The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pretty dress ... for a 17 year old at the event of her school ball. As others already said, something is off with this dress. Plus the usual ugly tights and double platforms.

No she's not really enjoying herself, what's new? This time is was even worse, a journo event but still it's Felipe reading the speech, the wife is listening.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Felipe had been to this even many times before his marriage. It looked like the pictures were taken during the speeches. I don't think one can say she didn't enjoy the event based on a few snapshots taken during the speeches since she didn't look any different from the others (ex. Felipe). Actually in the previous year, she really enjoyed meeting her old friends.
I prefer the skirt a bit longer and no black tights.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Nobility

for the diner of hungarian president, she was very elegant, the skirt was splendid and the blouse was a very nice choise it's unconventional nd it was a good idea, that remind me a little what wore queen rania for laetizia wedding at the church
about the new black dress, I like it, it's simple and fashion, the only thing I don't like are the shoes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Nobility

I like the pleating details of the black dress, but it might have looked nicer in a fabric that wasn't so fluid. She needs to lose the tights and the platforms. The skirt should have been longer too.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pretty dress ... for a 17 year old at the event of her school ball.
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it! It's much too short, so it really doesn't look very elegant... The shoes just look tacky to me. But apart from the outfit Letizia's hair looked quite good and the jewellery is nice.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I like the the black satin dress, but I think it should be a little longer. As usual, those awful shoes and black stockings ruin the whole ensemble, IMO
Love the jewellery and her hair also looks very nice.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like this black dress, it´s modern, youthful and different than Letizia usually has. She looked very beautiful last night with nice make up, beautiful earrings and the bracelet.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

It's the first time I don't think" Honey, please gain some weight!". She looks very good in it
Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The front design of the black dress looks a bit messy/fussy to me. But her hair does look very good.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Huffington Post - Princess Letizia's Gowns: Gaudy Or Gorgeous? (PHOTOS, POLL)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

She doesn't look too thin here either. There are definitely clothes out there that wouldn't make her look too thin, she just has to choose the right style and fabrics that Rania has been so much better, and I think they both are about the same size.

Attend 'Antonio Asensio' Awards

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3...hera11232o.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2uz46xi.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/4jqovm.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/es1fmo.jpg
Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
And Letizia keeps her own line at her shoes
Daylife
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Mini dresses are in now? Perhaps for the average girl on the street but certainly not on a Crown Princess. Oh dear, certainly not elegant or regal, imho.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Overall, the outfit is nice, and I like the little belt detail. Again, I am not a fan of these types of shoes, so I won't comment on them.

I just feel that this outfit (although nice) is suitable for a concert or a dinner night out with your husband. I don't find it suitable for an award function, IMO.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

A particularly disastrous look.
Letizia’s arms and legs are far too thin to wear such a short sleeveless dress, its fabric isn’t nice to begin with and tailored so badly that she looks as if she had no torso left to her body, and the glimmering tights and shoes are simply vulgar.

Not only an inappropriate style for a Princess, but also the quintessential ‘Fashion Victim’ look:
Wear everything awful that's wrong for you because it's supposed to be in (mainstream) fashion.

Full view:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1769/ppe09112364.jpg

Shoes:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9307/16701452.jpg
Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia a "serious" princess who focusses on work and not on fashion? She looks like straight out of the latest Mango or Zara catalogue for target customers 10 years younger than her

Unfortunately, this look is not appropriate neither to her position nor age. The minidress looks ridiculous and appears to be of bad quality. Shoes and stockings ... I am not even getting there.

It's almost painful to see how much effort Letizia used to put into a regal appearance at the same event in 2004, scroll down for further pics
Premio Antonio Asensio de Periodismo - Grupo Zeta

Sadly, these days she only looks as if she has lost the plot along the way.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This dress looks awful on her, IMO. Not only because of the lenght and colour, the shape is also very unflattering.
No mention to the shoes nor the black stockings...
IMO, this isn´t even modern or fashion, it´s just so vulgar

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Nobility

Daylife[/QUOTE]

Awful dress hideous shoes not mention that awful pose in the above photo...
She wants so bad to be on fashion trend that she repeats her mistakes over and over.
Please get an advisor!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
the dress is beautiful but too short, I don't like the shoes
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
the dress is beautiful but too short, I don't like the shoes
Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I find this dress nice (though the material doesn't look good!) but it is too short and looks almost ridiculous for a public event.
However, I can't understand the reasons for these awful "model's" postures.

Picture Belga
Quote:

Closed Thread