Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2009 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that Letizia wears awful safety pins on her sash only because she really likes them.
I cannot believe she wears them only because she wants to be criticized.
That would be really stupid of her! Come on, she is a Crown Princess, not Madonna!
Anyway, though black is not her colour, her dress is not so terrible, IMO. Surely it is not a haute couture gown. I find very ugly the second skirt and the shoes:eek:.
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91457_snfod5_122_199lo.jpg
(pic posted by Bonbon)

She Does it volontary ...​

when people criticize these platforms shoes, she put them again and again ...
When people criticize the fact that she dresses in Zara and Mango, the days that followed she wears cheap clothes.
when people criticize the reyclage of her clothes she recycles it non stop for weeks ...
Last Time she had a safety pin (more discret than now) she had critizice for pages and pages
Now, right here she pu'ts the the safety pin at the bad side, highlights for the photos because it is obvious that it could bring in more discrete​

I really admire this woman :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant! Absolutly brilliant analysis and conclusion! Ikram, please keep on posting like this :previous: :clap:

She Does it volontary ...
[...]
1) I really don't think she does it "volontary" or something. I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

2) if she did it volontary it would be a childish behaviour... nothing admirable.. and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).

The safety pin looks like a last-minute decision. ... a brooch would have been a million times better.... or at least a smaller safety pin. :cool:
I agree that it's not the end of the world if it happens once (well, it happened for the second time already). It's rather awkward anyway.
(I think I never saw any other Royal using a safety pin for a sash before, and I hope this was the last time we saw Letizia doing it.)

Last edited:
1) I really don't think she does it "volontary" or something. I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

2) if she did it volontary it would be a childish behaviour... nothing admirable.. and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).

The safety pin looks like a list-minute decision. ... a brooch would have been a million times better.... or at least a smaller safety pin. :cool:
I agree that it's not the end of the world if it happens once. It's rather awkward anyway.
I have read somewere in press article about her life since she is married that , she is very aware about her image , each morning she browse the Net, for the global informations, and also for what is written about here, her image....
Few months ago in a gala dinner she had the same style clothes with the ribon, and she put with a very nice little Lys brooch, few days before she put a very small safety pin very more discret than tomorrow one ....
I really don't can imagine Letizia , could make before a gala dinner or any smallest event a "list-minute decision"
I think , and The Queen told herselve to, that CP letizia Know exactly what she does at every seconds ...

I don't even think she knows that many people don't like her shoes or whatever she wears (I am pretty sure she doesn't read boards like TRF... and the media hardly critizises her fashion).

and I really don't think Letizia would act just to dare people. That's doesn't really match her character (or at least how I estimate her character).

she did it once, on her engagement day, telling felipe not to interrupt her. these days of boldness have long gone.

i agree with hm that she does not know about people not liking her clothes and even if she knew she would not have time to worry about it.

to suggest that a princess "volontary" does a regular ugly duckling appearance, often next to her sparkling mother in law as an act of defiance is a bit far fetched, really.

A safety pin on a sash does not look good. I am sure there are less visible ways to secure the sash. I am not keen on a new black ensemble.

The pin and both of her attires for the day look great. I especially liked when they posed for photographs earlier in the day where the dress she wore and her black stockings and shoes just fit tight and showed her attractive body in all form. She truly is a beauty and I think worrying about pins and whether she recycles or whether she puts her wardrobe together nicely, neglects the fact that overall she has a reputation of being distinct with a touch all her own; something I find admirable. As I have noticed throughout her endeavors, she seems to be bold and ever manageable to the likes of her own. It appears to me that she commands regard and attention as one in her placing may. She's a Princess of the 21st Century and I think she knows it and does so well.

Letizia wearing a new galadress

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/054mbiL4fQfHz/610x.jpg

I am a little disappointed by this new dress.
The top is nice, but the bottom part looks weird.
It looks like she wore a dress and put another skirt over it.
Her hair looks beautiful (although I'll never really like seeing tiaras and open hair) .

I like a lot her hairdo, and the make-up is perfect, but the dress is average the top is beautiful but I don't like the shape of the back

She Does it volontary ...​

when people criticize these platforms shoes, she put them again and again ...
When people criticize the fact that she dresses in Zara and Mango, the days that followed she wears cheap clothes.
when people criticize the reyclage of her clothes she recycles it non stop for weeks ...
Last Time she had a safety pin (more discret than now) she had critizice for pages and pages
Now, right here she pu'ts the the safety pin at the bad side, highlights for the photos because it is obvious that it could bring in more discrete​

I doubt she read the message boards. She was not criticized in media for all these, I don't think she knew all these criticisms. I remember the media said her sash was placed in a wrong way at the previous dinner with Putin (although Elena had done the same before), she got a new top for her green dress. Perhaps she didn't think she needed a brooch, the safety pin looked like a last mininute decision. She didn't have either safety pin or brooch when she wore this small sash at other events, did she ?

I know that I am in the minority here, but I actually like this dress. No, it is not my favorite, but I don't think that she looks terrible in either. It has a kind of ballerina-look (IMO), and it suits her.

I'm not even going to bother mentioning the safety pin.

Well, this gown isn´t the best I´ve seen in Letizia, but it isn´t so bad, IMO. The top is really nice, and the skirt isn´t so ugly, although I agree, it doesn´t suit her. I think the only thing wrong in this gown is the colour: black always looks wonderful in cocktail dresses, for example, but not for a gala gown, IMO ( and it isn´t one of Letizia best colours)
I like her make-up ( absolutely lovely, as always :flowers: ) and her hair...well, it´s quite nice, but not for the Prussian tiara :nonono:

I like this dress. Yes, Letizia has wore a safety-pin before and she wears it again. Both king Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have seen the safety-pin before. I´m sure that if this safety-pin would have bothered them, they would have had said something. As Letizia still wears it, I think that it doesn´t bother the Kings at all. They are not ashamed of her wearing it.

The safety pin: If Letizia doesn't have a jeweled pin in her collection, then she needs to buy one - pronto! It doesn't have to be real jewels, just something that can replace that awful safety pin. Ribbon orders should be held in high esteem and Letizia is disgracing the order.
Letizia shows that she has a tacky streak that is most unbecoming the Crown Princess of Spain.

A tacky streak?! Lord almighty, I've heard it all......

What is going on with those safety pins?What do they symbolise and why JK or Sophia might have been bothered by it?

What is going on with those safety pins?What do they symbolise and why JK or Sophia might have been bothered by it?
As far as I can tell they symbolise nothing and there's nothing to suggest the King or Queen would be bothered by it. Yet more fuss over nothing imo.

Perhaps wear the safety pin the other way around so it is hidden behind the band. Anyway I have been looking at this picture and although I don't find the dress horrible, yet not my favorite I think it makes her look out of proportion... like a girl wearing her mom's clothes or something.

Her head and torso look too big compared to her tiny arms, which looked like she was carrying a grocery bag. And what is up with the bracelet halfway her arm? I found it odd

I would describe this ensamble as odd

What I find odd is How do the bracelets manage to stay way up on her arms??? Does she use tape so they stick...any ideas? My cuff bracelets always manage to find their way around my wrists! :(

Thank you, HM! But the pics don't answer my question!! How do her bracelets stay UP on her arms? I have noticed them in other photos as well and I am truly curious. Honest...

I too wonder why she wore this diamond safety pin again. Perhaps for sentimental reasons? I mean, she wore a fleur-de-lis pin on her sash last Feb. 9, 2009:
Princess Letizia Pictures - Spanish Royals Host Gala Dinner Honoring Argentina President - Zimbio
and that pin looks way better than this one.

Thank you, HM! But the pics don't answer my question!! How do her bracelets stay UP on her arms? I have noticed them in other photos as well and I am truly curious. Honest...

I think the bracelets will eventually work its way down. We need photos at a different time - like during the dinner or after. Otherwise, she must wedge them pretty tight on her arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. ayvee! But I do have doubts as to how many times she must shove them up her arms in order for them to stay! One would think that a pap would catch her when she supposedly wedges them up her arms.... Oh well. A conundrum for sure. :)

A tacky streak?! Lord almighty, I've heard it all......

I will backtrack on what I said. I have a client who deals in orders and medals (including sashes).
He stated that he didn't have a problem with it and that it isn't a violation of protocol to use the safety pin. It might look weird but, most certainly, it would look better if the safety pin was hidden.

As for my opinion, one small faux pas like this can spoil the whole effect.

As for the bracelets riding up her arms, perhaps with all the shaking of hands in the reception line makes the bracelets bounce uncomfortably around Letizia's wrists and it is just easier to push them out of the way.

Thank you. ayvee! But I do have doubts as to how many times she must shove them up her arms in order for them to stay! One would think that a pap would catch her when she supposedly wedges them up her arms.... Oh well. A conundrum for sure. :)
My daughter and granddaughter use "HOLLYWOOD FASHION TAPE" on the large cuffs and bracelets to keep them exactly where they want them. Works extremely well.

I have to believe that someone[maybe one of the children in a hospital] gave Letizia this safety pin and she wears it in a very predominant place for them to notice. It certainly does nothing else; i.e., keeping the sash together or preventing it from falling off. I am certain that she got permission from her in-laws and husband before wearing as she MUST know that someone would question such an odd thing. Wish someone would ask her about it [I am just being nosey] as I would love to hear the story.

I really don't like this dress.I don't like seeing her with sleeveless dresses,her arms aren't nice.I am never impressed by her galadresses,they are cheap looking.Queen Sofia has much better taste.
Her hairdoo is nice
I also think that the safety pin is inappropriate

I think that confortable means that one should be using some tennis shoes and large pants....No confortable isn't the only word that should matters to Letizia...she is a princess Queen to be, and of course she must like the clothes she wears but many times she doesn't dress according to the ocassion and that yes it really matters!!!!! And sometimes people should wear clothes that flatter them, for example Letizia has sucht skinny arms so she shouldn't wear anything sleveless.

That's only a matter of opinions. Many women with skinny arms wore sleeveless dresses, ex. Audrey Hepburn, the black sleeveless dresses was pretty much her signature look. From some pictures, Letizia's arms are not that skinny, she just has a smaller frame in general.
I think you misunderstood what I meant 'comfortable'.

I don't care if it's 500 years old; it Still looks ridiculous, imo!! Family jewels?? Surely they could come up with something a little more important-looking. I mean if you need a magnifying glass to see the diamonds (?) it looks kind of silly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom