Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 4: July 2009 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty dress ... for a 17 year old at the event of her school ball. As others already said, something is off with this dress. Plus the usual ugly tights and double platforms.

No she's not really enjoying herself, what's new? This time is was even worse, a journo event but still it's Felipe reading the speech, the wife is listening.

Felipe had been to this even many times before his marriage. It looked like the pictures were taken during the speeches. I don't think one can say she didn't enjoy the event based on a few snapshots taken during the speeches since she didn't look any different from the others (ex. Felipe). Actually in the previous year, she really enjoyed meeting her old friends.
I prefer the skirt a bit longer and no black tights.

for the diner of hungarian president, she was very elegant, the skirt was splendid and the blouse was a very nice choise it's unconventional nd it was a good idea, that remind me a little what wore queen rania for laetizia wedding at the church
about the new black dress, I like it, it's simple and fashion, the only thing I don't like are the shoes

I like the pleating details of the black dress, but it might have looked nicer in a fabric that wasn't so fluid. She needs to lose the tights and the platforms. The skirt should have been longer too.

Pretty dress ... for a 17 year old at the event of her school ball.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it! It's much too short, so it really doesn't look very elegant... The shoes just look tacky to me. :ermm: But apart from the outfit Letizia's hair looked quite good and the jewellery is nice.

I like the the black satin dress, but I think it should be a little longer. As usual, those awful shoes and black stockings ruin the whole ensemble, IMO :bang:
Love the jewellery and her hair also looks very nice.

I like this black dress, it´s modern, youthful and different than Letizia usually has. She looked very beautiful last night with nice make up, beautiful earrings and the bracelet.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

It's the first time I don't think" Honey, please gain some weight!". She looks very good in it

The front design of the black dress looks a bit messy/fussy to me. But her hair does look very good.

Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
And Letizia keeps her own line at her shoes
Daylife

Mini dresses are in now? Perhaps for the average girl on the street but certainly not on a Crown Princess. Oh dear, certainly not elegant or regal, imho.

Overall, the outfit is nice, and I like the little belt detail. Again, I am not a fan of these types of shoes, so I won't comment on them.

I just feel that this outfit (although nice) is suitable for a concert or a dinner night out with your husband. I don't find it suitable for an award function, IMO.

A particularly disastrous look.
Letizia’s arms and legs are far too thin to wear such a short sleeveless dress, its fabric isn’t nice to begin with and tailored so badly that she looks as if she had no torso left to her body, and the glimmering tights and shoes are simply vulgar.

Not only an inappropriate style for a Princess, but also the quintessential ‘Fashion Victim’ look:
Wear everything awful that's wrong for you because it's supposed to be in (mainstream) fashion.

Full view:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1769/ppe09112364.jpg

Shoes:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9307/16701452.jpg

Letizia a "serious" princess who focusses on work and not on fashion? She looks like straight out of the latest Mango or Zara catalogue for target customers 10 years younger than her :whistling:

Unfortunately, this look is not appropriate neither to her position nor age. The minidress looks ridiculous and appears to be of bad quality. Shoes and stockings ... I am not even getting there.

It's almost painful to see how much effort Letizia used to put into a regal appearance at the same event in 2004, scroll down for further pics
Premio Antonio Asensio de Periodismo - Grupo Zeta

Sadly, these days she only looks as if she has lost the plot along the way.

:eek:
This dress looks awful on her, IMO. Not only because of the lenght and colour, the shape is also very unflattering.
No mention to the shoes :sick: nor the black stockings...
IMO, this isn´t even modern or fashion, it´s just so vulgar :whistling:

Daylife[/QUOTE]

Awful dress hideous shoes not mention that awful pose in the above photo...
She wants so bad to be on fashion trend that she repeats her mistakes over and over.
Please get an advisor!!! :bang:

The dress could have been prettier if it were just a bit longer. It is too short on Letizia, and it looks awkward. The tights are too dark for the dress, and the shoes are not nice, IMO.

The dress is lovely but if it could have been longer, it would be better. The shoes are ugly, IMO.

Mini dresses are in now? Perhaps for the average girl on the street but certainly not on a Crown Princess. Oh dear, certainly not elegant or regal, imho.

Yes, it would be a perfect choice, for someone in the teen years.

Letizia a "serious" princess who focusses on work and not on fashion? She looks like straight out of the latest Mango or Zara catalogue for target customers 10 years younger than her :whistling:

Unfortunately, this look is not appropriate neither to her position nor age. The minidress looks ridiculous and appears to be of bad quality. Shoes and stockings ... I am not even getting there.

It's almost painful to see how much effort Letizia used to put into a regal appearance at the same event in 2004, scroll down for further pics
Premio Antonio Asensio de Periodismo - Grupo Zeta

Sadly, these days she only looks as if she has lost the plot along the way.
I agree with you about this look
this dress, this look would be nice for a very private and "light" dinner or party with some privates friends ...home or in a restaurant...
but not for this kind of official event as a Princess
and yes in 2004 at the same event she was beautiful with abslotly stunning look
You can notice that for several events years after year ...Pascual , premios des asturias, national day ....
I don't know what happen to her , but she has definitively stopped to be a very very very elegant Princess since Sofia Pregnancy
I am very nostalgic of her first years looks as a princess, when she was engaged, and all the periods before Infanta Sofia
Now she is just a woman nice dressed , more or less nice dressed sometimes ...

I personally like the style of Princess Letiza. She is modern, young woman, with great style. Never boring. And I admire her that she can walk in such high heels.

Daylife

Awful dress hideous shoes not mention that awful pose in the above photo...
She wants so bad to be on fashion trend that she repeats her mistakes over and over.
Please get an advisor!!! :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked back over her early days and sure I thought she was really elegant and exactly how you want/expect a princess to be....but when I look at her current style, I suprise myself by actually preferring her current style....it's just that she doesn't seem to dress appropriately for the occasion, or the quality is not the best, and of course the shoes ruin practically every outfit. She's so close and yet so far from getting it right.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16701974.jpg
I think that Princess Letizia's fashion is nothing but the reflection of her attitude.
Now, who is that lady on the extreme right? She is dressed exceedingly well and appropriate for the award function. IMO, that's what a princess should dress like, not a "Look at me, I am in my 30s but wanna dress like in my 20s."

Btw, can I also add that I absolutely hate the way she stands, with all those model poses. Check out her "Daylife" pic posted by Royalist, as an exhibit.

Well I see that MM gave Letizia a pair of her tights! Hopefully she'll give them back, and soon. First off, the dress is nice, but I'm not so sure that a sleeveless dress should be paired with opaque tights, that to me seems just wrong. And although I like the shoes, I don't like them with the dress, they are way to heavy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom