Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answers. I didn't think a short dress was wrong just wanted to understand the background. There have been many events in the past where Felipe wore black tie and Letizia a long dress (New York October 2004, Prado Museum & American Commerce chamber last year, one or two this year), this ABC event is acutally an exception.

Recycled or not but it's good to see again some nice clothes.

I love that blue dress, it suits her very well. The shot from the backside however is shocking. You can see all her bones. Letizia dear, EAT something!!

Totally agree! That was my first reaction on seeing that photo of the back view - it's her spine. What muscle?
Almost painful to look at --- she is all skin and bones.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
15th June 2008 dinner for King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
a repeat skirt and blouse worn 3 times during Autumn of 2007 in various combinations

She seems to like wearing pink/red for the visits of the Saudi royals. I wore a hot pink jacket at the lunch with the Saudi King last year, a red suit with the Saudi CP. I think this skirt might go well with the white blouse (a bit too transparent for the dinner with the Saudi royals, perhaps for another occasion) she wore at the dinner with WA and Maxima.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/074icQo6Ea4CK/340x.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2629/williammaxima2oj2.jpg

Last edited:
Like the skirt a lot but overall too pink and the polo shirt option far too casual. She wore she same skirt on three other occasions already and my favourite is the combination elegant blouse / black belt. I agree with donnaK, a blouse in a different colour would have been a nice option.

September 2007 for dinner of honor with uruguayan president (with polo shirt)
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/news/20070918_Cena_Presidente_Uruguay-ides-idweb.html

October 2007 in Marocco (with a more elegant blouse)
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/new...instituto_cervantes_marrakech-ides-idweb.html

December 2007 for gala dinner at American Commerce Chamber (with the elegant blouse plus a black belt)

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/new...rio_camara_comercio_americana-ides-idweb.html

I am disappointed with Crown Princess Letizia's pink outfit. A rich cold hue of the pink colour became her perfectly. A frilly skirt was very Spanish and fitted her well. However, the top would look more appropriate on a school girl, I have to say.

I am disappointed with Crown Princess Letizia's pink outfit. A rich cold hue of the pink colour became her perfectly. A frilly skirt was very Spanish and fitted her well. However, the top would look more appropriate on a school girl, I have to say.

You took the words right out of my mouth, great color, but a strange choice for a blouse.

The dress per se is all right, but I do not like the colour of it at all. Right you are, Princess of Europe, noting that Crown Princess Letizia has showed a number of similar sleeveless dresses.

I really like the latest two dresses, both are very flattering IMO.
I am sick of the pink top however, it was said above that another would be better, and I agree - but I would suggest perhaps the white gala top with long sleeves or soemthing like that - what im suggesting is just something which looks a bit different from all the pink tops. Think it would perhaps even show the skirt off better to have a different colour on top.

I really like the latest two dresses, both are very flattering IMO.
I am sick of the pink top however, it was said above that another would be better, and I agree - but I would suggest perhaps the white gala top with long sleeves or soemthing like that - what im suggesting is just something which looks a bit different from all the pink tops. Think it would perhaps even show the skirt off better to have a different colour on top.
I also loved the green and the orange dress on Letizia. Wonderful on her shape.

I agree that her pink long skirt lovely but the pink top seemed to clash a bit in color. Was too close but did not match [without a belt to break up]. Some top altogether different in color [I believe] would have set the outfit off much better. This Royal couple seem to be having something to attend everyday lately -- so tiring -- they must get exhausted or weary.

The orange dress is beautiful. Fits perfectly & the flower on the side adds alot to the dress. Color is stunning & suits Letizia very well.

I like the whole outfit, even the shoes. Letizia looks happy, young, beautiful and sexy. It´s very warm in Mallorca now and this dress fits to the heat well.

I couldn't agree more, She looks ravishing, STUNNING:wub:

The dress is cute. I like the flower brooch, too. Maybe the dress is a little but too short; but since she is having holidays it's okay.

The Shoes are simply ugly.

It is not difficult for Letizia looks stunning. With a simple green dress or a simple black dress she is amazing. Her usual classical clothes do not let see her extraordinary natural beauty.
I love the shoes, these are very trendy and modern!

It is not difficult for Letizia looks stunning. With a simple green dress or a simple black dress she is amazing. Her usual classical clothes do not let see her extraordinary natural beauty.
I love the shoes, these are very trendy and modern!
Letizia is a ravishing looking woman, but I wouldn't drool that much over her "natrual" beauty, Yes Letizia is gorgeous, but is average looking when she is natrual, her stunigness is much due to her being meticulously taken care of, make up advisors etc., much which she had during her media days.

Letizia is a ravishing looking woman, but I wouldn't drool that much over her "natrual" beauty, Yes Letizia is gorgeous, but is average looking when she is natrual, her stunigness is much due to her being meticulously taken care of, make up advisors etc., much which she had during her media days.

I don't think so, among princesses she uses least make up than the others one.

Her make up is very natural, she has never used a heave make up.

Maybe that is the case of other princesses but what you say does not correspond with Princess Letizia. She has done neither surgery nor spent time in make up (her make up is quite natural), nor has advisors. She is a very natural woman and that is precisely why she has been criticized so often so I do not agree at all with you.

No No No No! After being spoilt with the green and orange dress this is a disaster, the shoes, sandals and all!:bang:
I really disagree -- vacation attire for awful hot weather -- nice

Oh, I don't know -- I believe she has natural beauty -- makeup can only do so much (unless in theater, TV or cinema) where one isn't within feet of face. If you have ever been to a gala award show, believe me you certainly can tell the difference.

Great outfit. Spunky, sexy and very flattering.

Maybe that is the case of other princesses but what you say does not correspond with Princess Letizia. She has done neither surgery nor spent time in make up (her make up is quite natural), nor has advisors. She is a very natural woman and that is precisely why she has been criticized so often so I do not agree at all with you.
Oh well, there is no accounting for tastes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom