The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Don't know what keeps going wrong with Letizia at these high profile events where all eyes are on the SRF. It would be the best opportunity to sparkle and do some advertisement in her own interest but instead Letizia presents herself in ill-fitted and matronly clothes and as a sad looking and overstrained woman, being labelled as "Tristeza Real" in the papers the next day. She looks like paralyzed by the significance of the institution, with tons of weight on her shoulders, especially around the statuesque and perfect Queen Sofia. Sorry but there is nothing regal about Letizia at such events, she has rather ordinarized the monarchy instead of providing the much needed popularity boost. No charisma, no royal appearance. One can only hope that Sofia and JC do a QE II and Duke of Edinburgh, reaching a working methusalem age as I don't see especially Letizia anywhere near prepared for the top job at this stage.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Don't know what keeps going wrong with Letizia at these high profile events where all eyes are on the SRF. It would be the best opportunity to sparkle and do some advertisement in her own interest but instead Letizia presents herself in ill-fitted and matronly clothes and as a sad looking and overstrained woman, being labelled as "Tristeza Real" in the papers the next day. She looks like paralyzed by the significance of the institution, with tons of weight on her shoulders, especially around the statuesque and perfect Queen Sofia. Sorry but there is nothing regal about Letizia at such events, she has rather ordinarized the monarchy instead of providing the much needed popularity boost. No charisma, no royal appearance. One can only hope that Sofia and JC do a QE II and Duke of Edinburgh, reaching a working methusalem age as I don't see especially Letizia anywhere near prepared for the top job at this stage.

Being a princess doesn't mean to be a FASHION ICON or try to be THE ULTIMATE CINDIRELLA, being a princess is being concious about her country, make her duties in the best way and represent what the country needs, this is the XXI century not the MIDDLE AGE, where being Regal AND pretend to be PERFECT WAS THE IMPORTANT, I think princess Letizia DOESN'T care about her cloth because she doesn't want to be reconize as a princess for HER WARDROBE, what happens with other princesses.
Princess Letizia wants to be reconize as a hard working princess, not for look like a Magazine cover.

I really admire her for this, she is sooooo down to earth, her Princess role hasn't made her loose her head.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What an exaggeration ! Which newspapers ???? Paloma B's website or a tabloid website, so it must be the Bible . For God's sake, she was listening to the speech. There were also pictures of other family members looking tense at times, nobody seems to care.
You put too much emphasis on the clothes, it really makes no sense. I bet the press would have more problems of Letizia wearing Valentino couture (as her mother-in-law) than her ordinary Varela clothes.
All the monarchies have been ordinarized conceptually because of royals marrying commoners, I doubt it has much to do with the clothes.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I beginning to believe some of you are in the wrong sub-forum.

For those who are having a serious dementia moment, may I remind you that this is the Royal House of Fashion sub-forum.

In depth analysis of Letizia's status to, for, and within the Spanish royal family and what the press and people think of as well journalist reactions about her should be discussed HERE!

Thank you
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
pictures of last nights dinner - wearing a lovely black dress
Galerías de imágenes
Galerías de imágenes
Galerías de imágenes
Has anyone any idea from which designer this dress can be?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Courtier

She looks great! Love the dress and the shoes are really cute...but just wish they weren't platform OR had such a thick heel...that last picture just looks strange!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximaiscool View Post
Has anyone any idea from which designer this dress can be?
I am not sure but the stylist should be Varela, a Spanish stylist.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia and Felipe attended 'Mingote' journalism award ceremony at Casa de ABC. Gorgeous blue dress.
Getty Images
Getty Images
Getty Images
Back view
Getty Images
Old 06-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

she really has some lovely cocktail dresses like this recent blue one, the black one and many others they are soem of the nicest clothes she owns and in the past week or so she has been spot on with her fashions

Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

What a vibrant, beautiful color!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

The blue dress and the black dress are examples of Letizia's best style, simple, flattering, elegant dresses. I have realized, though, that Letizia really looks her best with her hair up. It shows off her long neck and makes her look much more elegant. This new flipped-out style

Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

That blue cocktail dress is very pretty indeed and suits her tiny figure. Very stylish. Does anyone understand the dress code? Usually it's a long dress for ladies when the gentlemen wear black tie?

Re dress code, Cristina went in 2007 in a long dress
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
I think Elena went in earlier years in a long dress too but casa real doesn't have any events online before F & L wedding.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The blue dress is very pretty, its a shorter version of Mary's light blue dress worn to Joachim's wedding. The shade of blue "royal blue" is a perfect color for Letizia. The dress moves softly, I also like all the layers. A lovely dress for Letizia
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Nobility

I love that blue dress, it suits her very well. The shot from the backside however is shocking. You can see all her bones. Letizia dear, EAT something!!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
I love that blue dress, it suits her very well. The shot from the backside however is shocking. You can see all her bones. Letizia dear, EAT something!!

Darling, those aren't her bones, if you can see better, those are her muscles.

Please, cut off with the weigth issue.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia looked great last night!
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...81635733&cdi=0
Her dress is really beautiful, nice style and material, great colour and it suits her very well. I also like the jewels. One of her best outfits, IMO.
Fashionable and classy at the same time.
I like her hair too.
I only don't like the shoes, though their silver colour look great with that outfit.
I agree Letizia looks extremely thin from the back
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...81635773&cdi=0
though I have never been interested in this issue. Anyways, I agree she is very skinny, but she looks healthy to me!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you, giov. Princess Letizia looked absolutely superb. The colour and cut of the dress were a perfect choice.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I agree Letizia looks extremely thin from the back
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...81635773&cdi=0
though I have never been interested in this issue. Anyways, I agree she is very skinny, but she looks healthy to me!
Yes, she is super thin but this might be to her advantage. When she is middle age and her contemporaries have gotten thick around the middle, she will still have a slender figure.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That blue cocktail dress is very pretty indeed and suits her tiny figure. Very stylish. Does anyone understand the dress code? Usually it's a long dress for ladies when the gentlemen wear black tie?
The correct dress length for the black tie event is the one that sits just on the knee or any length below that. It's white tie that requires only long gowns.
Before it used to be that the ladies with a date for the evening or married women had to wear long gowns, while the ones available shorter ones, showing that they are happy to flirt. Nowadays it's much more relaxed and a dress which is not shorter than knee-length is acceptable option for any young woman regardless of marital status. Since Letizia is young, she is not committing a faux-pas by wearing a short dress.

I loved the dress on her. Bright, bold colours definitely suit her the most.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

These days even older women are wearing short dresses to a black tie event. Esperanza Aguirre sometimes wore clothes mostly for the teenagers.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Tags
crown princess letizia, eveningwear