The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

i think rania is really really elegant (and that's difficult to defeat), but letizia has a good sense of style as well. although i didn't like some of her gala dresses, some of them are just splendid.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i think rania is really really elegant (and that's difficult to defeat), but letizia has a good sense of style as well. although i didn't like some of her gala dresses, some of them are just splendid.
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Enough of this as this thread is for Letizia....

Old 12-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Commoner

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Is there actually any support for this particular outfit? I thought it was a shocker - the layers of ruffled pink silk or taffetta I thought were pretty horrendous and overtook her natural attractiveness. Seemed a little frou frou to me.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon
Is there actually any support for this particular outfit? I thought it was a shocker - the layers of ruffled pink silk or taffetta I thought were pretty horrendous and overtook her natural attractiveness. Seemed a little frou frou to me.
I actually really like the colour & the jacket. But I agree, the skirt is BAD!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Rania is elegant, this is really true..but her elegance is at the expenses of the people of jordan (jordan is with no good resources, is in unstable region and is poor). So, her elegance does not have a meaning for me at least..It is a selfish elegance that has some ethical implications WHEREAS Letizia, she is dressed within the money allocated to her. She can't go beyond that as Spain is more democratic country than Jordan and her spending is more audited than the one of Rania. the king in jordan has absolute power not like the king in spain..and this has alot of implications in terms of money allocations and how this money is monitered

===> Although Rania is really elegant, I am not impressed by elegance when it is at the expense of others. One can't just enjoy the style and elegance of queens/kings & princesses/princes without the full picture...

Enough of this as this thread is for Letizia....
well... i would like to say that:
- the king of spain, although he has not the financial power as abdulah of jordan, he has a lot of power in what politics concern in spain.
- i have been hearing that this year the money for letizia's dresses and gowns has increased a lot the amount of money destined for the royal house of spain.
- the royal house of spain isn't a rich monarchy compared to others in europe...

but i agree completely that rania's elegance isn't comendable....
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon
I agree with you on that it was too much frou frou to my own taste. I think it was the worse one she's used till now, but then again I'm not Spanish and that skirt is very Spanish-like. The ruffles on the skirt remembers me of the Andalusian traditional dresses. Letizia is always trying to give some Spanish flavour to the outfits she uses on weddings... Infanta Elena also does that all the time (remember both the dress she used at the pre-wedding dinner and the outfit she used for the wedding ceremony?).
Old 12-21-2004, 03:56 AM
Nobility

I actually liked the pick outfit she wore to the wedding, It was a change of seeing her always in red.It was a change.I thought ruffles wont actually suit her but it did and the color looked really nice.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This one was GREAT! I love it!
Letizia looked so classy and regal... a true queen-to-be!:)
Again by Lorenzo Caprile:

Old 01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it a Caprile outfit? It sort of reminds me a little of the one for the preweddinag concert in DenmarkShe looked very elegant, one of her best.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From the reception to the diplomatic representatives in Spain (January, 13th 2005). A two pieces signed by Lorenzo Caprile:

Old 01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Smile

She is lovely but she looks awfully thin to me in those pictures taken at the reception for the foreign ambassdors. :( The gown is very pretty but it seems to be hanging off of her ever so slightly. She looked a lot healthier at the El Mundo newspaper meet and greet. She's the same size in both I know :p but she looked thinner at the reception.

That's just an opinion. I really like her and I think she's gorgeous!
Old 01-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

I belive this miss in this gallery. iI hope some1 have a better pics, because i can not find.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
I hope some1 have a better pics, because i can not find.
Here's a couple of better photos, from ImagineScandinavia:

By the way, we were also missing both the smokings Letizia wore:

1. at the Opera, before marriage (this one is signed by Adolfo Dominguez);2. at the prize-giving ceremony of the Chamber of Trade of Manresa.

(Photos from Terra and ImagineScandinavia)
Old 01-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

For those who can read Spanish, here's an article about Lorenzo Caprille's creations:
http://mujer.terra.es/muj/articulo/html/mu29130.htm

Some other articles about Caprile's designs:

http://canales.elcomerciodigital.com/extras/bodareal/lanovia_040514_1.htm

http://canales.elcomerciodigital.com/extras/bodareal/lanovia_040514.htm

http://canales.elcomerciodigital.com/extras/bodareal/lanovia_040515.htm

A clothes shop in Zaragoza has decided to "clon" Letizia's most unforgetable dresses.
In the photos, we can see Letizia's engagement suit, her pre-wedding dinner dress and also both pre-wedding concert and wedding ceremony in Denmark, as well as both the dresses she wore at the Gómez-Acebo's weddings.
Here's also a photo of the front door of the shop, in case you decide to go there... :p

Photos from Contrasphoto:

Old 01-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

She's thin to begin with, and getting thinner is not a good sign. Looking gaunt inspite of good facial features is never pretty. I hate to see the shoulder blades protruding. Women ought to have some fat not only for prop but for physical health. Also, why does she always wear red evening gowns? She looks alright in red, but just about every piece is red, who's that dull designer?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
For those who can read Spanish, here's an article about Lorenzo Caprille's creations:

http://mujer.terra.es/muj/articulo/html/mu29130.htm
Thank you for the link Elsa M., I truly enjoyed it. Do you know wether she has ever worn something designed by Manuel Mota or Miguel Palacio? Thanks. :)
Old 01-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, Blueice. Miguel Palacio was the designer who made the outfit she used to her cousin's wedding, as you can see in the photo I previously had posted. http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...a16_7.htm?r=dm

I'm not sure about Mota, but surely not at gala events.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes, Blueice. Miguel Palacio was the designer who made the outfit she used to her cousin's wedding, as you can see in the photo I previously had posted. http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...a16_7.htm?r=dm

I'm not sure about Mota, but surely not at gala events.
Thank you so much Elsa M. :). I was almost sure one of her outfits was designed by Miguel Palacio, yet I couldn't remember where I sow it. Thanks a lot, indeed - for the info and for the wonderful links! I love her sense of style - always classy, trendy, simple, decent, unpretentious and very chic. I love (moderate) minimalism in clothing since, to my opinion, it allows one's personality and attitude to be expressed and to make a statement. I am also a big fan of excellent tailoring, classic based - but chic and contemporary style which also presumes natural, quality materials, basic and neutral colors, excellent choice of accessories and flawless fit. All of this can be recognized in Letizia's style most of the time and I almost anxiously wait to see her next public appearance.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This one is a recycled version of Caprile's pre-wedding dinner dress:
(Photos from GettyImages and SeegerPress)

Old 02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

But a wonderful recicling. Like this vertion mucht more. I think the other very "old".
Thanks for the pics.

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear