Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can she walk with those kind of high wheels?They must be terribly unconfortable! I think that she wants to be high because of Prince Filipe...

http://i38.tinypic.com/16c800p.jpg

Looks like she is going to the supermarket in this photo

believe it or not she's visiting Inditex, one of the worlds largest fashion distributors, including formats like Zara & Massimo Dutti.

watching Letizia looking like a mess at such an occasion will maybe encourage those labels to keep sending clothes to Zarzuela for the Princess to wear, as an act of mercy ;)

Different pants and the last outfit would have been great. I'm not into the fitted trousers on her. I love the color and the big scarf. The previous outfit (gray suit with purple top) was lovely, great color and shape for her.

Looks like she is going to the supermarket in this photo, ill fitting pants and awfull coat and those shoes... what a mess. :nonono:

A mess, I disagree. I think, Letizia looked great. The mix-match of the jacket with the skinny pants with the printed scard all matched in a very fun way. Looks like a very stylish women in Vogue. I dont like the shoes but they do add such a fun style to the look:rolleyes:

believe it or not she's visiting Inditex, one of the worlds largest fashion distributors, including formats like Zara & Massimo Dutti.

watching Letizia looking like a mess at such an occasion will maybe encourage those labels to keep sending clothes to Zarzuela for the Princess to wear, as an act of mercy ;)

I thinking what Letizia wore to the place she was visiting was perfectly fine. The pieces were beautiful and matched well, whatelse would one wear to such a place:flowers:

A mess, I disagree. I think, Letizia looked great. The mix-match of the jacket with the skinny pants with the printed scard all matched in a very fun way

You really like the jacket? I thought the jacket ruined the look (not the shoes this time).
It looked like a cheap fisherman's raincoat. Imo it didn't match at all.
I liked her pants.

I like this classic outfit alot.

Last edited:
Purple is a good colour for Letizia but I really don't like the skinny trousers. Imo there are not many women who can wear those. You look either to fat or to skinny. To be honest Letizia looks a little bit ridiculous in those trousers

You really like the jacket? I thought the jacket ruined the look (not the shoes this time).
It looked like a cheap fisherman's raincoat. Imo it didn't match at all.
I liked her pants.

I like this classic outfit alot.

I completely agree. I thought the jacket ruined this outfit. It looked like it was made from a strange material, like the type of material used for rain tarps or tents.

I think she looks so trendy in the purple outfit she has the body for it, the trousers are fine, she can wear it her body is amazing.

i have mixed feelings about this one. it's obvious it was a more private visit and she wanted to "smart down" the look from the morning a little bit. i love the turtleneck and purple matching scarf, but the shoes are hideous, the trousers are ill fitting (someone needs to do something about the length! it looks like they didn't have time to cut them for her). the jacket is weird - looks very casual, but at the same time i don't find it inappropriate. the colour is quite difficult to pull off though. however, those sort of cuts are very much in fashion at the moment.

i have mixed feelings about this one. it's obvious it was a more private visit and she wanted to "smart down" the look from the morning a little bit. i love the turtleneck and purple matching scarf, but the shoes are hideous, the trousers are ill fitting (someone needs to do something about the length! it looks like they didn't have time to cut them for her). the jacket is weird - looks very casual, but at the same time i don't find it inappropriate. the colour is quite difficult to pull off though. however, those sort of cuts are very much in fashion at the moment.

I agree with you. I think she should wear boots, maybe even a pair of purple boots (she looked very good in yellow boots on Felipe's birthday after the engagement in Asturia), then it would be a complete trendy look. I wonder if those clothes were from Zara ;).

Carlota,
I am inclined to agree with your views on Crown Princess Letizia's outfit. Perhaps ... flaws of this casual ensemble were extra emphasized due to Crown Prince Felipe's official look.

Princess Letizia of Spain attends official audiences at Zarzuela Palace on December 04, 2008 in Madrid, Spain.
ZIMBIO

Letizia's outfit is a repeat, but it is nice and suits her very well. Also the shoes are nice today.

Princess Letizia of Spain attends official audiences at Zarzuela Palace on December 04, 2008 in Madrid, Spain.
ZIMBIO

Letizia's
outfit is a repeat, but it is nice and suits her very well. Also the shoes are nice today.
Yes, it´s a nice outfit, but she repeats it too much!!
I´ve already seen it three times, and I want to see new clothes...

How can she walk with those kind of high wheels?They must be terribly unconfortable! I think that she wants to be high because of Prince Filipe...
i don't mind high heels, but the shoes most of them they have this big platform, they look awfull, she has a complex about her height! i don't care her husband is so tall, it looks worst for me!

she is almost in public near her husband....
she is the most of the time among people , a lot of people ...she has to be seen by every one, by cameras, by photographs, if she is small and with "normal" shoes she would have to wear very flashy, shinny colors and/or big, very big hats like Queen Elizabeth ....to be seeing by people etc..to not beeing so small like litle girl near prince Felipe or the infantas ...

So I don't dilike her shoes, the most of the time i find them nice, sensual, "féminines"...nice colors, amazing forms....it's doesn't matter at all IMO ...

Every "small" ladies would like to be taller no ? platforms shoes exist...its fantastic !!!

I am too tired of that outfit :eek:

But I do really love her make-up lately, it is increadibly beautiful and natural. her face looks great :wub:

Colors work better than the platform shoes among the crowds unless the platforms can make you a head taller than most people, both men and women, like the Prince :). Letizia needs to wear more colors, mostly she wore black, white or grey, too monotone.
These days, young women wear platforms because it's in fashion, regardless height or social or economical status. The other day I saw LA's wife wearing a pair of red platforms and she is not small.
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...ta/06/163848-1-esl-ES/06_portrait_galeria.jpg
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...ta/04/163864-1-esl-ES/04_portrait_galeria.jpg

Colors work better than the platform shoes among the crowds unless the platforms can make you a head taller than most people, both men and women, like the Prince :). Letizia needs to wear more colors, mostly she wore black, white or grey, too monotone.
These days, young women wear platforms because it's in fashion, regardless height or social or economical status. The other day I saw LA's wife wearing a pair of red platforms and she is not small.
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...ta/06/163848-1-esl-ES/06_portrait_galeria.jpg
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...ta/04/163864-1-esl-ES/04_portrait_galeria.jpg

it's not about platforms in general although i believe that those are most suitable for YOUNG women (in their 20ies or early 30ies) as a fun thing to wear. apart from that, they are worn by celebrities. letizia fits in neither category as she's a princess who should not be associated with the boulevard society, actresses, socialites etc.

but the most striking argument against them is that those shoes do not suit letizia's tiny figure and skinny legs, she looks ridiculous in them instead of trendy and fashionable, as for example penelope cruz.

i agree about wearing colour, felipe looks boring anyway in his daily suit so letizia should splash some colour, even if only with accessories.

I don't know why but I like this look....yes, i don't find anything to tell against ...So what, she is thin, che can wear easily this kind of trousers....with this shoes is very fashion...
i think that the most of poeple would like this look if it come from Penelope Cruz, or Jlo or QRania...
but its from Princess Letizia...:nonono:
its very difficult to be elegant with casual outfit, Letizia is, as always ....

Yes, I agree Ikram,Letizia does not have to hide their slender and long legs IMO.
Regarding to the shoes, here in Spain it do not have been so criticized, in fact people will diminish the importance (perhaps because these are trend and people are not SHOCKED that a princess wear platform shoes). After all, here, a princess is a modern woman who works for her country and not a fairytales princess....
So platform shoes are entirely appropriate if Letizia likes IMO.​

I've noticed that the jacket that Letizia wore last 11 Nov. in an audience in Zarzuela is recycled, she wore it when she was pregnant with Sofia.
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Prince+Felipe+Princess+Letizia+Attend+Zarzuela+Fn4YC3HzF2Ul.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/11/14/letizia-embarazo/imgs/letizia-2a.jpg

but the most striking argument against them is that those shoes do not suit letizia's tiny figure and skinny legs, she looks ridiculous in them instead of trendy and fashionable, as for example penelope cruz.

i agree about wearing colour, felipe looks boring anyway in his daily suit so letizia should splash some colour, even if only with accessories.

I think Letizia and Penelope are similar in size. Platform shoes probably goes better with trendy and edgy clothes Penelope or other celebrities wore, than the conservative and boring suits or coat dress made by Varela.

I think Letizia and Penelope are similar in size. Platform shoes probably goes better with trendy and edgy clothes Penelope or other celebrities wore, than the conservative and boring suits or coat dress made by Varela.

both women have a very different body shape. penelope is much more "woman", fuller or curvier on the "right" spots, tiny but in no way skinny.

Back to Letizia:

Closing congress of voluntary work in Merida, Dec 5th

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...ntariado/20081205_congreso_voluntariado_3.jpg

Another exact repeat after only 7 days :rolleyes: (El Rastrillo visit last weekend).

I am surprised to see her repeating this so quickly, but perhaps she is trying to send a message about being responsible about clothing (not shopping excessively, etc).

Princess Letizia attend a ceremony marking the 30th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2008 (daylife)

Full View

Lovely suit, this is a great shade of red, not too bright. I like the match of the top underneth which is a recycled. I dont remember seeing this suit before, I quite like it.

Princess Letizia attend a ceremony marking the 30th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2008 (daylife)

Full View

Lovely suit, this is a great shade of red, not too bright. I like the match of the top underneth which is a recycled. I dont remember seeing this suit before, I quite like it.

Lovely outfit indeed!
This is the best color for Letizia, suit her perfectly. Like you say the shade of red is also nice.
The top underneth match very well with the red suit IMO, Letizia wore this top some months ago with a skirt with the same print and the red suit is new.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom