Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what was inappropriate with her outfit at the Beijing Olympics. It was a sporting event, the polo shirt she was wearing has Spain's colours. Combined with white pants, Letizia looked really sharp.
Incas, I think emmalisa was talking about Letzias face, not her sporty outfit at the Olympics, it was more than fine for that occasion.

Incas, I think emmalisa was talking about Letzias face, not her sporty outfit at the Olympics, it was more than fine for that occasion.
Oh, thanks. No wonder I wasn't following. :flowers:

It was about 15 degrees in the last weeks, I've been wearing a coat and boots most of the time

Is it that cold in Berlin already?
The day they were in Berlin it was about 12°c.
As I already said in the thread: I wouldn't have dared to leave home without wearing any stockings (like Letizia) that day. :lol:

The day they were in Berlin it was about 12°c.
As I already said in the thread: I wouldn't have dared to leave home without wearing any stockings (like Letizia) that day. :lol:
Her Majesty,

I will be n Berlin on November 1 - 11. What clothes do you recommend I bring?

Outfits Official Visit to Mexico:

Arrival - repeat from Leonor's first day of school. Nice & ok after such a long flight.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0baHbt9g4M4yV/340x.jpg
Reception at presidential residence - repeat from Expo opening in Zaragoza. Don't like skirt & jacket together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qP08sfi42TA/610x.jpg

I hope there are some new clothes and not only old, repeated stuff. An official visit is a good opportunity to dress up a bit.

Here is a reminder of their last Official Visit to Mexico in 2004 were we could see a self confident, beaming young woman with pretty, colourful clothes and chic hairstyles. Yes, Letizia made an effort back then but what remains nowadays is only a blah shadow of her former self.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
progress.gif

The welcoming Ceremony would have been a perfect occasion to wear a hat.
Is there a reason why the Spanish Royal Ladies (nearly) never wear hats? :ermm:

Outfits Official Visit to Mexico:

Arrival - repeat from Leonor's first day of school. Nice & ok after such a long flight.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0baHbt9g4M4yV/340x.jpg
Reception at presidential residence - repeat from Expo opening in Zaragoza. Don't like skirt & jacket together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qP08sfi42TA/610x.jpg

I hope there are some new clothes and not only old, repeated stuff. An official visit is a good opportunity to dress up a bit.

Here is a reminder of their last Official Visit to Mexico in 2004 were we could see a self confident, beaming young woman with pretty, colourful clothes and chic hairstyles. Yes, Letizia made an effort back then but what remains nowadays is only a blah shadow of her former self.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

progress.gif

Well, it is a official visit a proffesional visit, not a Runway show, that's nice of her she doesn't want to dress up too much just what it is necessary.:rolleyes:

The welcoming Ceremony would have been a perfect occasion to wear a hat.
Is there a reason why the Spanish Royal Ladies (nearly) never wear hats? :ermm:

Is not a custom in Spain to wear hats.Anyway I do not know why but I do not like hats.

Thanks for the answer.
In my opinion hats make nearly every outfit look even more elegant.
I think Letizia has a very elegant style and some of her suits would look great with hats.
Like the current suit she wore for the welcoming ceremony .. I think it would look great with a hat piece or a hat.

Wow Duke of Marmalade, I had never seen the photos of the first visit in Mexico, not yet a member of this country club, hehe. Letizia looked so beautiful and put together!
This is how I think Princesses should look. I live in Florida, if I want casual with not much thought put into it I can go to the mall!!!:lol:

She usually buys new clothes for the new season. We will see new clothes for this coming fall/winter. I think Mexico City is a lot warmer than Madrid, in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit. On the other hand, I do think Zarzuela needs to give her more money to buy some new clothes for the special occasions, ex. official visits oversea. However there are 4 women in the house who need to buy lots of clothes, perhaps money is a little short. Spain has no law specifying how much money the crown prince couple should get as other European countries that heavily favors the crown prince couples over their siblings in terms of money allocation, Letizia is not the person to be blamed for not having new clothes for the official visits.
I'm more disappointed at her hair. Although Letizia probably combs her own hair better than lots of other royals, her hair was not being done professionally today.

Thanks for the answer.
In my opinion hats make nearly every outfit look even more elegant.
I think Letizia has a very elegant style and some of her suits would look great with hats.
Like the current suit she wore for the welcoming ceremony .. I think it would look great with a hat piece or a hat.

Agree with you. Because Sofia doesn't like hats, all the other royal women in the house are following the great examples of the Queen, which isn't so great in this case IMO.
I think Letizia would look great with a pillar box since she has an angular face similar to Jackie's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with you. Because Sofia doesn't like hats, all the other royal women in the house are following the great examples of the Queen, which isn't so great in this case IMO.
Oh really? That's too bad... I always thought it was a protocol-thingie or something. ;) :D

I wonder if she still owns that beautiful yellow suit. (IBL)
I love it. It would be great to see her recycling it.

Last edited:
Oh really? That's too bad... I always thought it was a protocol-thingie or something. ;) :D

I wonder if she still owns that beautiful yellow suit. (IBL)
I love it. It would be great to see her recycling it.

Would love to see Letizia in a hat but i guess we will have to wait for some foreign royal wedding say prince william

She has worn this beautiful yellow suit a few times - the last was when she was a few months pregnant with Leonor

A change of outfit on day one of Mexico trip in Morelia 29th Sept
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0drQ1kcfBCf4h/610x.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/10565889.jpg
Letizia wearing one of her current favourite outfits

Is not a custom in Spain to wear hats.Anyway I do not know why but I do not like hats.

Hats are no longer worn here in the States either except maybe the older women when they attend church services.

progress.gif

Yes I hope for new clothes too! And if not new, then at least something we havent seen in awhile - a la the yellow suit...

She usually buys new clothes for the new season. We will see new clothes for this coming fall/winter. I think Mexico City is a lot warmer than Madrid, in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit.

Pity.

A change of outfit on day one of Mexico trip in Morelia 29th Sept
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0drQ1kcfBCf4h/610x.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/10565889.jpg
Letizia wearing one of her current favourite outfits

Challenge to Letizia: Retire this one for at least 6 months! :bang:

...in this case we probably won't see new clothes for this visit.

... there were no new clothes in Poland either. So far your worst fears have come true. Wow, this fake Chanel-style combo AGAIN. There is nothing wrong with recylcing clothes but why within such a short period of time and never mix and match. The jacket for example would look elegant with a skirt instead of these dreadful skinny pants. God, where have all those pretty suits gone? Even if Letizia has some lending agreements with Varela her wardrobe should consist of enough pieces by now to allow more chic combinations rather than wearing the same outfits all over again and again and again.

[/quote]

On the other hand, I do think Zarzuela needs to give her more money to buy some new clothes for the special occasions, ex. official visits oversea.
However there are 4 women in the house who need to buy lots of clothes, perhaps money is a little short.

Sorry but I see only one who ranks above the Princess of Asturias and that is Queen Sofia. It's her perogative to make use of expensive designers and she does. Letizia should have similar rights and Elena and Cristina should pay their own clothes with their own money, keeping in mind how much they earn from their part time jobs - they can easily afford to wear designer whenever they want to without standing on JC's budget. There is something seriously wrong in the way of distributing the money. Seems it's Borbon first and then whoever married into the family instead of following the rank / number or importance of duties.

Yes indeed she recycle clothes too soon! She must have lots of beautiful older suits that she should recycle and let these ones in the wardrobe for some time!!!!!! The clothes Letizia has wore in leonor's first day of school should have been left in the wardrobe or maybe she could wear the same trousers and put a different blouse and a differente belt, that would make a big difference. And yes that fake chanel jacket is just horrible and she has wore it so many times, maybe with a skirt.... She looks bad in troussers because she is very tiny and she looks even more tiny.

Change of outfit on day 2 (30/09/08) Mexico
Wearing a repeat black and white skirt and jacket combo (3rd rpeat of skirt, 2nd of white jacket?) - strange how she last wore this for an offical function during their visit to Poland in May!!

Picture details

Well at least it's not a repeat in Poland. Mexico is far away.....and it IS September. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom