Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy: Did I just see a nice pair of high heels or my eyes are playing tricks??Hmmm,Jinigirl,it seems that someone found the right direction...it was about time ;)

Wonderfull. The wish for better looking shoes for Letizia in 2009 has come true.............so far:whistling:

I love her gown. Very beautiful and elegant.

Her dress was nice. That hue of pale green embroidered on her upper torso reminded me very of the Spanish tradition. Very beautiful of Letizia as well as of Queen Sofia; the gold and blue were well made. I have to give it to the Spaniards for their unique celeste.

Enough jokes about Letizia's platform shoes!!

Members have been warned twice already, from both Mandy and I, about this type of unnecessary behavior.

As Mandy noted the first time around:

They are not strippers shoes nor clodhoppers. By all means share your opinions on whether or not Letizia's shoes are a good match with her outfits. However, to constantly disrupt the discussion with repetitious comments about Letizia's perceived "ugly" shoes (I'm putting it mildly.) is unfair to the other posters who are trying to follow the discussion. Further repetitive posts of this nature will be removed without notice.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator

I hope we are finally crystal clear about this.

GT
Royal House of Fashion Mod

Though I can't understand why she repeated the same dress at the same event (she could have recycled a different one!),
Letizia looked great,I find this outfit very nice and very "royal", really perfect for a Crown Princess, IMO, even though the jacket doesn't seem to be perfectly fitted. I like her hair too. I like this haircut, I hope she will not change it.
Last but not least, it seems she was wearing nice shoes too!!!!!!

I love the whole look. Her hair, makeup, jewelry, jacket and that long, flirty, feminine skirt with a tantalising hint of 5" killer stiletto's which would be essential for the skirt to "move", fall and catch the light the way it does.

I love the green-grey-gold muted sheen of what looks like a silk Brocade jacket and silk Shantung skirt. The whole outfit set off with that perfect little beaded silk evening bag. The beading seems to reflect the changing colours in the outfit as she moves.

All in all, just lovely. A rich regal outfit worn by a royal and beautiful Crown Princess. Matchless! :wub:

I like Letizia's lovely long green gown a lot but she wore it for two years straight. She looks the same last year and this year, with the same hair and everything. It would have been nice if she could wear her hair up. I hope she'll wear something different next year and that will remain to be seen.:rolleyes:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65 one picture containing a direct comparison of the 3 times she has worn the outfit
my favourite is still 2005 because i loved the green velevt skirt combo with the jacket

I agree with you! The green velvet skirt looked really elegant with the jacket. Her hair also looked the best in the 2005 photo.

This gown is so gorgeous that it should be worn multiple times. Her purse/handbag is amazing.

yes, much better in 2005. the big skirt for 2009 and 2008 is just too big for such a petite lady.

My opinion is same,too.It's better than 2005.The green skirt is elegant.

A nice close-up about the dress today:
Zimbio
This red dress is very beautiful, I don´t mind that she recycled it.

I like this red dress but I am not happy that she recycled it. :nonono: It would be nice to see her to wear something new.

Is Letizia lauching a new fashion habit? Wearing the same outfits at same events year after year? :eek:Is it a coincidence or something else?
At least we can't see which shoes she wears...:D

Neither do I.
Letizia looks great and I like the dress and the shoes.
The recycling is ok, anyway, why does she repeat the same dresses at the same events?
It is weird, IMO.
Unless also all the guests (the women, of course) at the reception wear the same dresses they wore last year at the same reception, I don't find this recycling nice at all!
IMO, of course!
Last year!

I love this dress.:flowers:
It´s very beautiful, and she always looks wonderful in red clothes. I still think that wear the same clothes of last year is too much, but I must say that this is one of my favourite Letizia´s outfits...
Ahh!! These red shoes are very beautiful!!I love them.;)

Zimbio

The detailed beading on the dress is lovely. Red and velevt look good on Letizia - but im not sure about wearing the red patent shoes perhaps another pair would have been better

Zimbio

Thank you for the close-up photo! The beaded design on this dress is very pretty. I also liked her shoes. This is one of Letizia's best looks.

This looks like two seperates - I wish she would seperate them & wear them with a different skirt or top. letizia does recycle like this occassionally, but if she did moreso her wardrobe would increase 100-fold IMO!

I couldn't agree more,Marmi!!The color is too bright,so these two pieces worn together give me the impression that they are "too much" :rolleyes:

Recycling is a good thing but why it must be exactly the same dress at exactly the same event over and over again is beyond me. Having said that, especially the green skirt and the red combo are so incredibly matronly that Letizia can still wear these outfits at the same events when she's 70, provided that the Spanish monarchy will make it that far.

To all those who say that Letizia is the biggest money saver around, especially in times of economic downturn, by recycling her outfits to death I can only say that in the big picture, since her wedding, she's one of the greatest wasters, considering what her wardrobe used to consist of and that she recylced almost nothing of the tons of suits or shoes dating from the first three years. And I wouldn't call buying dozens of new platform shoes in every imaginable colour exactly "saving money". If there is something a royal woman needs for representing her country at state events it's a decent new gala dress, not a vast collection of footwear that is supposed to be trendy.

To all those who say that Letizia is the biggest money saver around, especially in times of economic downturn, by recycling her outfits to death I can only say that in the big picture, since her wedding, she's one of the greatest wasters, considering what her wardrobe used to consist of and that she recylced almost nothing of the tons of suits or shoes dating from the first three years.

She had two kids during the first 3 years of the marriage ;). I also want to know why she hasn't recycled the clothes she wore before she got pregnant with Leonor the last 2 years. Are those clothes only loans to her (like most of Rania's clothes) or they are just sitting at the end of the closets ?

And I wouldn't call buying dozens of new platform shoes in every imaginable colour exactly "saving money". If there is something a royal woman needs for representing her country at state events it's a decent new gala dress, not a vast collection of footwear that is supposed to be trendy.

The Spanish shoes are in general less expensive. I would not compare a few pairs of the new platform shoes over a year to a couple of 5,000-6,000 Euro Caprile gowns. Caprile's old gowns were very decent, very appriopriate for the events. She wasn't the only royal recycling the gowns at the same event, the Queen of Denmark did the same, god knows how many times Sonja had worn her yellow gown :cool:.

She had two kids during the first 3 years of the marriage ;).

Yes but her body measures never really changed. It's not that she gained weight etc and had to bin and replace her whole wardrobe.

Caprile's old gowns were very decent, very appriopriate for the events. She wasn't the only royal recycling the gowns at the same event, the Queen of Denmark did the same, god knows how many times Sonja had worn her yellow gown :cool:.

I agree that good gowns can be recyled forever but how many gala gowns of this category does Letizia own - I am talking about high level, eg state events? Not more than four or five, the rest are strange combinations consisting of second class Varela top & skirt. In terms of "decent" gala gowns Letizia is at the very end of the royal list compared to what both her peers and mother-in-law or sisters-in-law usually own and wear. I haven't seen her "sparkling" for years, acutally she stopped looking splendid on her wedding day.

I haven't seen her "sparkling" for years, acutally she stopped looking splendid on her wedding day.
Infortunately I believe you are correct. :ohmy:

Admittedly the weight issue seems to factor in but as my sister-in-law, who is much the same build, is wont to say . . . . you can't fatten thoroughbreds, nor alleycats for that matter. :D

Admittedly I know little of Letizia's situation but IMO something has happened to take away that sparkle, that sheer joie de vivre epitomised by her red dress and wonderful hair up-do at cjoie de vivre Mary's wedding. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom