The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Letizia is not looking her best lately. I so wish she would go back to Caprile for her designer! She looks just...ordinary, whereas she used to look Extraordinary! She also needs a new tiara as that one looks almost silly on her...not at all regal.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
As long as they are comfortable with their own appearance.
I think that confortable means that one should be using some tennis shoes and large pants....No confortable isn't the only word that should matters to Letizia...she is a princess Queen to be, and of course she must like the clothes she wears but many times she doesn't dress according to the ocassion and that yes it really matters!!!!! And sometimes people should wear clothes that flatter them, for example Letizia has sucht skinny arms so she shouldn't wear anything sleveless.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think people should wear the cloths and not the cloths wear the person. The skirt is way to puffy/big for Letizia. It does nothing to her. The emroidered top looks like a mini dress which was worn as a top though I like how it shimmerswith the plain skirt. Overall its not too bad of a look, IMO she has worn worse ex the green beaded jacket and puff skirt

The hair looks really nice, I like this style on Letizia.
I think she should have had a shawl in her hand not because she shouldnt wear sleevless but its always elegent IMo when royals wear sleevless tops hold a shawl.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Letizia wearing a new galadress

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...fQfHz/610x.jpg

I am a little disappointed by this new dress.
The top is nice, but the bottom part looks weird.
It looks like she wore a dress and put another skirt over it.
Her hair looks beautiful (although I'll never really like seeing tiaras and open hair) .
the dress is quite nice , nothing special....maybe she would wear Queen Sofia's beautiful Dress
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Nobility

I like the dress although it is indeed not very special.
Is that a safety pin on her sash ?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

About Letizia not looking her best lately(although I liked her hairdo and tiara at the dinner):I believe it doesn't have to do with the clothes,but with the fact that she has lost a lot of weight.I think she would look much more sweet and curved if she put on some kilos.More feminine,in other words.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
I like the dress although it is indeed not very special.
Is that a safety pin on her sash ?
it is the return of the safety pin
Galerías de imágenes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
it is the return of the safety pin
Galerías de imágenes
She Does it volontary ...
when people criticize these platforms shoes, she put them again and again ...
When people criticize the fact that she dresses in Zara and Mango, the days that followed she wears cheap clothes.
when people criticize the reyclage of her clothes she recycles it non stop for weeks ...
Last Time she had a safety pin (more discret than now) she had critizice for pages and pages
Now, right here she pu'ts the the safety pin at the bad side, highlights for the photos because it is obvious that it could bring in more discrete

I really admire this woman
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

that would almost make her a masochist

if royalty is to be admired for wearing cheap clothes and safety pins the idea of monarchy has gone horribly wrong, at least in spain.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

So she wore a safety pin-big deal! It's hardly the end of the world.

I don't like the dress, because the skirt doesn't suit Letizia but the top part of the dress is pretty and as usual her hair make-up is fabulous.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do hope that Letizia wears awful safety pins on her sash only because she really likes them.
I cannot believe she wears them only because she wants to be criticized.
That would be really stupid of her! Come on, she is a Crown Princess, not Madonna!
Anyway, though black is not her colour, her dress is not so terrible, IMO. Surely it is not a haute couture gown. I find very ugly the second skirt and the shoes.
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_199lo.jpg
(pic posted by Bonbon)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post

When people criticize the fact that she dresses in Zara and Mango, the days that followed she wears cheap clothes.
when people criticize the reyclage of her clothes she recycles it non stop for weeks ...
Last Time she had a safety pin (more discret than now) she had critizice for pages and pages
Now, right here she pu'ts the the safety pin at the bad side, highlights for the photos because it is obvious that it could bring in more discrete

Brilliant! Absolutly brilliant analysis and conclusion! Ikram, please keep on posting like this
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
[...]
1) I really don't think she does it "volontary" or something. I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

2) if she did it volontary it would be a childish behaviour... nothing admirable.. and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).

The safety pin looks like a last-minute decision. ... a brooch would have been a million times better.... or at least a smaller safety pin.
I agree that it's not the end of the world if it happens once (well, it happened for the second time already). It's rather awkward anyway.
(I think I never saw any other Royal using a safety pin for a sash before, and I hope this was the last time we saw Letizia doing it.)

Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
1) I really don't think she does it "volontary" or something. I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

2) if she did it volontary it would be a childish behaviour... nothing admirable.. and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).

The safety pin looks like a list-minute decision. ... a brooch would have been a million times better.... or at least a smaller safety pin.
I agree that it's not the end of the world if it happens once. It's rather awkward anyway.
I have read somewere in press article about her life since she is married that , she is very aware about her image , each morning she browse the Net, for the global informations, and also for what is written about here, her image....
Few months ago in a gala dinner she had the same style clothes with the ribon, and she put with a very nice little Lys brooch, few days before she put a very small safety pin very more discret than tomorrow one ....
I really don't can imagine Letizia , could make before a gala dinner or any smallest event a "list-minute decision"
I think , and The Queen told herselve to, that CP letizia Know exactly what she does at every seconds ...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).
she did it once, on her engagement day, telling felipe not to interrupt her. these days of boldness have long gone.

i agree with hm that she does not know about people not liking her clothes and even if she knew she would not have time to worry about it.

to suggest that a princess "volontary" does a regular ugly duckling appearance, often next to her sparkling mother in law as an act of defiance is a bit far fetched, really.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Majesty

A safety pin on a sash does not look good. I am sure there are less visible ways to secure the sash. I am not keen on a new black ensemble.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Nobility

The pin and both of her attires for the day look great. I especially liked when they posed for photographs earlier in the day where the dress she wore and her black stockings and shoes just fit tight and showed her attractive body in all form. She truly is a beauty and I think worrying about pins and whether she recycles or whether she puts her wardrobe together nicely, neglects the fact that overall she has a reputation of being distinct with a touch all her own; something I find admirable. As I have noticed throughout her endeavors, she seems to be bold and ever manageable to the likes of her own. It appears to me that she commands regard and attention as one in her placing may. She's a Princess of the 21st Century and I think she knows it and does so well.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Letizia wearing a new galadress

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...fQfHz/610x.jpg

I am a little disappointed by this new dress.
The top is nice, but the bottom part looks weird.
It looks like she wore a dress and put another skirt over it.
Her hair looks beautiful (although I'll never really like seeing tiaras and open hair) .

I like a lot her hairdo, and the make-up is perfect, but the dress is average the top is beautiful but I don't like the shape of the back
Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I doubt she read the message boards. She was not criticized in media for all these, I don't think she knew all these criticisms. I remember the media said her sash was placed in a wrong way at the previous dinner with Putin (although Elena had done the same before), she got a new top for her green dress. Perhaps she didn't think she needed a brooch, the safety pin looked like a last mininute decision. She didn't have either safety pin or brooch when she wore this small sash at other events, did she ?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I know that I am in the minority here, but I actually like this dress. No, it is not my favorite, but I don't think that she looks terrible in either. It has a kind of ballerina-look (IMO), and it suits her.

I'm not even going to bother mentioning the safety pin.