The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress could have been prettier if it were just a bit longer. It is too short on Letizia, and it looks awkward. The tights are too dark for the dress, and the shoes are not nice, IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is lovely but if it could have been longer, it would be better. The shoes are ugly, IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Mini dresses are in now? Perhaps for the average girl on the street but certainly not on a Crown Princess. Oh dear, certainly not elegant or regal, imho.
Yes, it would be a perfect choice, for someone in the teen years.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia a "serious" princess who focusses on work and not on fashion? She looks like straight out of the latest Mango or Zara catalogue for target customers 10 years younger than her

Unfortunately, this look is not appropriate neither to her position nor age. The minidress looks ridiculous and appears to be of bad quality. Shoes and stockings ... I am not even getting there.

It's almost painful to see how much effort Letizia used to put into a regal appearance at the same event in 2004, scroll down for further pics
Premio Antonio Asensio de Periodismo - Grupo Zeta

Sadly, these days she only looks as if she has lost the plot along the way.
I agree with you about this look
this dress, this look would be nice for a very private and "light" dinner or party with some privates friends ...home or in a restaurant...
but not for this kind of official event as a Princess
and yes in 2004 at the same event she was beautiful with abslotly stunning look
You can notice that for several events years after year ...Pascual , premios des asturias, national day ....
I don't know what happen to her , but she has definitively stopped to be a very very very elegant Princess since Sofia Pregnancy
I am very nostalgic of her first years looks as a princess, when she was engaged, and all the periods before Infanta Sofia
Now she is just a woman nice dressed , more or less nice dressed sometimes ...
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Commoner

I personally like the style of Princess Letiza. She is modern, young woman, with great style. Never boring. And I admire her that she can walk in such high heels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalist View Post
Daylife

Awful dress hideous shoes not mention that awful pose in the above photo...
She wants so bad to be on fashion trend that she repeats her mistakes over and over.
Please get an advisor!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Nobility

I've looked back over her early days and sure I thought she was really elegant and exactly how you want/expect a princess to be....but when I look at her current style, I suprise myself by actually preferring her current style....it's just that she doesn't seem to dress appropriately for the occasion, or the quality is not the best, and of course the shoes ruin practically every outfit. She's so close and yet so far from getting it right.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16701974.jpg
I think that Princess Letizia's fashion is nothing but the reflection of her attitude.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillas View Post
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16701974.jpg
I think that Princess Letizia's fashion is nothing but the reflection of her attitude.
Now, who is that lady on the extreme right? She is dressed exceedingly well and appropriate for the award function. IMO, that's what a princess should dress like, not a "Look at me, I am in my 30s but wanna dress like in my 20s."

Btw, can I also add that I absolutely hate the way she stands, with all those model poses. Check out her "Daylife" pic posted by Royalist, as an exhibit.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I see that MM gave Letizia a pair of her tights! Hopefully she'll give them back, and soon. First off, the dress is nice, but I'm not so sure that a sleeveless dress should be paired with opaque tights, that to me seems just wrong. And although I like the shoes, I don't like them with the dress, they are way to heavy looking.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post

Btw, can I also add that I absolutely hate the way she stands, with all those model poses. Check out her "Daylife" pic posted by Royalist, as an exhibit.
Yes, I agree. I don't like the model poses very much either. I don't blame her for the dress or stockings (of course I don't like one of them), but the shoes look absolutely tacky & horrible to me, JMO.
What happened with Letizia?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
Waaaaaaa I love Letizia in this Dress, she is just splendid with...
Now, this dress I absolutely love. She looks gorgeous in it. The chandelier earrings are adorable. See, she does have her redeeming moments and when she does, boy, she throws it out the park. The shoes again are horrible but they can be forgiven as they are mostly hidden.

An absolute A+ from me!!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Commoner

I really like the two gowns she wore that look like a long sleeve shirt, a wide belt and a skirt. There's one that's bright pink and one with a white shirt and black skirt that I think are really different and look flattering on her.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
Waaaaaaa I love Letizia in this Dress, she is just splendid with...
Me too
I think that this gown is going to be my all time favourite on Letizia, she looks simply stunning each time she wears it. I wish she had a different hairdo, maybe an updo, that would be perfection. Love the earrings.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
A particularly disastrous look.
Letizia’s arms and legs are far too thin to wear such a short sleeveless dress, its fabric isn’t nice to begin with and tailored so badly that she looks as if she had no torso left to her body, and the glimmering tights and shoes are simply vulgar.

Not only an inappropriate style for a Princess, but also the quintessential ‘Fashion Victim’ look:
Wear everything awful that's wrong for you because it's supposed to be in (mainstream) fashion.

Full view:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1769/ppe09112364.jpg

Shoes:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9307/16701452.jpg
Boris,I agree with all what you said.
I am sorry to say that this look is vulgar and ridiculous.
The dress is awful specially the waisline.With this short and slevess dress she attracted our eyes to the worst parts of her body:arms and legs.
Not to mention those sandals combined with black stockings
I will have expected such a look on a teenage girl but not on a future queen.
Who says that she is not intested in fashion.For me,she is the typical fashion victim.She neither dress according to her age nor to her rank.
I don't know what happens to her.All her poses are ridiculous.
Today, I am totally shocked and disappointed by her look
Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked very good at the Foreign Press Association awards in London, but in my opinion, she should have tried some hairdo, at least a chignon.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
It's a cute dress by itself. But because the skirt flairs out it actually makes it look a little like a maternity dress. And I agree it's too short for her age and her position.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

WOW! Navy Dress, stunning. Love the satin contrast on the shoulder, and it is tailored perfectly. Would like to see some sapphires somewhere. P Letizia looks radiant, and the just as a princess should. Glad this look redeems the earlier disaster of the week.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

This blue dress is fantastic, I wish that Letizia would wear more blue.
Daylife
Back view
BelgaPicture
Old 11-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The blue dress is really nice, the best evening dress she currently owns imo. It's a recycle from the PoW's 60th birthday party (2008) and the dinner of honour with the president of the Domenian Republic (2009)
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/F...DHlc_O8Jwl.jpg

Letizia looks lovely but it's a shame that does nothing with her hair at such events, like an updo.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/F...rmdzf4a8jl.jpg

Closed Thread