Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion,her appearances are getting worse during the last month.She seemed so plain and underdressed most of the times.And that blue blouse looked like a huge shopping bag on her...I know many of you will not agree,but when we come here to have a look at royals' outfits,I'm sure we expect more than this.I can see these clothes all the time worn by everyday women on the streets,so I would love to see Letizia dressed with more "royal-looking" outfits.Like Rania and Mary,for example.Personally,I never got disappointed by these 2 women.Letizia lately looks like she's completely lost.Let's hope that she keeps the best outfits for Christmas!!

I agree. I liked her fashion sense better when we were first introduced to her and she wore alot of suits. They were simple but very elegant and sophisticated. It's nice to see her wear more dresses, but she is marking the mark quite often in my opinion. Her evening dress isn't always terrible these days, however. She's made a few good choices. But, her daytime clothing is really becoming awful. I don't know what is going on with her.

I actually think the new suits (with skirts) and coat dresses Varela made this fall/winter have been fairly decent. One area he should improve is the pantsuits. The pants were so badly made mostly. He certainly can take a page from Armani on how to make simple yet stylish pants.
Letizia's biggest problem for her daytime outfits IMO is that she had so few clothes for so many acts. She didn't seem to recycle any of the clothes before she got pregnant with Leonor. I think some old clothes were probably loaned to her by Varela and she no longer has them, but some other nice pieces from Armani and Adolfo Dominguez before the wedding were her own clothes, she should bring them out and recycle them.

I loved Letizia's hairstyle that night and the red velvet skirt was a lovely choice for winter.
Loved her hairstlye, loved the style and colour of the ensemble, the shoes are to die for but, the jacket/top shoulder pads were OTT. They made it look like you could use her collar bones for coatrails! :argh:

Instead of making her look feminine it made her look overwhelmingly fragile! :nonono:

Seeing this reminder makes me wonder what Letizia will wear to the 6 Jan parade and the reception later on in January

Odds are on that the green Caprile jacket will be repeated for the 3rd time, it seems it was designed for that event only ;) Letizia attended Pascuar Militar only twice since her marriage, wearing the same jacket:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1199698376&string=letizia+2008

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1105094109&string=letizia+2005

Odds are on that the green Caprile jacket will be repeated for the 3rd time, it seems it was designed for that event only ;) Letizia attended Pascuar Militar only twice since her marriage, wearing the same jacket:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1199698376&string=letizia+2008

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1105094109&string=letizia+2005

I hope she wears the jacket again so we could read more amusing posts criticizing her for repeating.

Nice color.The skirt is wonderful.Her haidoo and make up are nice. We don't see entirely the shoes but at least it seems that they are more elegant than her usual platform shoes.I hope someone can post a better picture of the shoes.The jacket is absolutely ill tailored.The right side of the jacket seems to be taller than the left side.The neckline is too low and not well sewed.There are ugly creases in the left side of the neckline.May be the velvet used is too thick.There are different type of velvet and this one is more aquedate for cushion and home furnitures.Delicate embroidery or some other decoration would have hidden this imperfect neckline.I don't know who is the designer but the one who sewed this jacket looks like a beginner.The belt is ugly.I don't mind the material and color but the shape is not nice.I would have prefered something more simple for the belt

Personally Letizia looked far better in 2005 than in 2008 beacuse the green velvet skirt was a better choice as it made a nice contrast to the jacket. It is a shame we have never seen the velvet skirt repeated at any event - maybe this year we should see it with a different jacket
In 2008 the jacket and skirt combo didnt work for me beause it was all too much of one dull colour plus i wast keen on her hair that day she just looked swamped and drained

Personally Letizia looked far better in 2005 than in 2008 beacuse the green velvet skirt was a better choice as it made a nice contrast to the jacket. It is a shame we have never seen the velvet skirt repeated at any event - maybe this year we should see it with a different jacket
In 2008 the jacket and skirt combo didnt work for me beause it was all too much of one dull colour plus i wast keen on her hair that day she just looked swamped and drained

I agree, in 2005 she looked splendid, hair & outfit. Not only the skirt was worth repeating but also the jacket, although NOT at the same event. In 2008 I didn't like neither hair nor outfit, very dull and matronly.

Regarding the red combo as mentioned by PoE royals.web-log.nl: Terugblik > Nieuwjaarsreceptie Letizia these pictures are from the annual reception for foreign ambassadors in 2005. Letizia only attended this event twice, in 2005 and 2008 and strange enough, like at the annual Pascua Militar with the green Caprile jacket, she chose an almost similar outfit for both occasions.

In 2008 she also wore a red outfit, and, like in 2005 I did like the skirt but not the jacket, whilst the 2005 jacket had hideous shoulder pads and looked ill-fitted, the 2008 jacket looked incredibly matronly, hair was also much better in 2005.

Getty Images - Spanish Royals Host The Annual Foriegn Ambassadors Reception

Getty Images - Spanish Royals Host The Annual Foriegn Ambassadors Reception

I hope she wears the jacket again so we could read more amusing posts criticizing her for repeating.
I don't care how many times she wears it! As long as she feels good and is comfortable she will look great. And yes, I would love to see the brown skirt again. :flowers:

Feeling good and looking great are inextricably intertwined as you can't have one without the other! :nonono:

I agree chuchu :lol:
She has wear this dress three times in the same event, not three times each month ...
Any other woman would have loved to wear a new dress, she decided to repeat the same dress again. This is a test of what REALLY are the priorities of Princess Letizia.​

I agree chuchu :lol:
She has wear this dress three times in the same event, not three times each month ...
Any other woman would have loved to wear a new dress, she decided to repeat the same dress again. This is a test of what REALLY are the priorities of Princess Letizia.​
It is not a heroic deed to repeat the same outfit. It says nothing about Crown Princess Letizia's priorities. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark wears the same court dress for the third time in a row (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=875765&postcount=466) Does it make her heroic? No. It is all right to recycle the clothes for royal ladies nowadays. Crown Princess Letizia is nothing special in this respect.

Yes,the skirt is really beautiful.So,what do you think is the color of the outfit?Grey or golden?I'm a little bit confused by the photos.

Yes,the skirt is really beautiful.So,what do you think is the color of the outfit?Grey or golden?I'm a little bit confused by the photos.

there is some green tones in the jacket and skirt - it is an unusual shade

It seems to have both green and gold tones to it. I like this color. It is very different.

I can see the golden tone,but green?I thought it can also look like grey-silver apart from golden.What do you think?

I agree that her red and gold/green/grey outfits looks great.

Imagine colours combinations of red jacket or skirt?

I wonder is this gold/green/grey is a skirt or a gown? If a gown she could wear it sometimes without jacket...

The thing I like most is than one cannot see the ugly shoes :whistling:

Recycling is a good thing, but one should not wear the same outfit each year at the same event, and it doesn't matter if you are Queen Margrethe or Princess Letizia.
Having a "pool" of appropiate gowns for such occasions, and recyle every year a different one is the best IMO.
And the color isn't very flattering for Letizia.

The thing I like most is than one cannot see the ugly shoes :whistling:
I saw HQs and Letizia is wearing nice non-platform-heels :flowers:!!!!

I like the dress alot. It honestly belongs to my favourites worn by her.

I saw HQs and Letizia is wearing nice non-platform-heels :flowers:!!!!

I like the dress alot. It honestly belongs to my favourites worn by her.
Oh could you please put me in the right direction, I would love to see that photos!

Oh could you please put me in the right direction, I would love to see that photos!
Well actually this were some MQs posted in the Pascua Militar thread :D
Here's a (very) little impression of her shoes
(I'm trying to find another one... I saw them somewhere..)

http://i40.tinypic.com/15hmxc.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/o0p54.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/e9cade.jpg
(parts of Ipa and belga pics zoomed in)

You can see that she doesn't wear platforms. ;)
(I think I saw the pics at a board like this)

Last edited:
Thank you Your Majesty :flowers:
I think it's quite bitchy to wear the nice shoes under a very long gown (or in private :lol:), the shoes looks like what most of us would love to see with
a skirt.

Well, I really like this outfit, it suits her, and IMO, the golden-grey-green combination looks nice in her. And, in addition, she looks better than last year. But, this suit, three times in the same event?:eek:
I like when she recycles her best suits, but this is too much:nonono:

I like this suit on her.For me,it's a kind of green color.I don't matter if she recycles it but I also don't like the fact that she did it for the same event

I'm all for recycling clothes, but 3 times to the same event is a bit much! But at least she mixed up the skirt each time.

:ohmy: Did I just see a nice pair of high heels or my eyes are playing tricks??Hmmm,Jinigirl,it seems that someone found the right direction...it was about time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom