Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catango said:
Princess Letizia FOR SOME PEOPLE always goes wrong, no matter what she could be wearing, always there is something negative about her and her wardrobe.
Yes, for some people Letizia always goes wrong no matter what she wears.
And for some people Letizia always goes pefectly right no matter what she wears. :whistling:

from Royals:
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/19/prinses_letizia_en_felipe.jpg
I think she should keep the length of her hair like this. It suits her alot!

Really like her hair this way -- never liked the real straight style as it made her face look thinner especially when mid length. What I really love is her make-up application and her skin. Letizia and Mary, to me, have the skin that most women would love to achieve -- clear and smooth without looking white and pasty.

I like this blue blouse. The color is really pretty, and the style looks nice on Letizia, IMO. I don't care for her hair. The wave/curl is nice, but the overall look is a bit too-bouffant for my taste. I think it would have looked nicer if it wasn't styled in such a big way.

I love those colours but I agree that the shirt looks a bit too casual and it doesn't look nice on her shoulders!
I don't like the shoes!
The hairdo is a change, but I like Letizia better with her natural straight hair!
You can see all the details of her outfit here:
PHOTOS : Letizia d'Espagne, une nouvelle coiffure pour une vraie princesse...
giov,
I agree with you. The dark blue colour was nice, but there was something uncoordinated about the ensemble. Indeed, an off-shoulder blouse looked awkward on Crown Princess Letizia. Long soft curls suit Crown Princess Letizia perfectly. However, curls on shoulder-length hair clashed with the whole look in my opinion. A sleek straight hair would have been much better. Being not a fan of off-shoulder tops, I really like Queen Rania's photo in the above mentioned top and sleek long hair.

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Galerías de imágenes
i like this hair on Letizia
Letizia's hair has a natural wave in it anyway (just look at her mother and sister) so her straight hair can sometimes drain her

I noticed that Letizia's skirt seemed to be velvet which was a nice contrast to the silk material of the blouse

Letizia's hair is looking healthier and better nowadays -

Agree, that she looks great this time. All was good and fit.
You can wear the most fashionable and nice clothes but you should feel good in them too.

About her shoes. Other princesses mainly wear similar shoes to each other but Letizia is I think the only one who wear shoes like these.
So she is on some way unique.

Btw. why we doesn't talk about other royal shoes so much as about Letizia's?

Yes there are other princesses wearing shoes like the bulky ones CP Letizia wear (too often in my opinion), but they have legs to carry those shoes out lovely. Letizia does not. The shoes look directly hideous on her, because she is so bony and skinny and her legs seems like toothpicks, and it is enhanced by using those shoes.

She seems like a wonderful woman when smiling, very radiant and nice, but that is a seldom sight too unfortunately.

i prefer her hair straight. the new look is quite nice, the top suits her well. the shoes look a bit funny, though. i wish she could innovate a bit more on the shoe side!

I like the blouse, and I like the hair, but not together. It looks a bit poufy and overdone, IMO. The bigger hair with something sleeker, or that blouse with a nice updo, would look better.

I think that this is the 2nd time that Letizia has worn the top, isnt it?
Can anyone recall (or does anyone have pictures) of how she wore it last time?

I think that this is the 2nd time that Letizia has worn the top, isnt it?
Can anyone recall (or does anyone have pictures) of how she wore it last time?

This is the first time Letizia wear that top:rolleyes:

Yes there are other princesses wearing shoes like the bulky ones CP Letizia wear (too often in my opinion), but they have legs to carry those shoes out lovely. Letizia does not. The shoes look directly hideous on her, because she is so bony and skinny and her legs seems like toothpicks, and it is enhanced by using those shoes.

She seems like a wonderful woman when smiling, very radiant and nice, but that is a seldom sight too unfortunately.

Ouch! My legs seem like toothpicks too. We cannot ask for perfection. We have to deal with what we are born with.

We cannot ask for perfection. We have to deal with what we are born with.

yes but it remains our choice how to dress and usually people will stress the nice parts of their bodies and won't stress the not so nice parts. letizia has legs like toothpics, no big deal, but why she keeps wearing bulky shoes that even emphasise that body feature, make everyone look at her legs and think, omg how thin, remains her mystery.

she's a role model after all and emphasising thinness is not a good message these days. same goes for the blue blouse, showing off those bony collarbones with a shoulder free neckline.

yes but it remains our choice how to dress and usually people will stress the nice parts of their bodies and won't stress the not so nice parts. letizia has legs like toothpics, no big deal, but why she keeps wearing bulky shoes that even emphasise that body feature, make everyone look at her legs and think, omg how thin, remains her mystery.

she's a role model after all and emphasising thinness is not a good message these days. same goes for the blue blouse, showing off those bony collarbones with a shoulder free neckline.

She is thin and she is probably one of those people (I for one) who have a problem putting on weight. It is presumptuous to state that she is emphasizing her thinness.

It seems that her skinny legs are a big deal for many forum members - they are being commented on all the time. As I said, nobody is perfect.

This topic is reserved for discussing Letizia's clothes. So, can members please move on from the skinny legs debate, please?

Thanks.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Letizia wears platform shoes to gain a centimeter or two in height as she really is so very petite. It is unfortunate that if they are not worn with either trousers or a full-length evening gown they can look a little clompy on her tiny frame.

She has such a delicate, almost ethereal, look and it is easy for any strong colour or stlye of dress, shoes, bags etc. to overwhelm her and instead of enhancing her overall look, they become to focal point of her "look".

Proportionately, I think she is fairly well put together, and a good "clotheshorse" to boot. She doesn't get it right every time, but then again, who does!

In my opinion,her appearances are getting worse during the last month.She seemed so plain and underdressed most of the times.And that blue blouse looked like a huge shopping bag on her...I know many of you will not agree,but when we come here to have a look at royals' outfits,I'm sure we expect more than this.I can see these clothes all the time worn by everyday women on the streets,so I would love to see Letizia dressed with more "royal-looking" outfits.Like Rania and Mary,for example.Personally,I never got disappointed by these 2 women.Letizia lately looks like she's completely lost.Let's hope that she keeps the best outfits for Christmas!!

In my opinion,her appearances are getting worse during the last month.She seemed so plain and underdressed most of the times.And that blue blouse looked like a huge shopping bag on her...I know many of you will not agree,but when we come here to have a look at royals' outfits,I'm sure we expect more than this.I can see these clothes all the time worn by everyday women on the streets,so I would love to see Letizia dressed with more "royal-looking" outfits.Like Rania and Mary,for example.Personally,I never got disappointed by these 2 women.Letizia lately looks like she's completely lost.Let's hope that she keeps the best outfits for Christmas!!

According to articles in spanish newspapers (don´t know how reliable they are), the SRF have to live with a tight budget next year, and princess Letizia and Queen Sofia have to replicate and recycle their clothes efficiently.
Monarquía Confidential
The budget of the SRF is about 8,9 million euros next year, the budget of the Dutch Royal House is 22 million euros, according to spanish newspapers. The government of Sweden just approved the budget for the Royal Family of Sweden, it is 10,5 million euros for next year.
I like the way princess Letizia dresses, and I don´t think that she has been underdressed during her last engagements.

According to articles in spanish newspapers (don´t know how reliable they are), the SRF have to live with a tight budget next year, and princess Letizia and Queen Sofia have to replicate and recycle their clothes efficiently.

we've been through this a million times before, it's not a matter of money to dress classy or elegant, only look at other female members of the srf who are on the same budget. why letizia decides to go for the cheap and ordinary style, mostly by varela, we don't know. the one thing i know is that neither queen sofia nor the infantas, especially elena, would not even answer the door in letizia's clothes, no matter how tight the budget is.

Duke, you must find out better information, the Infanta Elena was the one who took the Princess to the workshop of Varela... so...

Duke, you must find out better information, the Infanta Elena was the one who took the Princess to the workshop of Varela... so...

i wonder why since elena would never wear these clothes when on duty as infanta of spain.

Letizia sometimes wears Zara, Sometimes Mango, Sometimes Varela or Caprile
often recycles her dresses, eveningwears, often wears several times sames clothes...
whatever, she is the most of the time very elegant, classy ....
don't need to spend so many money as some other princesses (for what? )
i fint this way to be very admirable, very inteligent
I admire this Woman
and i just want to add...that it's very difficult to seem classy or "princess" with "ordinary clothes" Princess Letizia Do ;)

I am surprised to learn that Infanta Elena introduced Crown Princess Letizia to Varela's workshop. I can not say that all Varela creations are inadequate. At the same time, some of them tend to lack polished execution and tailoring.

i agree letizia has good tastes and needs to expand her horizons. she is not obligated to wear spain designers all the time. what about latino america designers.. like angel sanchez the clothes would rock everybody!!!

we've been through this a million times before, it's not a matter of money to dress classy or elegant, only look at other female members of the srf who are on the same budget. why letizia decides to go for the cheap and ordinary style, mostly by varela, we don't know. the one thing i know is that neither queen sofia nor the infantas, especially elena, would not even answer the door in letizia's clothes, no matter how tight the budget is.

Letizia dressed better than Cristina in general. Sometimes Cristina wore better clothes, most of them were from Armani, at the big events. Elena without Jaime already went a level lower, look at her horrible grey suit at the last event :(. I'm afraid soon she will be back to square one without Jaime except for a closet full of Chanel bags.
You can't assume they are on the same budget, Sofia is obviously not by looking at her Valentino coutures simply.
I don't mind as much Letizia wearing Varela's suits or cocktail dresses (you can't have everything), but she should buy herself a few nice gala gowns by top designers (at least from Caprile). Her body shape hasn't changed much, won't likely change in the future, so nice gala gowns are a good investment in a long run, just ask Queen Sonja :lol:.

Could we please try to stay on topic guys?!
The keywords here are "Letizia" & "Eveningwear"...

Thanks,
RHoF Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom