Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to part 4 of
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion
The previous can be found Here

Here are some important

TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
azile, kwanfan, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Last edited:
To suPeRgiRL!:

On the designer of Letizia's bamboo dress, I think the fabrics was from China (I saw similar prints before in China), likely a gift since both the Kings and the Princes had visited China not long ago. She probably had her designer made the dress to the style she liked, just as her red-white floral dress, the fabrics was a gift from the wife of the Chinese President.

Tanx for the info, donnaK.. I appreciate it..

LOVE the bamboo dress! Not liking the shoes though.

That is well spotted. I'm not overly fond of the top to be honest. Wearing it with white may have improved it, but only slightly in my book.
I'm also sick of the white jacket she seems to love. Oh well...

I do like the blouse, love the style with see-through sleeves in general. The trousers are a no-go though, did she get those from the salvation army store. Ugly shade of blue!

I like her outfit, it looks much better without the jacket.

I think that easter combination was the worse I have seen on Letizia. But the blouse is O.K but combine with that coat and those horrible shoes is the worse I have seen ever!

I don't like those dark colours in summer!
IMO, only the blouse is nice!
Ugly, cheap and broken grey shoes and ugly silver bag!

I don't like the blouse at all. It looks 2 or 3 sizes too big. Maybe she could have used a belt with it.. she has a nice figure, but this outfit makes her look like she tries to hide it.
On the other hand I think the pants are fine. ;)

I don't like the blouse at all. It looks 2 or 3 sizes too big. Maybe she could have used a belt with it.. she has a nice figure, but this outfit makes her look like she tries to hide it.
On the other hand I think the pants are fine. ;)
Everyone seems to have such different opinions on this one outfit -- makes me laugh, but that is because we all differ. I probably would hate what everyone on this forum is wearing at one time or another and you would hate mine. I think that the outfit is fine for the event but personally would have liked much tighter pants through behind and thighs with a thin blue belt to show off that figure.

The blouse is not bad, but the whole outfit is too dark, she should have worn her favourite white pants :).

Lovely outfit. She looked great.

I think it is ok to see Royals wearing clothes from time to time that I don't like. It makes me appreciate it even more when they really dress up. :flowers:

The blouse and the rest of the outfit os ok in my opinion. It is casual and one of those "not overdressed" moments.

The broken shoes - well it is a pair of the kind of shoes I don't like. I don't like how the front part of the foot looks like. It looks like the foot is huge from the wrist and to the toes. I've seen Letizia in several shoes like that during the last months.

But it is just my taste and my opinion, and nothing else! :)
Letizia look very radiant in several of the pics in this thread. She is really a beautiful woman when she smile. Well, she is beautiful even when having a serious look at her face. Lovely and elegang woman. :)

yes, the outfit is not among her best (the blouse reminds me of an old lady and the trousers are ill-fitting), but i think she is a beautiful lady, so she can afford to use 'not so nice clothes' and still manage to look great. some people really need nice clothes to look beautiful, elegant and sophisticated, but letizia can pull that off by herself.

I agree Laurentienne, when you see all the men in suit jackets the lady should be more dressed than pants and a tunic, Maybe a nice skirt and belt with the blouse would have been better in my opinion.

yes, the outfit is not among her best (the blouse reminds me of an old lady and the trousers are ill-fitting), but i think she is a beautiful lady, so she can afford to use 'not so nice clothes' and still manage to look great. some people really need nice clothes to look beautiful, elegant and sophisticated, but letizia can pull that off by herself.
You are correct -- Letizia can pull off looking rather lovely which has nothing at all to do with the clothes she is wearing. I think it has a lot to do at this point with happiness. Great isn't it!

Actually, I thought she looked great. Natural and not at all CPrincessy, which is something I have loathed since she got married and became the epitomy of the CP dress-up doll!

I love the relaxed way she seemed to move around. It reminded me of the relaxed confidence and style she exhibited when she attended Frekerik and Mary's wedding. We seem to be seeing it a little of it coming back and I am really happy for her because she never looked happier than she did back then.

As for the relaxed trousers etc? It looks like she is taking a leaf out of Queen Rania's book of style. Or more correctly entitled, "How Rania got her style back after she married her Prince!"

She looks really lovely! But I think jacket can be another color!

Why does she always recycle the most bland pieces of her wardrobe? I am so tired of seeing these white pants / Varela jacket combos. And if it has to be Varela, there should be still plenty of really pretty suits from the time before she became pregnant with Leonor but we've been here before many many times.

Why does she always recycle the most bland pieces of her wardrobe? I am so tired of seeing these white pants / Varela jacket combos. And if it has to be Varela, there should be still plenty of really pretty suits from the time before she became pregnant with Leonor but we've been here before many many times.

That puzzles me too. Where were those pretty suits she had before her first pregnancy ? If those were borrowed from Varela, then why did she buy the bland pieces and returned the nice pieces ?

Same old, same old peep-toe platform pumps -
What happend to the cute shoes she wore in Majorca?

I don't think she looks that boring. No, this isn't a bright, exciting outfit, but it does flatter her figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom