The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Gentry

I have to agree with dazzling in the green, it was too much of a dress. Iīm not saying that the dress is ugly in any way, but in my opinion is just simply to much. It has a lot of embroidery in the top part of it and the green in the skirt is just simply too dark in my opinion. But in her defence I donīt like too much that kind of green, although I have read in other Spanish forums that they seem to think that way too.

In any way I believe the green dress is technically very well done, as all the Caprileīs ones.

The other one I donīt like, is one black Varela. I think, it is horrendous or it looks horrendous in her. She looks a widow in it. The dress was posted previously by Elsa M, in this thread previously.

Unfortunately, I belive people just simple focus in that red dress in Denmark, and I actually believe there are other dresses she has worn, that are very beautiful and actually more wearable.

These two Capriles were posted in these thread by Elsa M.

This Caprile is IMO gorgeous and very simple, and goes in almost any occasion as many times as you like as it is timeless. And unlike the black Varela, it does not make her look a widow.

This other Caprile may not be possible to reuse it in public acts, but itīs also timeless. You can reuse as many times as you like.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Crown Princess Letizia has some stunning creations, I love her evening and gala gowns.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

It's a little surprising that Letizia has never had to dress in gala wear while pregnant. Or am I missing a time when she did?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

Letizia definitively modern

dear olga7777,
what an exceptional coverage you have given us with that video of Princess
Letizia's wardrobe.I especially thank you and send my commendations.
Now if I were to paint an "official" portrait of Princess Letizia I would do so
in the timeless two piece red outfit with the thin brocade belt by Lorenzo Caprile
as worn by her for the diplomatic service reception on 13 January 2005.
I find the outfit definitively modern & somehow classic simultaneously.
It accentuates Letizia's innumerable
attributes and profound strengths of character upon intense scrutiny of
all aspects of the video portrait.
Thanks again olga.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

I think Letizia dresses really well. Her usual outfits are classy and simple and her gala dresses are always pretty, elegant and sophisticated but this dress below is in my opinion just horrible. It does nothing for her pretty figure, she seems lost in it. Red is Letizia's color but not even the color does anything for this dress.

Also, I don't think the hairdo in this occasion helped at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
From the reception to the diplomatic representatives in Spain (January, 13th 2005). A two pieces signed by Lorenzo Caprile:
Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I think the dress is really pretty I just don't think it quite works right for Letizia. I can picture Rania in this dress it seems more like it would flatter her better. Letizia has a petite body type and this dress is just a little overpowering for her.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Serene Highness

isnt rania and letizia the same size ? near enough?? ... but I do agree with you Aurora810 this out fit would suit rania bettter ! must say love the colour on Letizia
Old 04-08-2007, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

The big round neckline is not flattering, the top looks matron and old-fashioned. Rania's blue gown at the Spanish state visit is so much better. Nevertheless, the red color looks very pretty on Letizia.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

My problem with the dress is the shoulder pads! It is a bad habit that Letizia seems to like...

Old 04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
isnt rania and letizia the same size ? near enough?? ... but I do agree with you Aurora810 this out fit would suit rania bettter ! must say love the colour on Letizia
I would guess that both women would wear pratically the same size. However, I could be wrong about this but I think Rania has more height. I'm not sure but I would guess Rania to be taller than Letizia. I understand both wear heels but I think Letizia needs the heels more than Rania does. You know as far as the husbands of these two ladies goes(Felipe very tall and Abdullah not so tall).
Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Courtier

I love Letizia in red, I personally, JMO, think the colour suits her well.
The red dress that she wore to Fred and Mary's wedding was my all time favourite royal ball or gala gown. She looked radiant that day.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
I think she looked absolutely stunning in the red dress at the Danish Wedding with her eye candy Prince.

Picture from Getty:
IMO this is the most beautiful she has ever looked! The hair, the jewels, the shoes....there's nothing I would change. I think she was more beautiful here than on her wedding day.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I found some old images of Princess Letizia, from one of my favorite blogs, which shows a beautiful black top and embroidered skirt. Click here to see the images (scroll down until you see Letizia.)
Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The interview with the designer of Letizia's evening gowns, Lorenzo Caprile ("Diario de Mallorca"):

'Doņa Letizia es consciente de su estilo, siempre quiere ir correcta'

Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777 View Post

This other Caprile may not be possible to reuse it in public acts, but itīs also timeless. You can reuse as many times as you like.
I'm crazy for this ensemble... very trendy and classy... Such a beautiful woman our princess Lety!!!!

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
I found some old images of Princess Letizia, from one of my favorite blogs, which shows a beautiful black top and embroidered skirt. Click here to see the images (scroll down until you see Letizia.)
I thought it was a great skirt, loved the details but im not too sure about the top
Old 07-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Nobility

I always find letizia very well dressed the day with pretty suits , dresses etc...
and I'm often quite disappointed of her dresses and her hairstyles the evening ......for example the last time, preignant with her dress white and black ....and also at the dinner of official reception of her marriage (grey one).... and the long green evening dress for a dinner of official reception in favour of a Head of foreign State, (she wore the flowers tiara) Exceptly, the splendid red dress (the most beautiful one i have never seen in my life) for the wedding dinner of Princess Mary
and the stunning top and skirt she wore at Laura Ponte ceremony wedding (but it was day gown)
I never was really agreeably surprised by these evening dresses or evening hairstyle
Old 07-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Aristocracy

The grey gown she wore at the pre-wedding dinner was beautiful. I like the red dress she wore during F&M's wedding: she was "guapa", but not regal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
I always find letizia very well dressed the day with pretty suits , dresses etc...
and I'm often quite disappointed of her dresses and her hairstyles the evening ......for example the last time, preignant with her dress white and black ....and also at the dinner of official reception of her marriage (grey one).... and the long green evening dress for a dinner of official reception in favour of a Head of foreign State, (she wore the flowers tiara) Exceptly, the splendid red dress (the most beautiful one i have never seen in my life) for the wedding dinner of Princess Mary
and the stunning top and skirt she wore at Laura Ponte ceremony wedding (but it was day gown)
I never was really agreeably surprised by these evening dresses or evening hairstyle
Old 07-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha View Post
The grey gown she wore at the pre-wedding dinner was beautiful. I like the red dress she wore during F&M's wedding: she was "guapa", but not regal.
The tiara was lacking as she wasn't a princess at that stage.

Question - does a gala dress always imply that it's long or can a gala dress be short? Is it always a question of protocol because at some occasions Felipe wears smoking / tuxedo and Letizia wears a short dress, on others a long dress?

When I look at Letizia's long gowns so far, the red one from Denmark sticks out, no question. Since then, maybe apart from the grey pre-wedding dress, they have been quite avarage, no stunner among them.

I hope she doesn't recyle this long black & white Caprile skirt anymore, three times is enough now, time for something new!

I had a look at the occasions she has worn a long dress so far (sorry no pics - maybe someone else can post?):

- Denmark gala eve
- Denmark wedding
- own pre-wedding gala eve
- her own wedding
- 5 State Dinners (Peru, Czech Republic, Latvia, Hungary (same pre-wedding dress, slightly changed), Russia)
- Caprile skirt at 3 occasions (NY, Luxembourg, gala eve for portoguese president)
- Pascua Militar 2005
- Reception of Foreign Ambassadors 2005
- Mantilla with long dress / skirt on 3 occasions (2 speeches, at Vatican)

Not so much in 3 years, hopefully more to come!

If I missed an occasion, feel free to add
Old 07-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha View Post
i was talking about the beautiful completly red dress...not about the set Tob and red skirt

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear