The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,693
Outfits Official Visit to Mexico:

Arrival - repeat from Leonor's first day of school. Nice & ok after such a long flight.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...4M4yV/340x.jpg
Reception at presidential residence - repeat from Expo opening in Zaragoza. Don't like skirt & jacket together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qP08sfi42TA/610x.jpg

I hope there are some new clothes and not only old, repeated stuff. An official visit is a good opportunity to dress up a bit.

Here is a reminder of their last Official Visit to Mexico in 2004 were we could see a self confident, beaming young woman with pretty, colourful clothes and chic hairstyles. Yes, Letizia made an effort back then but what remains nowadays is only a blah shadow of her former self.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
__________________

__________________
  #102  
Old 09-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,557
The welcoming Ceremony would have been a perfect occasion to wear a hat.
Is there a reason why the Spanish Royal Ladies (nearly) never wear hats?
__________________

__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



  #103  
Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Outfits Official Visit to Mexico:

Arrival - repeat from Leonor's first day of school. Nice & ok after such a long flight.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...4M4yV/340x.jpg
Reception at presidential residence - repeat from Expo opening in Zaragoza. Don't like skirt & jacket together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qP08sfi42TA/610x.jpg

I hope there are some new clothes and not only old, repeated stuff. An official visit is a good opportunity to dress up a bit.

Here is a reminder of their last Official Visit to Mexico in 2004 were we could see a self confident, beaming young woman with pretty, colourful clothes and chic hairstyles. Yes, Letizia made an effort back then but what remains nowadays is only a blah shadow of her former self.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España


Well, it is a official visit a proffesional visit, not a Runway show, that's nice of her she doesn't want to dress up too much just what it is necessary.
__________________
  #104  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The welcoming Ceremony would have been a perfect occasion to wear a hat.
Is there a reason why the Spanish Royal Ladies (nearly) never wear hats?
Is not a custom in Spain to wear hats.Anyway I do not know why but I do not like hats.
__________________
  #105  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,557
Thanks for the answer.
In my opinion hats make nearly every outfit look even more elegant.
I think Letizia has a very elegant style and some of her suits would look great with hats.
Like the current suit she wore for the welcoming ceremony .. I think it would look great with a hat piece or a hat.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



  #106  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,236
Wow Duke of Marmalade, I had never seen the photos of the first visit in Mexico, not yet a member of this country club, hehe. Letizia looked so beautiful and put together!
This is how I think Princesses should look. I live in Florida, if I want casual with not much thought put into it I can go to the mall!!!
__________________
  #107  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
Galerías de imágenes i like this combination of the ruffles - glad she repeated this outfit but my only criticism would be if it was in a nice bright colour
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

  #108  
Old 09-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
She usually buys new clothes for the new season. We will see new clothes for this coming fall/winter. I think Mexico City is a lot warmer than Madrid, in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit. On the other hand, I do think Zarzuela needs to give her more money to buy some new clothes for the special occasions, ex. official visits oversea. However there are 4 women in the house who need to buy lots of clothes, perhaps money is a little short. Spain has no law specifying how much money the crown prince couple should get as other European countries that heavily favors the crown prince couples over their siblings in terms of money allocation, Letizia is not the person to be blamed for not having new clothes for the official visits.
I'm more disappointed at her hair. Although Letizia probably combs her own hair better than lots of other royals, her hair was not being done professionally today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Thanks for the answer.
In my opinion hats make nearly every outfit look even more elegant.
I think Letizia has a very elegant style and some of her suits would look great with hats.
Like the current suit she wore for the welcoming ceremony .. I think it would look great with a hat piece or a hat.
Agree with you. Because Sofia doesn't like hats, all the other royal women in the house are following the great examples of the Queen, which isn't so great in this case IMO.
I think Letizia would look great with a pillar box since she has an angular face similar to Jackie's.
__________________
  #109  
Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,557
Quote:
Agree with you. Because Sofia doesn't like hats, all the other royal women in the house are following the great examples of the Queen, which isn't so great in this case IMO.
Oh really? That's too bad... I always thought it was a protocol-thingie or something.


I wonder if she still owns that beautiful yellow suit. (IBL)
I love it. It would be great to see her recycling it.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



  #110  
Old 09-29-2008, 05:54 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Oh really? That's too bad... I always thought it was a protocol-thingie or something.


I wonder if she still owns that beautiful yellow suit. (IBL)
I love it. It would be great to see her recycling it.

Would love to see Letizia in a hat but i guess we will have to wait for some foreign royal wedding say prince william

She has worn this beautiful yellow suit a few times - the last was when she was a few months pregnant with Leonor

A change of outfit on day one of Mexico trip in Morelia 29th Sept
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...BCf4h/610x.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/10565889.jpg
Letizia wearing one of her current favourite outfits
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

  #111  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Is not a custom in Spain to wear hats.Anyway I do not know why but I do not like hats.
Hats are no longer worn here in the States either except maybe the older women when they attend church services.
__________________
  #112  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
I really like this outfit. I know that it is a repeat, but she looks really chic in it.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...4M4yV/340x.jpg
__________________
  #113  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Thanks for the answer.
In my opinion hats make nearly every outfit look even more elegant.
welcoming ceremony .. I think it would look great with a hat piece or a hat.
I think so too.
__________________
  #114  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
marmi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -, New Zealand
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I hope there are some new clothes and not only old, repeated stuff. An official visit is a good opportunity to dress up a bit.

Yes I hope for new clothes too! And if not new, then at least something we havent seen in awhile - a la the yellow suit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She usually buys new clothes for the new season. We will see new clothes for this coming fall/winter. I think Mexico City is a lot warmer than Madrid, in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit.
Pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
A change of outfit on day one of Mexico trip in Morelia 29th Sept
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...BCf4h/610x.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/10565889.jpg
Letizia wearing one of her current favourite outfits
Challenge to Letizia: Retire this one for at least 6 months!
__________________
  #115  
Old 09-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
...in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit.
... there were no new clothes in Poland either. So far your worst fears have come true. Wow, this fake Chanel-style combo AGAIN. There is nothing wrong with recylcing clothes but why within such a short period of time and never mix and match. The jacket for example would look elegant with a skirt instead of these dreadful skinny pants. God, where have all those pretty suits gone? Even if Letizia has some lending agreements with Varela her wardrobe should consist of enough pieces by now to allow more chic combinations rather than wearing the same outfits all over again and again and again.

[/quote]

Quote:
On the other hand, I do think Zarzuela needs to give her more money to buy some new clothes for the special occasions, ex. official visits oversea.
However there are 4 women in the house who need to buy lots of clothes, perhaps money is a little short.
Sorry but I see only one who ranks above the Princess of Asturias and that is Queen Sofia. It's her perogative to make use of expensive designers and she does. Letizia should have similar rights and Elena and Cristina should pay their own clothes with their own money, keeping in mind how much they earn from their part time jobs - they can easily afford to wear designer whenever they want to without standing on JC's budget. There is something seriously wrong in the way of distributing the money. Seems it's Borbon first and then whoever married into the family instead of following the rank / number or importance of duties.
__________________
  #116  
Old 09-30-2008, 11:56 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,007
Yes indeed she recycle clothes too soon! She must have lots of beautiful older suits that she should recycle and let these ones in the wardrobe for some time!!!!!! The clothes Letizia has wore in leonor's first day of school should have been left in the wardrobe or maybe she could wear the same trousers and put a different blouse and a differente belt, that would make a big difference. And yes that fake chanel jacket is just horrible and she has wore it so many times, maybe with a skirt.... She looks bad in troussers because she is very tiny and she looks even more tiny.
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #117  
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
Mexico City 30th September 2008
http://i35.tinypic.com/107kgow.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/9tcosl.jpg
A repeat (3rd time?) of this lovely pink suit
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

  #118  
Old 09-30-2008, 03:38 PM
marmi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -, New Zealand
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Yes indeed she recycle clothes too soon! She must have lots of beautiful older suits that she should recycle and let these ones in the wardrobe for some time!!!!!!
Does she ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Mexico City 30th September 2008
http://i35.tinypic.com/107kgow.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/9tcosl.jpg
A repeat (3rd time?) of this lovely pink suit
At least the third time
Couldnt she add a diff pair of bottoms or switch the jacket?!
__________________
  #119  
Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
Change of outfit on day 2 (30/09/08) Mexico
Wearing a repeat black and white skirt and jacket combo (3rd rpeat of skirt, 2nd of white jacket?) - strange how she last wore this for an offical function during their visit to Poland in May!!

Picture details
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

  #120  
Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,095
Well at least it's not a repeat in Poland. Mexico is far away.....and it IS September. :)
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2011 - October 2011 iceflower Archives 394 10-28-2011 02:55 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011 JessRulz Archives 392 08-03-2011 03:57 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010 JessRulz Archives 397 10-19-2010 04:24 PM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2008 - February 2009 Mandy Archives 414 02-10-2009 03:10 PM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008 dazzling Archives 392 08-10-2008 06:26 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]