The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Commoner

Thanks so much.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

All "Tiara Looks" we saw on Letizia so far:

Letizia's Tiara / State Dinner Looks

sources: Zimbio, Corbis, viewimages

Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
All "Tiara Looks" we saw on Letizia so far:

Letizia's Tiara / State Dinner Looks

sources: Zimbio, Corbis, viewimages
that's a great collection, thanks!

the first 2 occasions are missing though, the wedding and the first state visit after the wedding (peru)
Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
that's a great collection, thanks!

the first 2 occasions are missing though, the wedding and the first state visit after the wedding (peru)
I completely forgot about the State visit from peru. Thanks for letting me know, DoM. I will alter the collection.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I completely forgot about the State visit from peru. Thanks for letting me know, DoM. I will alter the collection.
it's the "forgotten" state visit, pics are hard to find. strange enough since it was the first state occasion after the wedding.

seegerpress has a gallery:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...a+peru&last=40#
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
it's the "forgotten" state visit, pics are hard to find. strange enough since it was the first state occasion after the wedding.

seegerpress has a gallery:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...a+peru&last=40#
Thanks for finding!
The collection is now updated!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
the gown / combination is a decent outfit for a state dinner. as donnaK said earlier, the dress is repeated, the skirt for the 3rd time and it's subject to discussion whether the top is repeated only for the second time (there are those who believe that the first time is a completely different top, not only an altered neckline):

yesterday:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...MP3rx/340x.jpg
1st outing, february 2006, russian state visit
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5678...CF19420219AD79
2nd outing, november 2007, romanian state visit
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7809...4831B75F48EF45
donnaK
Now I think they are different tops. It's not possible to alter an off-shoulder top to a normal V-neck, the colors look different too. Perhaps she got another top to go with the sash comfortably. I'm glad she didn't have the original top altered since I really like the original one. .
I have changed my mind too. Not sure about being able to alter the neckline but the colours are definitely not the same. But strange to own two such similar pieces! Maybe the first one caught moths and she needed a replacement. It's a piece that can be worn for the next 40 years, yes, but please give it a break now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
we are still waiting for the blue prince-charles-gown. with letizia's recycling habits it will pop up sooner or later.
donnaK
The one-shoulder gown probably looks odd with the sash. One-shoulder style is very in right now, hopefully she gets the chance to wear it soon. However I will not place my hope too high since it was from Varela.
Yes I was thinking the same, in addition to that a one-shoulder gown might be seen as "not suitable" as a state gown (the days of low necklines and wonderbra are long gone for Letizia) and apart from state occasions / dinners of honour for foreign dignitaries and the two occasions in January the SRF hardly uses long gowns / attends black tie events. Not more than one or two per year.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I found her stunning, don't know cause of make up or the color o the dress suits her (dark green)
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

How many times is she going to wear the first 2 outfits(the one with the green skirt and the black/white one)? God,we should all raise money for the poor SRF...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Regarding the black lace ensemble from a few threads back--the dress, jacket, etc... themselves are very attractive and I can find no flaw. The earrings are wonderful, fun, and elegant at the same time. However, that handbag is just too bright for the dress. Really, it's too busy with the simple lace of the gown and too bright against the black. Bad bag choice. As for her shoes, well, she wears horrid shoes. I know Felipe is tall--but find a better heel. Of course, Letizia could have bad or weak ankles and needs a chunkier heel. Bad sprains or breaks or fractures can forever alter your shoewear.

As for the gala gowns,I think she looks amazing in pics 7, 9, 12. The gowns are more sleek and she doesn't appear to drown in them. While 1-3 is a lovely gown in its own right, I think it along with 1 (Fuschia ballgown) were heavily influenced by Queen Sofia's style. They just don't suit her as well as the others. 12 (sleek red number) is ravishing and she looks amazing. Number 8, with the red top and the coppery-brown skirt is really beautiful--this is one time where she doesn't look swallowed up by a big skirt. The gown in pictures 4 and 5 (Black and white) does not do her justice; while sleek the cut makes her look stick-figurey. Perhaps with a sleep top like the one in 8 only in black would look better.

Tiara wise, I prefer the floral--but she wears that Prussian with great style.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

This green dress suits Letizia very well. This time she had a different purse than last time:
2007:
Getty
Monday:
Belga
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I´ve never seen before the last gown (the red one with the Prussian tiara), but it´s very beautiful! I think it´s my favourite one.
How many times has she wore it? Just one? IMO, it´s much more beautiful than the black-white one, which she repeats a lot!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I have changed my mind too. Not sure about being able to alter the neckline but the colours are definitely not the same. But strange to own two such similar pieces! Maybe the first one caught moths and she needed a replacement. It's a piece that can be worn for the next 40 years, yes, but please give it a break now.
She was 'criticized' wearing the sash the wrong way with the first top (Elena had done exactly the same before and nobody cared). Since the gown can be worn the next 40 years, she could always save the original top to wear at the occasions without the silly sashes.

Quote:
Yes I was thinking the same, in addition to that a one-shoulder gown might be seen as "not suitable" as a state gown (the days of low necklines and wonderbra are long gone for Letizia) and apart from state occasions / dinners of honour for foreign dignitaries and the two occasions in January the SRF hardly uses long gowns / attends black tie events. Not more than one or two per year.
The last 2 years, there were more occasions she wore long gowns without tiara or sash than with. Some foreign dignitaries were only in Spain for an official visit. She can wear that blue gown as long as the visitor is not the Saudi King. She recycled the pink layered skirt about 3 times the last 2 years.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This green dress suits Letizia very well. This time she had a different purse than last time:
2007:
Getty
Monday:
Belga
This green dress specially the top somehow remind me XVI century gowns.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

The green gown was tailored for the state visit of Vladimire Putin, it fits the Russsian scenes perfectly. The gown looked a bit boring for the Argentine visit. Cristina's outfit looked more fun, probably would have looked better on Letizia. However Letizia's hair and makeup were perfect. I'm surprised that the Prussian tiara looked better with the loose hair.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Jk3zrMLJsEp/Spanish+Royals+Host+Gala+Dinner+Honoring+Argentina/0WQzC4b8fKe
http://dagmarnat.smugmug.com/gallery...71213558_PkNdQ
Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Courtier

I am sorry for Letizia's fans, but really don't like that green skirt with that top, it looks like a bag,the skirt's meterial looks too cheap, and the shape doesn't flatter her skinny figure at all!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
The black dress is beautiful and suits her very well. I also like the purse and the hairdo.
Too bad those shoes.!
PIC
I hate to stir the pot on this, but I think that Letizia looks awful. This dress is better suited for summer. Her stick-thin arms and legs have an odd gray sheen and look like wax.
No stockings - in winter?
And the shoes? Another misstep.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I hate to stir the pot on this, but I think that Letizia looks awful. This dress is better suited for summer. Her stick-thin arms and legs have an odd gray sheen and look like wax.
I think that she has stockings. And her legs don´t look so thin to me.
Infanta Board/Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la RealezaHispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza
Old 02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I'm pretty sure she wore pantyhose, even the platform shoes didn't look bad this time IMO. She always has thin arms and legs, that's the way she looks, many would prefer her arms (rather toned) than bingo wings. Many models have very thin arms and legs too, it doesn't mean they can't wear sleeveless dresses .
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mxymd.jpg
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I'm pretty sure she wore pantyhose, even the platform shoes didn't look bad this time IMO. She always has thin arms and legs, that's the way she looks, many would prefer her arms (rather toned) than bingo wings. Many models have very thin arms and legs too, it doesn't mean they can't wear sleeveless dresses .
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mxymd.jpg
Letizia is not a model, she is a crown princess. In the summer with a tan this dress would look sensational on Letizia. In the winter, it looks out of place.
I presumed that she was not wearing pantyhose because the color of her legs matches her arms exactly. Sheer black pantyhose would have looked better.
These shoes without the platform would look great, but the platform looks awkward and cheapens the overall look of the outfit.

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear, fashion