Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont l'ike the shoes but like her look, her hair do, very classy, simple, smart.... very Letizia

Another outfit thrown together that doesn't live up to the occasion - Letizia is shockingly underdressed compared to Sofia and Cristina (same goes for Elena by the way). Messy hair, ugly go-go platforms, she looks like she had 5 minutes to get dressed, grabbed something from the "evening" trunk and did a 5 second do-it-yourself hair pin-up. Sloppy!

Most guests dressed rather casually. It was Sofia's birthday concert, can you imagine Letizia was the one wearing a red dess ? :cool: Her hair was not messy, a style might not fit everyone's taste (esp. the side view).

http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-gd2/ef9ff0ea5728532f26c7ef0187b9c4e7.jpg

can you imagine Letizia was the one wearing a red dess ? :cool:
Yes I can.

I would have prefered her wearing a pretty dress instead of a rather casual outfit + sloppy hair.
Or at least it would have been nice to see her in a more elegant suit.

This dress would have been great for a concert.

Last edited:
If you look at pictures of Letizia before her wedding (e.g. Frederik and Mary's wedding) and see how she looks now, it's hard to believe it's the same woman. She used to dress drop dead gorgeous and now she looks like a mouse (imho ofcourse...:)).

I think black is really not Letizia´s colour...occasionally she manages to pull it off, but I think it´s a colour she should wear a lot less of.

Those shoes look like Louboutin rip-offs.I love blue on her!

i didn't think the outfit was that casual. it certainly looks more free-and-easy than other evening dresses, but it doesn't make her any less casual in my opinion... it's a perfectly appropriate evening outfit. the shoes are horrible though. the hairdo could do with a bit more attention. it looks as if she did it herself (which isn't a problem) and rushing.

i didn't think the outfit was that casual. it certainly looks more free-and-easy than other evening dresses, but it doesn't make her any less casual in my opinion... it's a perfectly appropriate evening outfit.

Agree. But I would have prefered her taking off the coat or having the coat buttoned (Queen Noor should have shown her how to wear a coat :cool:). Letizia seems to like those open jacket/coat 'sloppy' look, perhaps she thinks it's cool. I know older generation royals or even my mother would never wear clothes this way at a formal or semi-formal occasion.

Well, she has certainly looked far better on other occassions, but it could be a lot worse.

The coat did cover too much, but we have seen the skirt before so thats not a tragedy. I do wonder if it was too dark though, especially next to her dark blouse...
The shoes.... wont say more.
I feel that Letizia's hair let her down, there are many more flattering ways she could have worn it, but nevermind. It does look messy & quick.
The tights were a nice shade though - I like them.

Now that's more like it! If she had buttoned her coat it would have completed the funereal look with the unrelieved black leaching color from her face.

As for the hair, she looks fabulous when she styles a 1940's up-do as she did for Frederik and Mary's wedding. I think that may have been the style she was aiming for but, if you are going to wear an up-do you have to get it right, and while the back was great, the front and sides looked just plain awful.

As for the clompy platform shoes . . . enough already!

This dress of yesterday is very beautiful, I´ll never be bored with it.
A close-up:
Vanitatis

I like both of these dresses. The gold dress is very pretty, IMO.

She looks great in that white dress! Loving her look...but those shoes! Somebody please tell her to stop the insanity! LOL!

The dress is by Varela, as usual not well fitted and I don't like the shiny and cheap material. Furthermore, it looks much better with silvery accessoires (like the clutch) than gold therefore I find the earrings are quite a mismatch (although nice pieces), same goes for the ugly golden shoes. I am glad Letizia left her golden bracelets at home, they would have been another mismatch. The only thing I really like about Letizia's appreance is her hairdo, she looks great in Rita-Hayworth-style (as she did at the Danish wedding).

I really like this dress - certainly more than the first time she wore it.
The shoes (apart from the normal platform issue) were a good choice IMO. I feel that white or silver shoes would have been too garish, and these are a nice match to the sleeves. (And better than the first ones)
I love the texture & detailing in the dress. The cut isnt as figure-hugging around her middle as some/as it could be, but thats ok.
And I think that Letizia's hair was a million times better the second time - but I didnt especially like the cut in the first one, and thats the base for the styling, so she's already off to a better start!

:)

Centary celebratiposn of the British Trade of Commerce in Spain - 12th Nov Barcelona

Picture details

A repeat dress on its 3rd outing - first worn back in March (in Barcelona strangely!!- maybe it would have been better to recycle it elsewhere) and last worn for the dinner with Queen Rania in October

The dinner with Rania was the silver dress, this dress was worn on the occasion of dinner with the royals from Malaysia beginning of October. Letizia looked much better back then

ANP Beeldbank

Why? Because of the shoes. Decent black elegant highheels make the difference between looking elegant waist down (what was the case at the malaysian dinner) or looking like a stripper waist down (what was the case yesterday eve). It's a shame that the choice of shoes transform her evening wear into a cheap-looking nightmare.

Picture details

It's a shame that the choice of shoes transform her evening wear into a cheap-looking nightmare.

Picture details

That's quite an exaggeration. I doubt people there even paid attention to her black platform shoes which appeared quite discreet. Of course, if it's hot pink or red, it would be another story.

Guys,don't you think we are a little bit hard on her?She needs those heels to make her much taller than she is because of her husband.Perhaps she gains more confidence while wearing them.I respect that.

The dinner with Rania was the silver dress, this dress was worn on the occasion of dinner with the royals from Malaysia beginning of October. Letizia looked much better back then

ANP Beeldbank

Sorry - i feel so dumb :rolleyes: as i knew that

Agree about the shoes they were better during the Malaysian dinner than at last nights event

13/11 60th Birthday Prince Charles

Galerías de imágenes

Not much to see from the outfit, hope to see a full length later on, maybe on a group picture.

So far nice hair & make-up, recyled earrings.

13/11 60th Birthday Prince Charles

Galerías de imágenes

Not much to see from the outfit, hope to see a full length later on, maybe on a group picture.

So far nice hair & make-up, recyled earrings.
I saw pictures of that outfit at "Isifia" pictures.

She wore a new (!) blue dress that seemed to look really lovely:flowers: (and which was ruined by ugly blue Platforms... of course :D).

First small thumbnail
Fotobanka isifa image service

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom