Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nouwrein

Nobility
City
Berlin
Country
Germany
Her gowns are truly stunning. I hope she continues in her glamour. I think that next to Queen Rania she is the most glamourous royal out there.

lucys said:
This piece was an absolute work of art. The bodice was magnificent.
I didn't like it at all. It looked like a curtain pattern.

And the guests were asked not to wear red. That was not very nice of Letizia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cissan said:
Letizia's dress was not red. A red dress means from top to bottom being red and there was not even a tiny similarity between her dress vs. Mary's.
I was wondering if the rumors of the guests being asked not to wear red was even true. If it was true, why didn't Spain do the same on the pre-wedding gala ? Letizia was wearing silver gown, so did Queen Rania of Jordan.

in fact rania's was white with sparkling diamonds in the neck...

carlota said:
Rania's dress looked silver to me, nothing like the white wedding dress.

Rania's dress

carlota said:
Well, I mentioned elsewhere in LTR that I read somewhere that the sparkling thing around Rania's neck was a diamond necklace and it was said it costs $25Million...But some members insisted that it is not a necklace but just was part of the design of the dress....

Now, Carlota how did you conclude that the sparkling thing is diamonds...did U read it somewhere or heard about it or what...I am interested to know to what extend this is true :innocent:

nouwrein said:
Hope to see more of CP Letizia'z elegant gala outfits.
To start off, here's her stunning piece worn in Denmark

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...rca_portada.jpg
lucys said:
This piece was an absolute work of art. The bodice was magnificent.
Cissan said:
It is expected that Spanish women wear red.. she looked great.. its a wonderful color on her.. and there was no mistaking that she was representing Spain that night .. and making her debut as well. I thought she looked spectactular.. and hope she makes some sweeping changes on the fashion scene which in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. I cant wait to see her maternaty fashions!.. and what ever happend to Fred and Mary they didnt show up at the wedding .. where are they?

Cissan said:

Cissan, is it just the print (pattern) that you don't like in the dress? or perhaps you also don't like the one who wear it. We are talking purely about the gala outfits here, at least you may like the cut of the dress because it is figure-flattering. Please don't bring up again the discssion about Mary and about Letizia not being nice for wearing red on that night.

And I don't think there was an order of any kind for the guests not to wear red on that night, at least we haven't read from official reports or reliable papers. Maybe you got that rumor from an anti-Letizia site.

Cissan said:
donnaK said:
Letizia's dress was not red. A red dress means from top to bottom being red and there was not even a tiny similarity between her dress vs. Mary's.
I was wondering if the rumors of the guests being asked not to wear red was even true. If it was true, why didn't Spain do the same on the pre-wedding gala ? Letizia was wearing silver gown, so did Queen Rania of Jordan.
yes, I agree with you donnaK.

And yet there's not much criticism on Rania who wore pure silver like the bride's.

Some answers to all of you.

I didn't like the pattern with those big flowers. It looked like a fabric you use for curtains or maybe a sofa.

I don't know if that's a rumour from an anti-Letizia sita. However, I haven't heard that Felipe and Letizia had the same restriction at their pre-wedding party. If they did, that was not nice of Rania either.

But, if it's true that Frederik and Mary had that restriction, it was not nice of Letizia to wear red. If you look at her, the dress definitely looks red to me, even thoug the top has some other colours. And I don't think she's expected to wear red just because she's spanish. What did queen Sofia wear? Red? I don't think so.

But since I'm not allowed to carry out that discussion I will leave you with my opinion that the top on the dress she wore at the pre-wedding gala was awful. (but I liked the dress she wore at the wedding, even though it was more Oscars than royal)

it's true... rania's was a silver gown.... i didn't remember clearly

i don't really have constance of how was made rania's necklake, but i'm pretty sure that are diamonds (and also... if it costed 25 million dollars...). however, i think it was only a part of the dress...

Cissan said:
I didn't like the pattern with those big flowers. It looked like a fabric you use for curtains or maybe a sofa.
Well there are tastes for everyone--I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks that Mary's natural prettiness and grace was ruined at the concert gala by the 50 thousand pounds of jewels she was wearing (yes, I know they are very important jewels and all, but I still think it was awful and too much).

I found the bodice to be an absolutely breathtaking work of craftsmanship and art. It was sewn and embroidered completly by hand, with twelve different silk threads and the design--which you found so distastful--was actually a homage to traditional falla dresses from Valencia. I believe her goal on her debut was to look very spanish and she looked precisely that. Which is I think in part why people in spain were thrilled with her appearance on both days.

I thought she looked amazing, and they as a couple looked very amazing.

That said, it doesn't mean you have to find the pattern attractive.

lucys said:
Well there are tastes for everyone--I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks that Mary's natural prettiness and grace was ruined at the concert gala by the 50 thousand pounds of jewels she was wearing (yes, I know they are very important jewels and all, but I still think it was awful and too much).

I found the bodice to be an absolutely breathtaking work of craftsmanship and art. It was sewn and embroidered completly by hand, with twelve different silk threads and the design--which you found so distastful--was actually a homage to traditional falla dresses from Valencia. I believe her goal on her debut was to look very spanish and she looked precisely that. Which is I think in part why people in spain were thrilled with her appearance on both days.

I thought she looked amazing, and they as a couple looked very amazing.

That said, it doesn't mean you have to find the pattern attractive.
Very well said Lucys :flower: I do like the figure-flattering cut of the dress. Ans yes, I thought the print of the upper part is very Spanish.

Here is the latest long gown of Letizia. A simple empire cut black gown with only a satin ribbon above the waist (and no other fuss), plus with that mantilla - its very regal.

nouwrein said:
I didn't notice the lace train (sp?) at the back of Letizia's dress until this picture was posted, I think it needn't have been added, but the rest of the dress looks amazing.
The other two dresses were nice imo, not too thrilled about the bodice of the first one but she looked very elegant in it. The red dress was more Oscar ( as Cissan said) but she also looked great in it. She seems to be able to carry evening gowns quite well despite her height.
:flower:

She looks so much better than at her wedding. She should have worn black on her wedding too. (Just kidding of course :p ) But it's definitely a better colour than white on her. And she looks good in mantilla, it makes her taller.

Letizia

I don't think the Princess of the Asturias insulted Mary in any way by wearing that dress. It was wonderful and very very Spanish. Spanish women do look amazing in red, red and black too. I always think of Spanish ladies in red...plus it wasn't all that red...it did have the wonderful top.

Also, I think Letizia would look fantastic in a strapless yellow gown.

Letizia's gala dresses

Here's a sum of Letizia's gala dresses:

1. Wedding of Letizia's cousin Abigaíl Rocasolano (Designer: Miguel Palacio);

2. At the prewedding concert in Denmark (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

3. Fred and Mary wedding (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

4. Her own prewedding dinner dress (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

5. Noor and Hamzah wedding (Designer: Felipe Varela);

6. Visiting the Pope (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

7. Dinner offered to the Peruvian President (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

8. Dinner offered by the President of Hungary (Designer: Felipe Varela);

9. Laura and Beltrán Gomez-Acebo wedding (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

10.Dinner offered to the President of Czech Republic (Designer: Felipe Varela);

11. At the Metropolitan Hall of New York, during the trip to USA (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

12. Dinner offered to the Latvian President (Designer: Lorenzo Caprile);

13. Prince of Asturias Awards (Designer: Felipe Varela);

14. Antonio Asensio Awards (Designer: Felipe Varela);

15. Mónica and Fernando Gomez-Acebo wedding (Designer: Felipe Varela).

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9,093
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6,344
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 718
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 10,295
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 6,304
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,610
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,294
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,302
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 912
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 824
Last edited:
Letizia's gala dresses

She is def the most elegant of all the crown princesses. I would love to raid her wardrobe. She gives Rania a run for her money

The last one, i hope find one full body.

i think rania is really really elegant (and that's difficult to defeat), but letizia has a good sense of style as well. although i didn't like some of her gala dresses, some of them are just splendid.

carlota said:
i think rania is really really elegant (and that's difficult to defeat), but letizia has a good sense of style as well. although i didn't like some of her gala dresses, some of them are just splendid.
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Enough of this as this thread is for Letizia....

Last edited:
Napoleon said:
Is there actually any support for this particular outfit? I thought it was a shocker - the layers of ruffled pink silk or taffetta I thought were pretty horrendous and overtook her natural attractiveness. Seemed a little frou frou to me.
I actually really like the colour & the jacket. But I agree, the skirt is BAD!

Moon said:
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Enough of this as this thread is for Letizia....

well... i would like to say that:
- the king of spain, although he has not the financial power as abdulah of jordan, he has a lot of power in what politics concern in spain.
- i have been hearing that this year the money for letizia's dresses and gowns has increased a lot the amount of money destined for the royal house of spain.
- the royal house of spain isn't a rich monarchy compared to others in europe...

but i agree completely that rania's elegance isn't comendable....

Napoleon said:
Is there actually any support for this particular outfit? I thought it was a shocker - the layers of ruffled pink silk or taffetta I thought were pretty horrendous and overtook her natural attractiveness. Seemed a little frou frou to me.
I agree with you on that it was too much frou frou to my own taste. I think it was the worse one she's used till now, but then again I'm not Spanish and that skirt is very Spanish-like. The ruffles on the skirt remembers me of the Andalusian traditional dresses. Letizia is always trying to give some Spanish flavour to the outfits she uses on weddings... Infanta Elena also does that all the time (remember both the dress she used at the pre-wedding dinner and the outfit she used for the wedding ceremony?).

I actually liked the pick outfit she wore to the wedding, It was a change of seeing her always in red.It was a change.I thought ruffles wont actually suit her but it did and the color looked really nice.

This one was GREAT! I love it!
Letizia looked so classy and regal... a true queen-to-be!:)
Again by Lorenzo Caprile:

Is it a Caprile outfit? It sort of reminds me a little of the one for the preweddinag concert in DenmarkShe looked very elegant, one of her best.

From the reception to the diplomatic representatives in Spain (January, 13th 2005). A two pieces signed by Lorenzo Caprile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom