Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: April 2009 - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia hasn't had many Varela's clothes for a while. Even the plum dress or brown dress could have been last year's. It seems her goal (or Zarzuela's goal) now is to promote Mango and Zara (the purple sandals looks like Zara's). Wearing Zara or Mango once a while is OK, but everyday a piece (clothes or shoes) is too much. It's not even summer yet, she is about the only one out there wearing sandals :cool:. Good for Zarzuela is that likely all the pieces from Zara or Mango's mass production are free ;).
Pee toe platforms have become really popular now. Two out of the three women accompanying her wore pee toe platforms :lol:.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3186/ipa200905130133008thmbg.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...1/letizia/mayores/pamplona/0-9-538/9538-a.jpg

After all she could wore worst shoes than these...;)

Nice jacket and dress or skirt...

She looks lovely~ :rolleyes: I wish the summer will come soon and I can see her wearing more casual wears.

Hubby?

I don't see her husband around. I always thought she saved these platform shoes to wear when she was with him. Is she branching out and wearing her platforms when he isn't around? Can anyone show me a time when she wore them without him around? Just curious :lol:

Letizia hasn't had many Varela's clothes for a while. Even the plum dress or brown dress could have been last year's.

Yes seems that he ran out of favour. Maybe with all the pubicity he got he finally became bold and started charging more, a case of overestimationg his own capabilities :sleep:

It seems her goal (or Zarzuela's goal) now is to promote Mango and Zara (the purple sandals looks like Zara's). Wearing Zara or Mango once a while is OK, but everyday a piece (clothes or shoes) is too much. It's not even summer yet, she is about the only one out there wearing sandals :cool:. Good for Zarzuela is that likely all the pieces from Zara or Mango's mass production are free ;).
That's what I don't like - these days Letizia could almost wear a sign around her neck saying "Sponsored by Inditex / Amancio Ortega". There is no variation at all, leaving all other (even affordable) Spanish designers behind. Therefore it's not really about promoting Spanish fashion but about who offers the cheapest clothes. Would be ok if this was a general idea pursued by Zarzuela but as all other members continue to wear their quality clothing it seems to me that JC made the most of Letizia being center of attention and sold her off to an old buddy of his, Ortega, who is one of the richest people in Spain by the way :whistling:

That's what I don't like - these days Letizia could almost wear a sign around her neck saying "Sponsored by Inditex / Amancio Ortega". There is no variation at all, leaving all other (even affordable) Spanish designers behind. Therefore it's not really about promoting Spanish fashion but about who offers the cheapest clothes. Would be ok if this was a general idea pursued by Zarzuela but as all other members continue to wear their quality clothing it seems to me that JC made the most of Letizia being center of attention and sold her off to an old buddy of his, Ortega, who is one of the richest people in Spain by the way :whistling:
Zara and Mango are 2 of Spain's biggest and best known brands internationally. They both have hundreds of stores across the globe and unfortunately have both been hit by the recession.

Therefore it makes perfect sense for her to wear their designs as not only is she promoting major Spanish brands, but she is also wearing clothing that cannot be deemed expensive or extravagant when many people are struggling.

I'm 99% sure that if any other princess had chosen to wear a similar brand eg. Victoria wearing H&M, they'd be praised to the skies for their cost-effectivess and down to earth nature.....

I also aplaude her for wearing Mango and Zara clothes, but I also thinkt that she can be wearing some Adolfo Dominguez clothes that are really lovely, she could also wear some Armand Basi that has lovely dresses!

Todays skirt is lovely and very spring like - it looks better worn with the cardigan rather than the first appearance with the oversized sweater

Last edited:
Good grief!! I don't understand what she finds flattering about those shoes.... I love the skirt and the color of the cardigan but too much going on again. Letizia does not need the beads and the cardigan looked wonderful in it's simplicity the first time around. She should leave well enough alone, IMHO.

Okay. Enough about Letizia's shoes. Can we please give it a rest already? Thanks... we appreciate it.

GT
RHofF Mod

The great Spanish designers pay homage to Princess Letizia because she is "the best ambassadress of Spanish fashion". 14 designers have created 14 suits especially to Letizia, in occassion of her fifth wedding anniversary.
Article and video: Homenaje de los diseñadores españoles a la Princesa de Asturias - ABC2_Casas_Reales - ABC2 - ABC.es
Special article from Elle magazine:
Especial princesa Letizia - Especiales - Moda - Moda Primavera Moda Verano 2009

Wow! How lucky can one woman be. I cannot wait to see her wear all these new outfits. The only one I did not care for at all was the green colored coat. I love the pink gown and cannot wait to see her wearing it.

I love this skirt with that big blue swetter!!! The very first time we saw this skirt, that was the best look! Lovely indeed

Wow! How lucky can one woman be. I cannot wait to see her wear all these new outfits. The only one I did not care for at all was the green colored coat. I love the pink gown and cannot wait to see her wearing it.

Does she actually get to wear these outfits?

Moved a few posts discussing suggestions for Princess Letizia's fashion to the Fashion Suggestions for Princess Letizia thread

Thanks
Dazz :flowers:

Originally Posted by lula http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-january2009-19600-post930534.html#post930534
Prince and Princess preside a receipt in honor to the members of the CIO

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne...41449635_0.jpg
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/feed/d...880915eb3g.jpg

Repeat of the above dress, this time in full view:

Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Attend Caja Madrid Grants Ceremony at Real Academia de Bellas Artes on May 22, 2009 in Madrid, Spain.

Getty Images - Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Attend Caja Madrid Grants Ceremony

backside - not very flattering :ohmy:
Getty Images - Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Attend Caja Madrid Grants Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first sew this outfit I was "WOW" I must say that is such a beautiful yet really simple outfit. The colors are so fresh and love the deep purple on the bottom. I quite like the matching clutch and shoes. Letizia got 10/10 on this look :)

It is an original outfit,but I dislike the shoes

I quite like this outfit. She looks really pretty in purple, IMO. I also like the shoes and especially the purse. Really beautiful!:flowers:

satin is quite hard to pull off but i think this outfit suits Letizia and i particularly like the way the colours are combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom