The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Well, this gown isn´t the best I´ve seen in Letizia, but it isn´t so bad, IMO. The top is really nice, and the skirt isn´t so ugly, although I agree, it doesn´t suit her. I think the only thing wrong in this gown is the colour: black always looks wonderful in cocktail dresses, for example, but not for a gala gown, IMO ( and it isn´t one of Letizia best colours)
I like her make-up ( absolutely lovely, as always ) and her hair...well, it´s quite nice, but not for the Prussian tiara

Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like this dress. Yes, Letizia has wore a safety-pin before and she wears it again. Both king Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have seen the safety-pin before. I´m sure that if this safety-pin would have bothered them, they would have had said something. As Letizia still wears it, I think that it doesn´t bother the Kings at all. They are not ashamed of her wearing it.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Courtier

The safety pin: If Letizia doesn't have a jeweled pin in her collection, then she needs to buy one - pronto! It doesn't have to be real jewels, just something that can replace that awful safety pin. Ribbon orders should be held in high esteem and Letizia is disgracing the order.
Letizia shows that she has a tacky streak that is most unbecoming the Crown Princess of Spain.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

A tacky streak?! Lord almighty, I've heard it all......
Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

What is going on with those safety pins?What do they symbolise and why JK or Sophia might have been bothered by it?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
What is going on with those safety pins?What do they symbolise and why JK or Sophia might have been bothered by it?
As far as I can tell they symbolise nothing and there's nothing to suggest the King or Queen would be bothered by it. Yet more fuss over nothing imo.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Perhaps wear the safety pin the other way around so it is hidden behind the band. Anyway I have been looking at this picture and although I don't find the dress horrible, yet not my favorite I think it makes her look out of proportion... like a girl wearing her mom's clothes or something.

Her head and torso look too big compared to her tiny arms, which looked like she was carrying a grocery bag. And what is up with the bracelet halfway her arm? I found it odd

I would describe this ensamble as odd
Old 03-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

What I find odd is How do the bracelets manage to stay way up on her arms??? Does she use tape so they stick...any ideas? My cuff bracelets always manage to find their way around my wrists! :(
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Some more pictures of the dress
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...es_letizia.jpg

front view
side view

Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, HM! But the pics don't answer my question!! How do her bracelets stay UP on her arms? I have noticed them in other photos as well and I am truly curious. Honest...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Courtier

I too wonder why she wore this diamond safety pin again. Perhaps for sentimental reasons? I mean, she wore a fleur-de-lis pin on her sash last Feb. 9, 2009:
Princess Letizia Pictures - Spanish Royals Host Gala Dinner Honoring Argentina President - Zimbio
and that pin looks way better than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Thank you, HM! But the pics don't answer my question!! How do her bracelets stay UP on her arms? I have noticed them in other photos as well and I am truly curious. Honest...
I think the bracelets will eventually work its way down. We need photos at a different time - like during the dinner or after. Otherwise, she must wedge them pretty tight on her arms.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you. ayvee! But I do have doubts as to how many times she must shove them up her arms in order for them to stay! One would think that a pap would catch her when she supposedly wedges them up her arms.... Oh well. A conundrum for sure. :)
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Galerías de imágenes im hoping that this dress can be adapted with the puff skirt removed

Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
A tacky streak?! Lord almighty, I've heard it all......
I will backtrack on what I said. I have a client who deals in orders and medals (including sashes).
He stated that he didn't have a problem with it and that it isn't a violation of protocol to use the safety pin. It might look weird but, most certainly, it would look better if the safety pin was hidden.

As for my opinion, one small faux pas like this can spoil the whole effect.

As for the bracelets riding up her arms, perhaps with all the shaking of hands in the reception line makes the bracelets bounce uncomfortably around Letizia's wrists and it is just easier to push them out of the way.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Thank you. ayvee! But I do have doubts as to how many times she must shove them up her arms in order for them to stay! One would think that a pap would catch her when she supposedly wedges them up her arms.... Oh well. A conundrum for sure. :)
My daughter and granddaughter use "HOLLYWOOD FASHION TAPE" on the large cuffs and bracelets to keep them exactly where they want them. Works extremely well.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I have to believe that someone[maybe one of the children in a hospital] gave Letizia this safety pin and she wears it in a very predominant place for them to notice. It certainly does nothing else; i.e., keeping the sash together or preventing it from falling off. I am certain that she got permission from her in-laws and husband before wearing as she MUST know that someone would question such an odd thing. Wish someone would ask her about it [I am just being nosey] as I would love to hear the story.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Courtier

I really don't like this dress.I don't like seeing her with sleeveless dresses,her arms aren't nice.I am never impressed by her galadresses,they are cheap looking.Queen Sofia has much better taste.
Her hairdoo is nice
I also think that the safety pin is inappropriate
Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think that confortable means that one should be using some tennis shoes and large pants....No confortable isn't the only word that should matters to Letizia...she is a princess Queen to be, and of course she must like the clothes she wears but many times she doesn't dress according to the ocassion and that yes it really matters!!!!! And sometimes people should wear clothes that flatter them, for example Letizia has sucht skinny arms so she shouldn't wear anything sleveless.
That's only a matter of opinions. Many women with skinny arms wore sleeveless dresses, ex. Audrey Hepburn, the black sleeveless dresses was pretty much her signature look. From some pictures, Letizia's arms are not that skinny, she just has a smaller frame in general.
I think you misunderstood what I meant 'comfortable'.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Winnie, that's a diamond/yellow-gold pin, looks quite ancient . The diamonds didn't look as tiny as the most safety pins I saw in the stores. Perhaps it belongs to the SRF family jewels, her mother-in-law gave to her to hold the sash.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1821/1z496dl.jpg
Old 03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care if it's 500 years old; it Still looks ridiculous, imo!! Family jewels?? Surely they could come up with something a little more important-looking. I mean if you need a magnifying glass to see the diamonds (?) it looks kind of silly to me.

Closed Thread