Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia looked lovely today at the reception for diplomats with her red dress.
I think that she recycled the skirt from the same occasion 2005, but the top is new, and beautiful.
Photos from Hola:
The whole outfit
Close up
Close up

I was reading someweher the top isn't new either and that she wore it before.
maybe someone knows more.

The dress looks pretty! Red is really Letizia's color!
It suits her best! Good choice!

I like her reuse better than the original! She looks elegant and lovely. I just wish there was a tiara to make it even better...:king4:

She looked really good today with her red outfit!!!

I think the outfit is way too old for her though I think the details & neckline on the jacket are pretty. Id prefer this look to be in a different color and maybe wiith a younger twist to it. I think the whole velvet look is great for winter.

Red suits her really well yes but the outfit is horrible, is old fashion and really too old for her. Not a nice choice IMO.

I think this is a really nice outfit. I´ve noticed that Letizia seems to have a lot of two-piece outfits for her gala/formal outings that she mixes and matches, and I feel they don´t look as well put together as a one piece outfit (eg the white one she wore in, was it Denmark?), but this red one is definitely an exception. It´s true, red really is her colour.

I like the colour very much, the hair looks nice, great jewellery. I agree that it looks a bit matronly but as Letizia looks a lot older it's only consistent that she dresses a lot older. What bothers me more is that this is another case of inappropriate recycling, like at the pascua militar. Why recycle an outfit worn at a specific event three years ago for precisely the same event again. Hope that this does not mean that we will see Letizia in a green Caprile jacket and a red Caprile skirt at the pascua militar and the reception of the foreign ambassadors in the forthcoming years.

Red suits her really well yes but the outfit is horrible, is old fashion and really too old for her. Not a nice choice IMO.

I agree. The outfit itself is really beautiful. But, again this choice is too matronly for her. It's the cut of the jacket for me that makes it seem too old for her.

But, I agree that red is definitely her colour.

i noticed that Letizia has never recucled these dressess since she first wore them
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181267&d=1124224197
ImageShack - Hosting :: zzzzzn95xi.jpg

i wonder what she will wear this year on 6jan and is there going to be a diplomatic reception in 2008 - maybe new dresses or old ones ??
the red dress is right here so she did it...and its wonderful
Letizia looked lovely today at the reception for diplomats with her red dress.
I think that she recycled the skirt from the same occasion 2005, but the top is new, and beautiful.
Photos from Hola:
The whole outfit
Close up
Close up

Love that red on her, definitely her colour, and velvet is regal to see:wub:

Spain's Princess Letizia Ortiz stands prior to a supper in honour of Peruvian President Alan Garcia at the Royal Palace in Madrid, 21 January 2008.
(pictures originally posted by Lula)

A lovely teal short long sleeved dress with black lines of beads around the waist. A very flattering dress for Letizia.
Full View -- Side View -- Back View

i love that teal dress from the Peruvian dinner - something new for Letizia

I am not liking her hair cut, I think that's what makes her look old. Not the clothes.

Love the dress, hate the Shirley Temple curls.

29-01-2008 Madrid Princess Letizia pose for a picture before a lunch at the Royal palace in Madrid (PPE)

IMO, the suit is very pretty, liking the cut of the jacket and the skirt & the gold detailing trim. It suits her very well except the color which wash's her out & its not her age.

Close up -- Full Length View

She's been dress much too matronly lately.

29-01-2008 Madrid Princess Letizia pose for a picture before a lunch at the Royal palace in Madrid (PPE)

IMO, the suit is very pretty, liking the cut of the jacket and the skirt & the gold detailing trim. It suits her very well except the color which wash's her out & its not her age.

Close up -- Full Length View

boring!!:ermm:

Considering the visiting dignitary, the Yemini President, I would say it was very appropriate....

i think that that last suit was extremely elegant and suited Letizia the dove grey colour was beautiful and this style is something new with the grey pearl detail trim

The outfit looked fine. Especially the jacket! Really pretty!

Apart from that:
But I would definitely not call it "evening wear".
IMO, it would better fit into the "daytime fashion" thread.
At least that is not a kind of outfit I have in my mind when I think about evening wear.

i think that that last suit was extremely elegant and suited Letizia the dove grey colour was beautiful and this style is something new with the grey pearl detail trim
yes and the cut of the suit
make remember the first Letizia's style (neck of the suit) when she was journalist and few years after her wedding befor the style changement

shouldn't this thread be at the Royal House of Fashion forum? i'm not sure but there may already be a thread regarding royals' recycling of clothes.

shouldn't this thread be at the Royal House of Fashion forum? i'm not sure but there may already be a thread regarding royals' recycling of clothes.
Oh, is there? Sorry, I didn't know there is one already- because I don't go to the fashion thread often.

Last edited:
^ yes, nouwrein, you should have looked there first. i think the mods will do the move or merge once they see this thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom