The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Royal Highness

In my opinion,her appearances are getting worse during the last month.She seemed so plain and underdressed most of the times.And that blue blouse looked like a huge shopping bag on her...I know many of you will not agree,but when we come here to have a look at royals' outfits,I'm sure we expect more than this.I can see these clothes all the time worn by everyday women on the streets,so I would love to see Letizia dressed with more "royal-looking" outfits.Like Rania and Mary,for example.Personally,I never got disappointed by these 2 women.Letizia lately looks like she's completely lost.Let's hope that she keeps the best outfits for Christmas!!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
In my opinion,her appearances are getting worse during the last month.She seemed so plain and underdressed most of the times.And that blue blouse looked like a huge shopping bag on her...I know many of you will not agree,but when we come here to have a look at royals' outfits,I'm sure we expect more than this.I can see these clothes all the time worn by everyday women on the streets,so I would love to see Letizia dressed with more "royal-looking" outfits.Like Rania and Mary,for example.Personally,I never got disappointed by these 2 women.Letizia lately looks like she's completely lost.Let's hope that she keeps the best outfits for Christmas!!
According to articles in spanish newspapers (dont know how reliable they are), the SRF have to live with a tight budget next year, and princess Letizia and Queen Sofia have to replicate and recycle their clothes efficiently.
Monarqua Confidential
The budget of the SRF is about 8,9 million euros next year, the budget of the Dutch Royal House is 22 million euros, according to spanish newspapers. The government of Sweden just approved the budget for the Royal Family of Sweden, it is 10,5 million euros for next year.
I like the way princess Letizia dresses, and I dont think that she has been underdressed during her last engagements.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to articles in spanish newspapers (dont know how reliable they are), the SRF have to live with a tight budget next year, and princess Letizia and Queen Sofia have to replicate and recycle their clothes efficiently.

we've been through this a million times before, it's not a matter of money to dress classy or elegant, only look at other female members of the srf who are on the same budget. why letizia decides to go for the cheap and ordinary style, mostly by varela, we don't know. the one thing i know is that neither queen sofia nor the infantas, especially elena, would not even answer the door in letizia's clothes, no matter how tight the budget is.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, you must find out better information, the Infanta Elena was the one who took the Princess to the workshop of Varela... so...
Old 12-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Duke, you must find out better information, the Infanta Elena was the one who took the Princess to the workshop of Varela... so...
i wonder why since elena would never wear these clothes when on duty as infanta of spain.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Nobility

Letizia sometimes wears Zara, Sometimes Mango, Sometimes Varela or Caprile
often recycles her dresses, eveningwears, often wears several times sames clothes...
whatever, she is the most of the time very elegant, classy ....
don't need to spend so many money as some other princesses (for what? )
i fint this way to be very admirable, very inteligent
I admire this Woman
and i just want to add...that it's very difficult to seem classy or "princess" with "ordinary clothes" Princess Letizia Do
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I am surprised to learn that Infanta Elena introduced Crown Princess Letizia to Varela's workshop. I can not say that all Varela creations are inadequate. At the same time, some of them tend to lack polished execution and tailoring.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
i agree letizia has good tastes and needs to expand her horizons. she is not obligated to wear spain designers all the time. what about latino america designers.. like angel sanchez the clothes would rock everybody!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
we've been through this a million times before, it's not a matter of money to dress classy or elegant, only look at other female members of the srf who are on the same budget. why letizia decides to go for the cheap and ordinary style, mostly by varela, we don't know. the one thing i know is that neither queen sofia nor the infantas, especially elena, would not even answer the door in letizia's clothes, no matter how tight the budget is.
Letizia dressed better than Cristina in general. Sometimes Cristina wore better clothes, most of them were from Armani, at the big events. Elena without Jaime already went a level lower, look at her horrible grey suit at the last event :(. I'm afraid soon she will be back to square one without Jaime except for a closet full of Chanel bags.
You can't assume they are on the same budget, Sofia is obviously not by looking at her Valentino coutures simply.
I don't mind as much Letizia wearing Varela's suits or cocktail dresses (you can't have everything), but she should buy herself a few nice gala gowns by top designers (at least from Caprile). Her body shape hasn't changed much, won't likely change in the future, so nice gala gowns are a good investment in a long run, just ask Queen Sonja .
Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Could we please try to stay on topic guys?!
The keywords here are "Letizia" & "Eveningwear"...

Thanks,
RHoF Moderators
Old 12-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree. I liked her fashion sense better when we were first introduced to her and she wore alot of suits. They were simple but very elegant and sophisticated. It's nice to see her wear more dresses, but she is marking the mark quite often in my opinion. Her evening dress isn't always terrible these days, however. She's made a few good choices. But, her daytime clothing is really becoming awful. I don't know what is going on with her.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Summaries of 2008 clothing (Letizia's sections are first):

Troonopvolgers!: Overzicht 2008: Gala.
Troonopvolgers!: Overzicht 2008: Jurkjes. - Only some of these outfits belong in this thread, the link will also be posted in her daytime fashion thread - dont get confused
Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually think the new suits (with skirts) and coat dresses Varela made this fall/winter have been fairly decent. One area he should improve is the pantsuits. The pants were so badly made mostly. He certainly can take a page from Armani on how to make simple yet stylish pants.
Letizia's biggest problem for her daytime outfits IMO is that she had so few clothes for so many acts. She didn't seem to recycle any of the clothes before she got pregnant with Leonor. I think some old clothes were probably loaned to her by Varela and she no longer has them, but some other nice pieces from Armani and Adolfo Dominguez before the wedding were her own clothes, she should bring them out and recycle them.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Terugblik > Nieuwjaarsreceptie Letizia
14 Jan 2005
I loved Letizia's hairstyle that night and the red velvet skirt was a lovely choice for winter

Seeing this reminder makes me wonder what Letizia will wear to the 6 Jan parade and the reception later on in January

Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I loved Letizia's hairstyle that night and the red velvet skirt was a lovely choice for winter.
Loved her hairstlye, loved the style and colour of the ensemble, the shoes are to die for but, the jacket/top shoulder pads were OTT. They made it look like you could use her collar bones for coatrails!

Instead of making her look feminine it made her look overwhelmingly fragile!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Seeing this reminder makes me wonder what Letizia will wear to the 6 Jan parade and the reception later on in January
Odds are on that the green Caprile jacket will be repeated for the 3rd time, it seems it was designed for that event only Letizia attended Pascuar Militar only twice since her marriage, wearing the same jacket:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...g=letizia+2008

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...g=letizia+2005
Old 01-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Odds are on that the green Caprile jacket will be repeated for the 3rd time, it seems it was designed for that event only Letizia attended Pascuar Militar only twice since her marriage, wearing the same jacket:

I hope she wears the jacket again so we could read more amusing posts criticizing her for repeating.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Nice color.The skirt is wonderful.Her haidoo and make up are nice. We don't see entirely the shoes but at least it seems that they are more elegant than her usual platform shoes.I hope someone can post a better picture of the shoes.The jacket is absolutely ill tailored.The right side of the jacket seems to be taller than the left side.The neckline is too low and not well sewed.There are ugly creases in the left side of the neckline.May be the velvet used is too thick.There are different type of velvet and this one is more aquedate for cushion and home furnitures.Delicate embroidery or some other decoration would have hidden this imperfect neckline.I don't know who is the designer but the one who sewed this jacket looks like a beginner.The belt is ugly.I don't mind the material and color but the shape is not nice.I would have prefered something more simple for the belt
Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Personally Letizia looked far better in 2005 than in 2008 beacuse the green velvet skirt was a better choice as it made a nice contrast to the jacket. It is a shame we have never seen the velvet skirt repeated at any event - maybe this year we should see it with a different jacket
In 2008 the jacket and skirt combo didnt work for me beause it was all too much of one dull colour plus i wast keen on her hair that day she just looked swamped and drained

Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Personally Letizia looked far better in 2005 than in 2008 beacuse the green velvet skirt was a better choice as it made a nice contrast to the jacket. It is a shame we have never seen the velvet skirt repeated at any event - maybe this year we should see it with a different jacket
In 2008 the jacket and skirt combo didnt work for me beause it was all too much of one dull colour plus i wast keen on her hair that day she just looked swamped and drained
I agree, in 2005 she looked splendid, hair & outfit. Not only the skirt was worth repeating but also the jacket, although NOT at the same event. In 2008 I didn't like neither hair nor outfit, very dull and matronly.

Regarding the red combo as mentioned by PoE royals.web-log.nl: Terugblik > Nieuwjaarsreceptie Letizia these pictures are from the annual reception for foreign ambassadors in 2005. Letizia only attended this event twice, in 2005 and 2008 and strange enough, like at the annual Pascua Militar with the green Caprile jacket, she chose an almost similar outfit for both occasions.

In 2008 she also wore a red outfit, and, like in 2005 I did like the skirt but not the jacket, whilst the 2005 jacket had hideous shoulder pads and looked ill-fitted, the 2008 jacket looked incredibly matronly, hair was also much better in 2005.

Getty Images - Spanish Royals Host The Annual Foriegn Ambassadors Reception

Getty Images - Spanish Royals Host The Annual Foriegn Ambassadors Reception

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear, fashion