The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Courtier

I love the original design of this gown. The one she had on her pre-wedding gala. It looks much more regal and sophisticated. Why did she ever change it.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Majesty

Good grief, are you mad? Letizia wore the original with pizzazz! Now it's just plain boring, or it would be if they hadn't utterly destoyed a work of art! Barbarians at the Gates!

To reiterate my previous statement;
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg
All I can say is . . . . . Bin it, Burn it! Put a stake through the bodice if need be, so there is no way that that sucker is ever going to arise to haunt us again.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Good grief, are you mad? Letizia wore the original with pizzazz! Now it's just plain boring, or it would be if they haddn't utterly destoyed a work of art! Barbarians at the Gates!

To reiterate my previous statement;
Yes, at least with original design, the dress looked like an evening gown, but now with the actual design, with all that lace, and that deep low neckline, it looks like a nightie.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes it Was a masterpiece. It is now time to gracefully retire it and leave it in the back of the royal closet....hopefully never to be seen again in it's present form. We can all relive the original design in all it's glory in our minds and old photos. *flowers*
Old 05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
I love the original design of this gown. The one she had on her pre-wedding gala. It looks much more regal and sophisticated. Why did she ever change it.
I agree. I do adore the dres now. But not as much as the old one. I hadn't realised it was the same dress just re-designed until somebody pointed it out. Why didn't she keep the original and have some create this new one as an extra. I am right in saying that this new dress was formed from the old one?x
Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Dinner tonight
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...o-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...o-01$599x0.jpg
Nice repeated blouse and i really like the new skirt and the way her hair is done for a change but why choose another pair of those shoes (this is the 3rd pair of these sandals as this pair are all white)

Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Good lord, these shoes :rolleyes2: they look so out of place for this event, after all a dinner with a foreign Head of State. Clinging onto Felipe doesn't look good either.
The new skirt is nice but doesn't work with quillings on the blouse, another self-combined desaster
Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Dinner tonight
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...o-00$599x0.jpg
Nice repeated blouse and i really like the new skirt and the way her hair is done for a change but why choose another pair of those shoes (this is the 3rd pair of these sandals as this pair are all white)
The first time for a while I can say : I LIKE HER SHOES!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the shirt and the skirt but I don't like the fit of the skirt !!
Too bad she ruins the outfit with those shoes!
Does anybody know who is ths shoes stylist?

I am not sure the shirt is a new one. It probably is the shirt she wore for a private dinner with Maxima and Willem in Madrid a few months ago. Am I wrong?
Sorry, I can't find the pic.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I am not sure the shirt is a new one. It probably is the shirt she wore for a private dinner with Maxima and Willem in Madrid a few months ago. Am I wrong?
Sorry, I can't find the pic.
The skirt is new the shirt is old. I like it and it looked better on other occasions
with Columbian President
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/S...X9AyTdrdxl.jpg
with Maxima & WA
http://koningshuizenoveral.web-log.n...08/06/25/1.jpg
journalism award
Getty Images - Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Attend Francisco Cerecedo Awards

Letizia owns the same shirt in black
Getty Images - Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Attend Ambassadors Conference Dinner
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Sr5qF/610x.jpg

The print of the skirt is nice but I agree about the shape, very matronly.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Majesty

i think she looked very lovely and feminine in this outfit. the shoes seemed a bit too much but are nevertheless quite nice. lovely new skirt, and it looks great with the shirt and hairdo.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i think she looked very lovely and feminine in this outfit. the shoes seemed a bit too much but are nevertheless quite nice. lovely new skirt, and it looks great with the shirt and hairdo.

I agree, she looks beautiful in this outfit . Somehow, I like the shoes with it .
Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Nobility

She is simply stunning in this outfit.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like this new skirt. It looks lovely! Hairdo is nice & shoes are wonderful, as usual.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia looked absolutely gorgeous last night. Lovely new skirt, beautiful hairdo - wonderful! Shoes are ok too.
PurePeople
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I love this outfit on her! The skirt is very beautiful (I love the print), the shirt is also nice and the shoes...not my favourite pair, but despite that, they look incredibly well with this outfit.
And her hairdo is simply amazing, one of the most beautiful hairdos she has worn lately.
She looks stunning.
http://www.purepeople.com/article/la...daire_a30974/1

Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Good lord, these shoes :rolleyes2: they look so out of place for this event, after all a dinner with a foreign Head of State. Clinging onto Felipe doesn't look good either.
The new skirt is nice but doesn't work with quillings on the blouse, another self-combined desaster
Think the shoes are out of place definitely, the "clinging" isn't that bad. It's nice to see some affection from the royal couple. x
Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Ontvangst president uit El Salvador.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I really liked the last outfit on Letizia!
The skirt is really beautiful and looked just great with the blouse.
The hairdo was lovely, too.

So, Letizia owns at least 3 different versions of the sandals she wore for this event
In purple
In White/Beige
and
In White

(Hola, Getty,PurpePeople)

Old 05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I really liked the last outfit on Letizia!
The skirt is really beautiful and looked just great with the blouse.
The hairdo was lovely, too.

So, Letizia owns at least 3 different versions of the sandals she wore for this event
In purple
In White/Beige
and
In White

(Hola, Getty,PurpePeople)
Indeed alovely outfit. Something about the shoes I like though they dont fit the event IMO. Hair and make up is just perfect.