...
I don't want to be harsh, but to me she looks like a papered bone - she's a beautiful woman, though -, especially in short skirts and stockings...
This outfit... What a waste. The dress is very nice IMO, I like the colour so much on Letizia and it has a lovely fabric. But everything downward the hips is incredibly awful. The stockings - I'm utterly speechless. And these ugly shoes. Why?

Old 11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is okay. The colour is pretty, and the top part is nice. The red stockings and shoes are really awful. This is just not an elegant look at all. If she ever decides to recycle this dress, I do hope that she will leave the red stockings and shoes at home. It would look much better with black shoes and nude-coloured stockings.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

those tights need to disappear! what was she thinking?

dress is lovely but a bit too short to my taste - however, i love the fact it's by mango.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
With this look, Letizia has hit the rock bottom style level for me; this must be her all-time low... hopefully.
It is so bad that it hurts.

There's indeed an element of humor in it, if you have a liking for the absurd kind: Here's Pippi Longstocking merged with Baby Doll, dumped in a can of red paint and subsequently posing as a Princess.

But in the end, it's not that funny at all, because the woman looks pathetic. In the pictures of her posing with people who appear perfectly normal, there is a disturbing element about Letizia of being unhinged; I agree with Duke of Marmelade that you get a sense of trouble here.
Overall a complete fashion victim disaster, ranking high on the list of Worst royal outfit of the year.
Yes, honestly, she looks ridiculous. You're the future Queen of Spain, Letizia, dress like it!
Old 11-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Good lord, don't they have mirrors in Zarzuela any longer?

http://noticias.terra.es/economia/20...d-00$599x0.jpg
The mirrors cracked up the moment she showed up with this outfit...
Old 11-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress should have been paired with black stockings and heels.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Commoner

The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Are you kidding?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Courtier

The shoes/stockings combination,the postures are simply ridiculous.
The dress is again too short for an official event.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Nobility

I find the most of you very Hard ...this outfit is not so horrible ...ok maybe she would wear black socks ...I dont find the Shoes so bad...she is pretty, she has a beautiful body...she seems and she is young....she can wear more fashion than the most of the other princesses...I think we are not used to see other things than the "lisse" fashion , fashion yes but very classic very common...
Old 11-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Well.
First I want write no comment but... The main problem is in her socks. Not the colour or dress's length.
Beside in some way we're accustom that royal ladies wear usually classical, nice two piece costumes or dresses. I mean no matter how fashionable they'are but they almost always look similar to each other. Of course there are exceptions specially in young generation. I mean Letizia, Laurentien, Charlotte, Madeleine, Mary, and sometimes even Victoria (last months).
Letizia wear that what she like and what's on the top. We can say that she has no fashion sense. But she is not typical and classical princesses. She play with fashio if I can say so.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is pretty up to the waist, but it's simply too short (although most dresses in the stores are mini ones this year) no matter what stocking she wears. Perhaps she should wear pants with a short dress like two years ago if she wants to dress more conservatively.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2u6g3zt.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2wptteo.jpg

two years ago
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9...peparchmn7.jpg
Old 11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yup, the red dress is simply too short. I also didn't like it too much when she wore the black dress with pants from two years ago. IMO, the dress was too long to be worn with pants as it was coming down to her knees. But, with the above dress since its shorter, she could have definitely worn it with pants. I rather think that she should stay away from short dresses for the official engagements, definitely wear them in your own time. IMO, they take away from the solemnity of the occasion.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is not so bad, but paired with the colored tights and shoes it is a big mess. I personally don't like these "bubble" dresses. They look like someone is wearing a potatoe sack. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I don't know if she is dressing herself or if she is getting really bad advise from somewhere.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I have to say the dress is too short and the red tights plus red shoes are too much. It's an outfit that suggests a night of clubbing instead of an awards event. This was a bad pairing of everything.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Aristocracy

I really love the dress and the red shoes (although I think a black pair of shoes would look better) and I like her hair and that she kept jewelry simple but the red tights ruin it all for me. The outift looks a bit cheap because of them which is sad when everything else works.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

The mini-dress is designed by Adam Lippes for Mango.
Collection Adam Lippes for Mango available at Mangoshop | Mangoshop blog
Old 11-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Well let me say that the model wore it much nicer than Letizia.
I thought the dress was way to short for not only a royal but also someone her age to be wearing it at an official event. The red tights were way out of place, looked like she was going to a costume party.
I thought it was a very dissapointing look and maybe this is worse than it can get in public. I dont mind at all of she wears this dress on a private outing but not around men who are in suits .
Old 11-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1966 View Post
The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
I do agree with you that Letizia is a very modern princess and monarchy needs a new image! The princesses of today bring this new image and it's very good!

Concernng Letizia's outfit I have to say that I love this dress! it suits her so well but not with those tights! the shoes are ok! not a big fan with it's fashionable!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Nobility

The hair, the dress, the tights, the shoes, the pose...what was she thinking!?!?