The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Nobility

dont l'ike the shoes but like her look, her hair do, very classy, simple, smart.... very Letizia

Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another outfit thrown together that doesn't live up to the occasion - Letizia is shockingly underdressed compared to Sofia and Cristina (same goes for Elena by the way). Messy hair, ugly go-go platforms, she looks like she had 5 minutes to get dressed, grabbed something from the "evening" trunk and did a 5 second do-it-yourself hair pin-up. Sloppy!
Most guests dressed rather casually. It was Sofia's birthday concert, can you imagine Letizia was the one wearing a red dess ? Her hair was not messy, a style might not fit everyone's taste (esp. the side view).

http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...0187b9c4e7.jpg

Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
can you imagine Letizia was the one wearing a red dess ?
Yes I can.

I would have prefered her wearing a pretty dress instead of a rather casual outfit + sloppy hair.
Or at least it would have been nice to see her in a more elegant suit.

This dress would have been great for a concert.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Nobility

If you look at pictures of Letizia before her wedding (e.g. Frederik and Mary's wedding) and see how she looks now, it's hard to believe it's the same woman. She used to dress drop dead gorgeous and now she looks like a mouse (imho ofcourse...).
Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Moderator Emeritus

More pictures of the outfit (and hideous shoes)
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...04/letizia.jpg
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...a_in_black.jpg
Royals

Old 11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the skirt but I don't like the shoes.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Nobility

I think black is really not Letizia´s colour...occasionally she manages to pull it off, but I think it´s a colour she should wear a lot less of.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Those shoes look like Louboutin rip-offs.I love blue on her!

viva l'amour!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

i didn't think the outfit was that casual. it certainly looks more free-and-easy than other evening dresses, but it doesn't make her any less casual in my opinion... it's a perfectly appropriate evening outfit. the shoes are horrible though. the hairdo could do with a bit more attention. it looks as if she did it herself (which isn't a problem) and rushing.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i didn't think the outfit was that casual. it certainly looks more free-and-easy than other evening dresses, but it doesn't make her any less casual in my opinion... it's a perfectly appropriate evening outfit.
Agree. But I would have prefered her taking off the coat or having the coat buttoned (Queen Noor should have shown her how to wear a coat ). Letizia seems to like those open jacket/coat 'sloppy' look, perhaps she thinks it's cool. I know older generation royals or even my mother would never wear clothes this way at a formal or semi-formal occasion.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, she has certainly looked far better on other occassions, but it could be a lot worse.

The coat did cover too much, but we have seen the skirt before so thats not a tragedy. I do wonder if it was too dark though, especially next to her dark blouse...
The shoes.... wont say more.
I feel that Letizia's hair let her down, there are many more flattering ways she could have worn it, but nevermind. It does look messy & quick.
The tights were a nice shade though - I like them.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia in Alicante. A recycled dress from last year's PoA awards.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/556/img4204qz0.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8832/img4200wq5.jpg
Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that's more like it! If she had buttoned her coat it would have completed the funereal look with the unrelieved black leaching color from her face.

As for the hair, she looks fabulous when she styles a 1940's up-do as she did for Frederik and Mary's wedding. I think that may have been the style she was aiming for but, if you are going to wear an up-do you have to get it right, and while the back was great, the front and sides looked just plain awful.

As for the clompy platform shoes . . . enough already!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

This dress of yesterday is very beautiful, I´ll never be bored with it.
A close-up:
Vanitatis
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Felipe en Letizia bij prijsuitreiking.

Troonopvolgers!: Terugblik: Letizia op de vooravond van haar eigen huwelijk.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I like both of these dresses. The gold dress is very pretty, IMO.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Courtier

She looks great in that white dress! Loving her look...but those shoes! Somebody please tell her to stop the insanity! LOL!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD View Post
She looks great in that white dress! Loving her look...but those shoes! Somebody please tell her to stop the insanity! LOL!
The shoes look fine to me.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is by Varela, as usual not well fitted and I don't like the shiny and cheap material. Furthermore, it looks much better with silvery accessoires (like the clutch) than gold therefore I find the earrings are quite a mismatch (although nice pieces), same goes for the ugly golden shoes. I am glad Letizia left her golden bracelets at home, they would have been another mismatch. The only thing I really like about Letizia's appreance is her hairdo, she looks great in Rita-Hayworth-style (as she did at the Danish wedding).
Old 11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I really like this dress - certainly more than the first time she wore it.
The shoes (apart from the normal platform issue) were a good choice IMO. I feel that white or silver shoes would have been too garish, and these are a nice match to the sleeves. (And better than the first ones)
I love the texture & detailing in the dress. The cut isnt as figure-hugging around her middle as some/as it could be, but thats ok.
And I think that Letizia's hair was a million times better the second time - but I didnt especially like the cut in the first one, and thats the base for the styling, so she's already off to a better start!

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear, fashion