Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 4: July 2009 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the outfit at the anit-terrorism concert was very nice. An all black ensemble may have looked a bit much but the pretty detailing on the jacket brightened up the overall look, without being too brash.

I wish Letizia would get a haircut or some sort of style added if she wants to keep her hair at a longer length.

1/10 concert for victims of terrorism

Black outfit, new jacket
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/15638957.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+attend+5th+Terrorism+Victims+fItvQQ4lncml.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+attend+5th+Terrorism+Victims+asq9MXQWH9el.jpg

I really like the jacket, a plain shirt WITHOUT any applications would have been better. Jacket, shirt & trousers seem to be different shades of black ... and finally some decent shoes! :)

The jacket looks nice but I noticed Princess Letizia wears pants a lot lately. I wish she would wear skirts more often.

I like the pattern on the jacket. All black would be too dull. And I love how she and Felipe seem to match. :D

Not really one of my favorites on the Princess, but I too like how the Princely Couple coordinate their fashion so nicely.

did you notice that she is wering the exact same clothes as when they visited New York last year? The brown dress during the day and the grey lace cocktail dress. Rather strange. I don't mind recycling at all, but this is peculiar.

The two events she attended in New York with the same outfits were pretty much closed-door events with only EFE photographers allowed, very few pictures. Anyway, she should be given some money to buy new oufits for oversea trips. The main events will be on Tuesday and Wednesday, let's see if she buys a couple of new outfits ;).
A nice dress from the PoA awards in 2008, along with the white color one she wore at the PoA awards in 2007 were two of my favourites.

did you notice that she is wering the exact same clothes as when they visited New York last year? The brown dress during the day and the grey lace cocktail dress. Rather strange. I don't mind recycling at all, but this is peculiar.

Yes exactly :wacko: and there was lots of coverage about the events Letizia attended in NY in the same clothes, not anywhere near behind closed doors.

The grey dress is not one of my favourites, it's not classy but a bit ill-fitted and has the wannabe-designer touch. Yesterday night I thought it was out of place, Letizia almost overdressed compared to the other participants, the men don't even wear ties, Felipe in his everyday casual shoes.
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009...iaje-oficial-a-nuevo-mexico-eeuu-00$599x0.jpg

OK, in case Letizia left her bags unpacked after returning from NY, what else can we expect? Among others, Varela's rasperry dress :p
Viaje de Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias a Nueva York. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

I like this dress a lot, but it seems to be a bit too elegant for that dinner, doesn´t it?
Anyway, I´m glad she reycled it, it´s one of my favourites :flowers:

Yes exactly :wacko: and there was lots of coverage about the events Letizia attended in NY in the same clothes, not anywhere near behind closed doors.

The grey dress is not one of my favourites, it's not classy but a bit ill-fitted and has the wannabe-designer touch. Yesterday night I thought it was out of place, Letizia almost overdressed compared to the other participants, the men don't even wear ties, Felipe in his everyday casual shoes.
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009...iaje-oficial-a-nuevo-mexico-eeuu-00$599x0.jpg

Yes, usually we are saying Letizia is underdressed and here she is overdone. Out of place!

I like this dress.
In other colours will be nice too like red, black or dark blue.

Is it me or on these photos it looks like everyone had worn outfits on different events?

P Letizia does look overdressed in the grey/taupe lace (although I've always liked the hemline). The shoes & necklace are nice, but I too, am bored with all these recycled outfits for this trip. It seems like little effort was put into her planning the wardrobe on this trip, which is a disappointment to me.

This dress shoul be shorter, because CP's body looks disproportionate. She looks elegant, maybe too elegant for that diner.

I love this grey dress and I'm glad to see it again, it's a beautiful design and suits Letizia.

I can almost hear the whines and complaints if Letizia had opted for somthing more casual than the grey dress.

I can't stand this dress!! come on doesn't she have more clothes in her closet??? she only repeats clothes! it's beginning to become annoying! Hope she'll do better today!

A simple style dress is never out of place whether men wear ties or not. Plus she didn't have a fancy hairdo neither wore fancy jewels.

I love this grey dress and I'm glad to see it again, it's a beautiful design and suits Letizia.
I can almost hear the whines and complaints if Letizia had opted for somthing more casual than the grey dress.

Agree. I think Varela's simple patterns and style suits women of Letizia's age. A fancy Prada lace dress is extremely old fashioned, looks better on an older woman like Queen Noor who had a black one.

Only the first event visiting NY library was open to the press, thus a lot more pictures. All the following events related to 'stimulus package' only had EFE photographers there. The Spanish government didn't want to make it a big media event, it's not hard to see the reason though concerning the possible reactions of American public.

This dress shoul be shorter, because CP's body looks disproportionate.

The lace dress is right on the knee, maybe the shorter dress inside gave it a wrong impression. if it were shorter, some would have complained the dress being too short. Since it was made for the PoA awards, I doubt the length would be wrong.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/91...9307E079999A78B75BAB0FD39C53A6CB8963A7F704ECB
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/91...FC103479899DA8B75BAB0FD39C53A7970E5A985825598

I'm not sure I agree with that.:flowers: If she were dressed more casual then she would be as her hosts and husband are. It is a lovely dress, as you say, and I think it fits her well.

In my opinion, she is over-dressed which is rare for Letizia. She is in lace with satiny, dressy high heels while the other ladies are wearing pants or boots. Add that to the men in casual day wear with open shirts, no ties and sport coats and she appears to be going to a different event....

This dress is really beautiful and it definitely suits Letizia.I also liked the clutch and her hair,but not the shoes.

I have always like this grey lace dress on Letizia and i do like the shoes and matching clutch - yes she is maybe abit too dressy considering the state of the other women and but i much prefer Letizia's look than what either the Mexican First Lady or the Govenors wife are wearing

Mmm,I only like the top part of this gown.But she looked stunning,loved her hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom