The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
It seems to me that Letizia has a really large collection of short evening dresses, more than any other crown princess, correct me if I an wrong, yet I see Mary, maxima having just as large casual or formal wear, yet less evening wear
I don't think Letizia has a larger collection of short evening dresses, but she did attend more evening events with cocktail dresses than the other CPsses.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I like the wide-leg pants on Letizia, so much better than the skinny-leg. Both jacket and pants are recycled. I think the pants were from Adolfo Dominguez, first worn to an opera with the Queen and Felipe in 2003.

http://i34.tinypic.com/242swmb.jpg
More pics: ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank

I thought that pants from 2003 were much skinnier than these ones? I may be wrong though...

I love this look overall (although to be honest the pants I could take or leave) I feel like we are seeing a whole new Letizia!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice outfit, although everything is recycled.
Diario de Navarra
Back view:
Zimbio
Old 10-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I like the wide-leg pants on Letizia, so much better than the skinny-leg. Both jacket and pants are recycled. I think the pants were from Adolfo Dominguez, first worn to an opera with the Queen and Felipe in 2003.

http://i34.tinypic.com/242swmb.jpg
I can't recall these pants, are they knew? The 2003 pants had a similar style but weren't shiny:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...F15-473372.jpg

I like the outfit a lot but wish Letizia had acutally recycled the 2003 pants as I am not a fan of the shiny style. The wide-leg pants look so much better than skinny pants and compared to the 2007 outifit (black skinny pants with Michael-Jackson-style jacket) 2008 is a winner.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Old 10-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice outfit! It suits her very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Back view:
Zimbio
..... though the pants seems to be a bit too tight, IMO!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like that shinny tinny troussers although I would prefer to see her in a beautiful dress, she has lots of beautiful dresses
Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think the shiny bootleg style trousers are new but the jacket and the blouse are recycled - im not sure whether the black velvet jacket and the satin trousers work

Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i think the shiny bootled style trousers are new but the jacket and the blouse are recycled - im npot sure whether the velvet jacket and the satin trousers work
The jacket is black? It's a repeat from El Prado Museum extension opening, there combined with a long black skirt, on Oct 30 2007 - Halloween, it clearly shows in the picture

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...na-prado3a.jpg
Old 10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Nobility

She looks gorgeous!!! I'm loving her curls. I like how she and Mary are in a curl phase with their hair.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The jacket is black? It's a repeat from El Prado Museum extension opening, there combined with a long black skirt, on Oct 30 2007 - Halloween, it clearly shows in the picture

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...na-prado3a.jpg

You misunderstood what i meant - i know that the velvet jacket is black and so are the satin trousers but what i was trying to explain is in my opinion combining the two different materials didnt quite work

Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
You misunderstood what i meant - i know that the velvet jacket is black adn so are the satin trousers but what i was trying to esplain is in my opinion combining the two different materials didnt quite work
Yes I did sorry I actually read "violet" instead of "velvet"

I agree non-shiny pants would have looked nicer with the jacket.

IMO the jacket looks great with jeans as we could see on Inaki's 40th birthday:
http://i31.tinypic.com/219wjk5.jpg
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the grey lace dress on Letizia. Queen's red suit looked familiar, might be a recycle.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/834...0A760B0D811297
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/834...0A760B0D811297
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/834...0A760B0D811297
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/834...4831B75F48EF45
Old 10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

This grey lace dress is gorgeus.
lne
Old 10-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Love the grey lace dress on Letizia. Queen's red suit looked familiar, might be a recycle.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/834...0A760B0D811297
The part that is shown on the picture is just awesome, great choice, I love the grey dress with the necklace. Good idea to cut the legs out ... as much as the dress is among the best ever, the shoes are probably the worst ever
Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This grey lace dress is gorgeus.
lne
I love the dress, but in this picture it makes Letizia's figure look rather strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmelade
The shoes are probably the worst ever
No way!
This shoes are really lovely!

I liked Letizia's outfit and make-up alot.. I just wish she did somethng better with her hair.
All in all she looked great.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perfectly ugly shoes , very weird kind of support in the bust area , but a most beautiful dress .
Old 10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Letizia seems to have her act together with her daytime hair-dos, but for evening events, she must be calling in a hairdresser who has absolutely no idea what he/she is doing.
Besides hideous hairdos, Letizia seems to have a gallon of hair-spray on her head and her hair ends up looking fried and dried out. That effect plus the awfull hairdo does do her or her evening outfits or tiaras (if she is wearing one) any justice.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that Letizia looks a little different, because she has gained a few kilos, she was much skinnier in July than now. That is clearly seen in many photos. She is so tiny that 2 or 3 kilos makes a big change.
I like her hairdo today, it goes very well with the dress.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I think that Letizia looks a little different, because she has gained a few kilos, she was much skinnier in July than now. That is clearly seen in many photos. She is so tiny that 2 or 3 kilos makes a big change.
You are so right....that's why, now more than ever, I am convinced that her nose operation (to help with the breathing) was the right decision. In hindsight, she probably should have it done sooner IMO.

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear, fashion