The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the first outfit. Nice colours.
The shoes are ok and I like the belt. The bag is nice but I don't like it with this outfit.
Jamd

Letizia looks nice also on the second event, but IMO those cheap Mango fake snake-skin shoes look terrible on an official event. They are ok for her private life, though they are still cheap quality shoes.
Belga
Belga

Old 05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

CP Letizia
14 May « Myroyal’s Blog

Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

It seams that Princess Letizia really is promoting Mango this spring/ summer collection. But the shoes are very uggly!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like the outfit Letizia wore yesterday in Pamplona very much, especially the jacket.
Back view:
Hola
Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I like the jacket, it´s lovely. But I prefer it with the pants she wore at Easter. The shoes are awful.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dislike the shoes too
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
The shoes are ok and I like the belt. The bag is nice but I don't like it with this outfit.
Jamd

Letizia looks nice also on the second event, but IMO those cheap Mango fake snake-skin shoes look terrible on an official event. They are ok for her private life, though they are still cheap quality shoes.
Belga
Belga
The first outfit is really nice, I like it a lot.
The second outfit...hmmm, it is nice as well, but again the overall look is totally ruined by wearing ugly and absolutely unflattering shoes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Jamd

Belga
Belga
Both outfits look nice. The first outfit look lovely. The belt & the shoes look lovely together. The second outfit looks lovely,too but the shoes are very ugly.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Nobility

OMG another ugly shoes on her large collection...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's a shame that "supporting Spanish fashion" in Letizia's case means promoting the collections of Varela and Mango as if she was the head of an advertising campaign who will get her wardrobe for free in return.

Instead she should wear a variety of suitable Spanish designers around, promoting spanish fashion in general. To single those out who make the best "buy 5 get 5 free" or "buy one colour and you'll get the other 4 as freebie" is cheap (and looks cheap).
Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia hasn't had many Varela's clothes for a while. Even the plum dress or brown dress could have been last year's. It seems her goal (or Zarzuela's goal) now is to promote Mango and Zara (the purple sandals looks like Zara's). Wearing Zara or Mango once a while is OK, but everyday a piece (clothes or shoes) is too much. It's not even summer yet, she is about the only one out there wearing sandals . Good for Zarzuela is that likely all the pieces from Zara or Mango's mass production are free .
Pee toe platforms have become really popular now. Two out of the three women accompanying her wore pee toe platforms .

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3...33008thmbg.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...538/9538-a.jpg
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

After all she could wore worst shoes than these...

Nice jacket and dress or skirt...
Old 05-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

She looks lovely~ I wish the summer will come soon and I can see her wearing more casual wears.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Gentry

Hubby?

I don't see her husband around. I always thought she saved these platform shoes to wear when she was with him. Is she branching out and wearing her platforms when he isn't around? Can anyone show me a time when she wore them without him around? Just curious
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Letizia hasn't had many Varela's clothes for a while. Even the plum dress or brown dress could have been last year's.
Yes seems that he ran out of favour. Maybe with all the pubicity he got he finally became bold and started charging more, a case of overestimationg his own capabilities

Quote:
It seems her goal (or Zarzuela's goal) now is to promote Mango and Zara (the purple sandals looks like Zara's). Wearing Zara or Mango once a while is OK, but everyday a piece (clothes or shoes) is too much. It's not even summer yet, she is about the only one out there wearing sandals . Good for Zarzuela is that likely all the pieces from Zara or Mango's mass production are free .
That's what I don't like - these days Letizia could almost wear a sign around her neck saying "Sponsored by Inditex / Amancio Ortega". There is no variation at all, leaving all other (even affordable) Spanish designers behind. Therefore it's not really about promoting Spanish fashion but about who offers the cheapest clothes. Would be ok if this was a general idea pursued by Zarzuela but as all other members continue to wear their quality clothing it seems to me that JC made the most of Letizia being center of attention and sold her off to an old buddy of his, Ortega, who is one of the richest people in Spain by the way
Old 05-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's what I don't like - these days Letizia could almost wear a sign around her neck saying "Sponsored by Inditex / Amancio Ortega". There is no variation at all, leaving all other (even affordable) Spanish designers behind. Therefore it's not really about promoting Spanish fashion but about who offers the cheapest clothes. Would be ok if this was a general idea pursued by Zarzuela but as all other members continue to wear their quality clothing it seems to me that JC made the most of Letizia being center of attention and sold her off to an old buddy of his, Ortega, who is one of the richest people in Spain by the way
Zara and Mango are 2 of Spain's biggest and best known brands internationally. They both have hundreds of stores across the globe and unfortunately have both been hit by the recession.

Therefore it makes perfect sense for her to wear their designs as not only is she promoting major Spanish brands, but she is also wearing clothing that cannot be deemed expensive or extravagant when many people are struggling.

I'm 99% sure that if any other princess had chosen to wear a similar brand eg. Victoria wearing H&M, they'd be praised to the skies for their cost-effectivess and down to earth nature.....
Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...n-letizia.html
Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I also aplaude her for wearing Mango and Zara clothes, but I also thinkt that she can be wearing some Adolfo Dominguez clothes that are really lovely, she could also wear some Armand Basi that has lovely dresses!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Majesty

adolfo dominguez is actually quite nice and professional. i also think she should wear more of him!

lovely ensemble for letizia in beige. the jacket looks quite similar to the one she wore when infanta leonor was born.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks elegant

Closed Thread