The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Hola.com has a report about the shoestyle of Letizia.

Tras las huellas de doña Letizia
I hope this style goes away soon. She's so tiny, and this type of shoe doesn't look good. Seems to throw whatever she wears off balance.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitty View Post
One of favorites is the mulberry dress--I think she wore it when the French president and First Lady visited.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Letizia has never worn again the two wonderful gowns that she wore in Danish Royal wedding. Both made by Caprile, the red gown and also the flower top with the red gown. For me both are the most beautiful dresses I ever saw in my life, of all over the world.

Why she never worn them since???

I do not think they were loans, they seem to be MADE for her.
She did recycle the red skirt (but not the floral top) at one of the state dinners back in 2004.
You are right, the gowns made by Caprile were not loans, they were coutures (Caprile only made coutures) made for her. I don't think she will ever recycle the red dress because just like her engagment white pant suits from Armani, the red dress has become too well known to be recycled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
Does she still wear designs of Caprile, do you know?
She bought new pieces from Caprile at the beginning of 2008, a grey suit and a black dress (for the King's 70th birthday dinner). I'm not sure her red gown at the Indian state visit was from Caprile or Varela. I always think the red gown was made for the French state visit, she had to do a swap at the last minute because it was the same color as her mom-in-law's new gown. Sequence Embroidery was very Indian style, was added to her old grey gown for the Indian state visit.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute4U View Post
I have to say Letizia's fashion is not the best. Sometimes i think her stylist doesn't quite understands her body. She always seems a little bit akward. For example, what's going on with all those crazy shoes that really make nothing for her legs. She should not try to reach her husband. Leti c'omon!!! You are beautiful you do not neet to galm yourself so much and try to look like a fashionista. You are beautiful just the way you are, stop trying to fit in. (i hope she reads this)
I don't think Letizia has a stylist . I also don't think she is trying to be a fashionista if she were I think we would see more new and better outfits from her.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It is too bad as she used to dress so well. Always fashionable and regal befitting a CP. I wonder why she changed designers when Caprile did such beautiful pieces for her?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
It is too bad as she used to dress so well. Always fashionable and regal befitting a CP. I wonder why she changed designers when Caprile did such beautiful pieces for her?
I agree. She always looked perfect those first few years. She very rarely missed. Now, to me anyway, she has more days where she doesn't hit the mark! There are times she is very much under dressed. Way too casual. It has nothing to do with being or not being a "fashionista."
Old 07-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not think she has a stylist, or if she had one, the stylist only submits ideas to her, but she applies her own style, she decides.

As regards the shoes, I agree, they do not fit to her. This kind of soooo high shoes could fit better to a very tall woman, like Elle Mac Pherson ... but not to a delicate stature like Letizia !!

Furthermore, it is impossible to become like Felipe... and do not forget that Felipe has loved her, as SHE IS and not 20cm taller!!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
That's one of the nicer outfits. Blouse & necklace & colour of the trousers look good together, the trousers are too big though and if there weren't such huge beltloops the belt would be dispensable as the necklace is enough as accessory. Like the espandrillos!

Don't like the hair at all. In some pics it looks amost dirty, in general it's too long to leave it that unstyled.

Audiences 24/7

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/14727842.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/14726599.jpg

Repeat from June 2009
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20090603_corrida_beneficencia/20090603_corrida_beneficencia_1.jpg

I think the outfit looks better this time with flat shoes but is boring without the necklace that looked really nice the first time around.

Standing next to Felipe wit flat shoes is a killer and looks unfortunate in pictures.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

The pants being so tight, sitting too low and being far too short is a killer too - results in all-wrong body proportions.
I have no idea why Letizia sometimes dresses against her whole body type instead of dressing FOR it.
The flats are better than the gladiator stilts worn to the bullfight with this suit, but they're not exactly pretty as far as flat shoes go. Quite bulky, and I dislike the growth of weeds on top.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

It's amazing, when Letizia wears heels she's criticised as trying to compete with Felipe and when she chooses to wear flats, she's still criticised. Amazing.

I love the quirky sut she wore today, the cut was unusual and perfect for an event where they would be meeting younger people.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

I like the outfit today! It's so much better with that shoes instead of the other ones she wore the last time! I think she's elegant!

I don't think she's ridiculous next to Felipe! she' not so petite: I would say that Felipe is really tall!lol and I prefer seeing her with that type of shes instead of those plateforms ones!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 07-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

well we are allowed too I think.

Even though I like her ballerina's/flat shoes, I also find that they have a very loose fit, like if she has been wearing them for ages and they have lost their shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
It's amazing, when Letizia wears heels she's criticised as trying to compete with Felipe and
Quote:
when she chooses to wear flats, she's still criticised. Amazing.
I love the quirky sut she wore today, the cut was unusual and perfect for an event where they would be meeting younger people.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for this suit with the short trousers. I can't tell if it is because the shoes she has paired with it look out of place, or if it is because of the length. The color is pretty, but it is a bit dark for summer.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like this youthful suit a lot, its nicely cut. And nice to see Letizia in flat shoes for a change.
Hola!
Hola!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the cute shoes. Her hair looks very good today although I don't mind if she cuts another two inches.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/14727829.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/14727812.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/14727778.jpg

Felipe looks so cool with his left hand in the pocket (just as his daddy).
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/enima...a_dentor_g.jpg
Old 07-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her todays outfit .
It's so difference to see her in normal shoes than normal on last months.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm not very fond of the outfit, but the shoes are really cute
They're a nice change on her.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

I love Letizia's shoes - they're really up to date and surprisingly without high heels! The outfit is nice too although it could be of a lighter color. All in all, I like her today!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Her outfit is a little bit too small. But the colour suits her.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I adore the shoes and the suit is smart yet modern and perfect for the event.

It does amuse me that Letizia is heavily criticised for her platform shoes but as soon as she wears a pretty pair of ballerina pumps then she is also criticised - I know we are all entitled to our own opinions

Closed Thread