Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2009 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louboutin might be a Master,but Letizia-unfortunately-chose the most unflattering shoes he could make.What a platform!!How many floors is it?

Louboutin might be a Master,but Letizia-unfortunately-chose the most unflattering shoes he could make.What a platform!!How many floors is it?

A red sole doesn't make a shoe a Louboutin and I don't think that Letizia's shoes are. Like others before Spanish designers will have picked up a trend and here we go. These shoes do not resemble Louboutin's style in any way.

Louboutin's current collection includes lots of platform heels.
And many of these have a platform that is much higher then the one of Letizia's shoes.
Like this pair , this pair,or these weird Mary Janes, for example.

Last edited:
:previous: Even looking at the platforms in the collection, his shoes are still delicate, the heels stilletoes rather than tree trunk and those shoes Letizia is wearing look about as light and comfortable as army boots! :nonono:

I could be wrong of course and it is just the result of the "serviceable" heavy black tights. They look just like the ones we used to wear with our winter school uniform. :whistling:

Thanks for the info!These pairs are completely hideous,but Letizia's look even worse.Perhaps they are from an old collection.

I like the dress that she is wearing, but the stockings are too dark and thick. Perhaps the shoes would have looked nicer if she was wearing nude stockings. The shade of black on the top part looks lighter than the stockings, and it ruins this look (IMO).

How about a pair of Sheer black stockings and a more feminine , lighter looking shoe?! I Love her dress but I think it could be abit longer with the shoes and tights she's wearing with it...

I always thought that this red outfit is made for an older woman.Letizia's hair looks very nice here,but I prefer it medium long,just like it is nowadays.

I agree with you, Iakynthi. This outfit is pretty, but it is a bit old for her. It would look lovely on Queen Sofia. I also prefer her hair longer than she is wearing it in this picture.

Thanks for the info!These pairs are completely hideous,but Letizia's look even worse.Perhaps they are from an old collection.

Or maybe they are cheap knock-offs!

I have no doubt,Pamk ;) Especially if Mango or Zara have started producing shoes as well :whistling: :nonono:

Cheap shoes can kill any outfit. Cheap shoes look cheap - period.
When the platform craze is over, Letizia is going to have a ton of outdated
(and ugly) shoes to get rid of - unless she chooses to to keep wearing those
hideous clodhoppers!

I don't really like that dress.Black might be safe in most cases,but the neckline of this specific dress doesn't flatter Letizia at all,in my opinion.

I don't really like that dress.Black might be safe in most cases,but the neckline of this specific dress doesn't flatter Letizia at all,in my opinion.

this dress is designed to be worn with mantilla and i don't think it's suitable for an evening gala event.
when visiting the pope
http://s5.tinypic.com/9iacnd.jpg
becoming godmother of a ship
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/casareal/1158673972220.jpg

as a consequence, letizia has never worn it on other occasions but it looks classy, no surprise as it is designed by caprile ;)
there is a huge difference to the cheap and shapeless looking black frock designed by varela, especially next to queen sofia in an amazing oscar de la renta creation.
Getty Images - Spanish Royals Attend Opening of Extension at El Prado Museum

I like the dress when it is paired with the mantilla. The dress from the third photo is kind of boring-looking. Queen Sofia's dress, however, is absolutely gorgeous. I suppose that anything would look boring when standing next to the Queen in that de la Renta dress.

Poor Letizia!!Q.Sofia looks as if she takes all the good stuff...

I guess this type of mantilla is traditional in Spain,right?I have seen paintings of Goya (perhaps it was Montigliani as well) that depicted women wearing those mantillas.And I agree Letizia looks good with one of them.

I thought the black dress was perefct for meeting the Pope and was so elegant - i am sure that when she becomes Queen she will wear white when they meet the Pope

Last edited:
So,in other words,there are certain colours-especially black & white-that have a certain symbolism,right?
By the way,I like Felipe with the beard (irrelevant!).

So,in other words,there are certain colours-especially black & white-that have a certain symbolism,right?
By the way,I like Felipe with the beard (irrelevant!).

When a Catholic queen meets the Pope in the Vatican she always wears white (Sofia, Paola, Grand-duchess Maria-Theresa etc) but a Catholic princess wears black (Letizia, Mathidle etc) as do non-Catholic princesses and monarchs (hence Queen Elizabeth and Beatrix wear black)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom