Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 8: June 2009 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with dazzling about the necklace/belt - but I will say that without the interest factor that they both provide I dont think that the outfit would work as well. The pants are big and Letizia needed to 'balance' them.

3 out of 4 were from Varela, could just be loans to her. She might not have those clothes now. Other princesses, for example, Mathilde had so many clothes from Natan that only were only seen once or twice, never again, they could also be loans. Maxima wore clothes from foreign designers, I think she bought those clothes.

I didn't know designers do that...I mean, I know about jewelery, but not about clothing. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I like the outfit for today but I think she's a bit too thin to wear those pants.

But I'd like to see the shoes because they seem to be a bit weird!

I was thinking exactly the same...Those pants are huge for her, I like the color, but she is not risky...I mean, she always wears the same colors: black, white, grey and not too often, red.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree with Marmi and Dazzling about the necklace and belt. The outfit is very nice, and I think that it would have looked like less of a clash if the necklace didn't hang so close to the belt. A necklace that falls closer to the opening of the blouse would have been very pretty.

could just be loans to her.

Letizia has never worn again the two wonderful gowns that she wore in Danish Royal wedding. Both made by Caprile, the red gown and also the flower top with the red gown. For me both are the most beautiful dresses I ever saw in my life, of all over the world.

Why she never worn them since???:ohmy:

I do not think they were loans, they seem to be MADE for her.

I know which red gown you mean, she was stunning in it (can not remember the flower top, do you have a picture link ?).

My guess is that because the occasion was of historical importance she did not wear them again in public, perhaps she has privately though.

Does she still wear designs of Caprile, do you know? :flowers:

Letizia has never worn again the two wonderful gowns that she wore in Danish Royal wedding. Both made by Caprile, the red gown and also the flower top with the red gown. For me both are the most beautiful dresses I ever saw in my life, of all over the world.

I know which red gown you mean, she was stunning in it (can not remember the flower top, do you have a picture link ?).

My guess is that because the occasion was of historical importance she did not wear them again in public, perhaps she has privately though.

I have uploaded some pics for you

Marni has uploaded pics of the flower top dress.

Made by Caprile she wore the following :

- The two dresses we were talking before, for Pcs Mary's wedding
- The light grey dress with the swarovsky "tail", she wore on three occasions, i.e. her own wedding eve, another reception some yars ago, and recently on French President's visit. On each occasion she has modified the top of the dress.
- a wonderful black and white long skirt, embroidered and inspired by the vail of the Madonna of.... she also wore it some occasions, every time with different the top, but always white top.
- and finally, a dark green very heavily embroidered+perls top, and I think green skirt. first time she wore it when Pr. Putin visited Spain.

That is all, as far as I know

thx Marmi and fandesacs2003:flowers:

Will look the dresses mentioned underneath up

Marni has uploaded pics of the flower top dress.

Made by Caprile she wore the following :

- The two dresses we were talking before, for Pcs Mary's wedding
- The light grey dress with the swarovsky "tail", she wore on three occasions, i.e. her own wedding eve, another reception some yars ago, and recently on French President's visit. On each occasion she has modified the top of the dress.
- a wonderful black and white long skirt, embroidered and inspired by the vail of the Madonna of.... she also wore it some occasions, every time with different the top, but always white top.
- and finally, a dark green very heavily embroidered+perls top, and I think green skirt. first time she wore it when Pr. Putin visited Spain.

That is all, as far as I know

She did recycle the red skirt (but not the floral top) at one of the state dinners back in 2004.
You are right, the gowns made by Caprile were not loans, they were coutures (Caprile only made coutures) made for her. I don't think she will ever recycle the red dress because just like her engagment white pant suits from Armani, the red dress has become too well known to be recycled.

She bought new pieces from Caprile at the beginning of 2008, a grey suit and a black dress (for the King's 70th birthday dinner). I'm not sure her red gown at the Indian state visit was from Caprile or Varela. I always think the red gown was made for the French state visit, she had to do a swap at the last minute because it was the same color as her mom-in-law's new gown. Sequence Embroidery was very Indian style, was added to her old grey gown for the Indian state visit.

I have to say Letizia's fashion is not the best. Sometimes i think her stylist doesn't quite understands her body. She always seems a little bit akward. For example, what's going on with all those crazy shoes that really make nothing for her legs. She should not try to reach her husband. Leti c'omon!!! You are beautiful you do not neet to galm yourself so much and try to look like a fashionista. You are beautiful just the way you are, stop trying to fit in. (i hope she reads this)

I don't think Letizia has a stylist . I also don't think she is trying to be a fashionista if she were I think we would see more new and better outfits from her.

It is too bad as she used to dress so well. Always fashionable and regal befitting a CP. I wonder why she changed designers when Caprile did such beautiful pieces for her?

It is too bad as she used to dress so well. Always fashionable and regal befitting a CP. I wonder why she changed designers when Caprile did such beautiful pieces for her?

I agree. She always looked perfect those first few years. She very rarely missed. Now, to me anyway, she has more days where she doesn't hit the mark! There are times she is very much under dressed. Way too casual. It has nothing to do with being or not being a "fashionista."

I do not think she has a stylist, or if she had one, the stylist only submits ideas to her, but she applies her own style, she decides.

As regards the shoes, I agree, they do not fit to her. This kind of soooo high shoes could fit better to a very tall woman, like Elle Mac Pherson ... but not to a delicate stature like Letizia !!

Furthermore, it is impossible to become like Felipe... and do not forget that Felipe has loved her, as SHE IS and not 20cm taller!!

That's one of the nicer outfits. Blouse & necklace & colour of the trousers look good together, the trousers are too big though and if there weren't such huge beltloops the belt would be dispensable as the necklace is enough as accessory. Like the espandrillos!

Don't like the hair at all. In some pics it looks amost dirty, in general it's too long to leave it that unstyled.

Audiences 24/7

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/14727842.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/14726599.jpg

Repeat from June 2009
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20090603_corrida_beneficencia/20090603_corrida_beneficencia_1.jpg

I think the outfit looks better this time with flat shoes but is boring without the necklace that looked really nice the first time around.

Standing next to Felipe wit flat shoes is a killer and looks unfortunate in pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pants being so tight, sitting too low and being far too short is a killer too - results in all-wrong body proportions.
I have no idea why Letizia sometimes dresses against her whole body type instead of dressing FOR it.
The flats are better than the gladiator stilts worn to the bullfight with this suit, but they're not exactly pretty as far as flat shoes go. Quite bulky, and I dislike the growth of weeds on top.

It's amazing, when Letizia wears heels she's criticised as trying to compete with Felipe and when she chooses to wear flats, she's still criticised. Amazing.

I love the quirky sut she wore today, the cut was unusual and perfect for an event where they would be meeting younger people.

I like the outfit today! It's so much better with that shoes instead of the other ones she wore the last time! I think she's elegant!

I don't think she's ridiculous next to Felipe! she' not so petite: I would say that Felipe is really tall!lol and I prefer seeing her with that type of shes instead of those plateforms ones!

well we are allowed too I think.:flowers:

Even though I like her ballerina's/flat shoes, I also find that they have a very loose fit, like if she has been wearing them for ages and they have lost their shape.

It's amazing, when Letizia wears heels she's criticised as trying to compete with Felipe and
when she chooses to wear flats, she's still criticised. Amazing.
I love the quirky sut she wore today, the cut was unusual and perfect for an event where they would be meeting younger people.

I don't care for this suit with the short trousers. I can't tell if it is because the shoes she has paired with it look out of place, or if it is because of the length. The color is pretty, but it is a bit dark for summer.

I like this youthful suit a lot, it´s nicely cut. And nice to see Letizia in flat shoes for a change.
Hola!
Hola!

I like her todays outfit .
It's so difference to see her in normal shoes than normal on last months.

I'm not very fond of the outfit, but the shoes are really cute :flowers:
They're a nice change on her.

I love Letizia's shoes - they're really up to date and surprisingly without high heels! The outfit is nice too although it could be of a lighter color. All in all, I like her today! ;)

Her outfit is a little bit too small. But the colour suits her.

I adore the shoes and the suit is smart yet modern and perfect for the event.

It does amuse me that Letizia is heavily criticised for her platform shoes but as soon as she wears a pretty pair of ballerina pumps then she is also criticised - I know we are all entitled to our own opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom