The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Is this skirt from Zara spring-summer collection?
I think it is the Mango collection and i think the shoes might be from there as well

Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I like the jacket and the skirt but not together, and the jacket is too casual for this event.
PIC
The shoes look so cheap and ugly (fake snake)!
PIC
IMO, this is one of her worst outfits!
Why did Letizia wear these stilettos??? In general they look too cheap.... This kind of shoes does't suit to her absolutely.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the jacket and skirt, but just like most of the other posters, I don't think that they look good paired together. I do admire the fact that she wears Spanish designers. I don't think it is so terrible that she wears Zara and Mango. It's great publicity for those stores, and it works well for engagements that aren't formal.

I really don't care for her shoes, though. They look too thick and clunky when worn by Letizia, who is a tiny person.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I like the jacket and the skirt but not together, and the jacket is too casual for this event.
PIC
The shoes look so cheap and ugly (fake snake)!
PIC
Giov, how can you tell if it is fake snake?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Those shoes are ugly, she should dress better, more classic style. She is a princess so she should dress according to her position and the event she's attending.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills View Post
more classic style.
Letizia's style was, for the most part, more "classic" earlier in her marriage.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
They are by Mango. I somehow doubt they sell real-snake skin shoes. ... but who knows..

Old 04-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Royal Highness

CP Letizia and Princess Leonor's, Princess Sofia's Daytime fashion
royals.web-log.nl: Spaanse royals bij Paasmis
Old 04-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
They are by Mango. I somehow doubt they sell real-snake skin shoes. ... but who knows..
Exactly Her Majesty! The cost of a similar pair of Mango shoes is 55 Euros. Obviously they are not made of real snake skin, not even real leather.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I have found Letizia's skirt in Mango shop here in Portugal price 40€ . I think it is lovely that Princess Letizia wears some Mango and Zara clothes, these are clothes that most everyone can use and buy and more these are Spanish brands and that is also very important for her!!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia attended today the Spain's Youth Volleyball Championships in Huelva:
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
A nice outfit, fits for the occasion.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It's very nice outfit. I love the scarf. The details of scarf look very pretty.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Nice outfit. I think, the leather jacket is repeat (Mallorca weekend, dont rember the year).
Old 04-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

http://i40.tinypic.com/abnj4m.jpg (2004)
http://i44.tinypic.com/309uckw.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/15zp09f.jpg
Old 04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like this outfit very much.Pink is my favourite colour and she is classic and elegant
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
We do not have a Mango store in my area so I do not know what their merchandise look like. I will be in Europe next week so I have to check out a Mango store.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Exactly Her Majesty! The cost of a similar pair of Mango shoes is 55 Euros. Obviously they are not made of real snake skin, not even real leather.
So if I understand it correctly, Mango is a low end store?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Letizia attended today the Spain's Youth Volleyball Championships in Huelva:
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
A nice outfit, fits for the occasion.
A casual outfit, according to the event, it´s quite good. I would have prefer it in another colour, though, maybe a brighter one. I think that these colours make her look a bit pale.

This is a really beautiful outfit

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

We have lots of Mango stores here in Portugal and lots more in Sapin, has it is a Spanish Brand. Some Mango clothes are made from a very cheap material, Mango and Zara are very most alike, we can find lovely clothes in Mango, lovely casual and daytime clothes, lovely tunics, skirts and shirts, all for daytime ocassion. We can also find some dress for special ocassions but most of them are bumpkin and very poor material that is why they are cheap. However I like to buy in Mango, I have jackets and some tunics and some knitt wear are lovely, but to me not the ideal clothes for Letizia to wear in a public apperance. For Mallorca holidays they are Ok, but not for a Zarzuela apperance.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks biboquinhas, it is great when people provide information like this for those of us who live in places where something is not familiar to us, in this case the two brands. It helps us to understand the discussion more fully, rather than completely guessing.