Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A recycled suit from Lorenzo Caprile, probably one of her favorite suits (since it had been worn so many times this year).

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/83...83A05122D23697E6CF48DD0F7D81BE30A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/83...83A05122D2369C717A9B50C5197D2E30A760B0D811297

Its been worn on 3 occassions - the dinner for the President of Yemen, Opening of the parliament and the naming of a new ship. It has not to my knowledge been seen since April (so for Letizia's recycling standard that is a really long break!!)

Was this by Caprile?? i had always assumed it was by Varela as i though Caprile designed her evening gowns

Thanks for that info donnaK

Was this by Caprile?? i had always assumed it was by Varela as i though Caprile designed her evening gowns

That was what had been said in the newspapers/magazines. Although the style is a bit old fashioned, the quality of this suit is better than most of Varela's.

Its been worn on 3 occassions - the dinner for the President of Yemen, Opening of the parliament and the naming of a new ship. It has not to my knowledge been seen since April (so for Letizia's recycling standard that is a really long break!!)

Thanks for that info donnaK

I agree, by Letizia standards, thats not too bad!
I'm glad she left it awhile, but its fine by me to see it now ;)

I recall Caprile too. And it makes sense since the suit is of a much better quality than the average Varela stuff. I might be conservative but very classy IMO. Letizia looks great but again, pointy quality shoes would have made it a perfect appearance, the ugly peeptoe shoes spoil it for me because they are so average, she wears them to death in any ordinary daytime event. This classy grey suit deserves better.

I like the suit but would have preferred it without the top underneath, it ruins the neckline of the jacket.

I had hoped she would wear new outfits for the evets leading up to the PoA Awards.

I do agree. A lovely outfit!
Letizia looks great, also her hair looks nice.

It's a lovely outfit, very nice. Letizia is glowing in Asturias, it's obvious that she is much more at ease and blossoming than usual. Great that she brought along some new outfits. However it's such a bad coincidence that Felipe is soooo tall. Especially in the group picture when she's standing next to him the top part of the outfit makes her look strangled or compressed and the shoes - although no peeptoes but huge platforms - look clumsy. Felipe dwarfs everything around him what makes Letizia look even more tiny and fragile.

Very pretty suit! It is conservative, but not boring. The color is gorgeous on her.

That was what had been said in the newspapers/magazines. Although the style is a bit old fashioned, the quality of this suit is better than most of Varela's.

It is a classic! She can wear this same suit 5 years from now and it will still look gorgeous!

Pricess Letizia recycles this outfit from Poland (she uses the skirt also with white jacket), today at a reception for winners of the 2008 Prince of Asturias Awards.
Daylife
Daylife

A close-up from yesterday:
Hola

I adore the purple top and jacket and the earrings she wore with it were adorable. Beautiful outfit on her! Also the black top with the print shirt is wonderful, I'm not sure what's happening in her closet, but I hope that it keeps happening! She has looked pretty darn flawless these past couple of weeks.

I adore the purple top and jacket and the earrings she wore with it were adorable. Beautiful outfit on her! Also the black top with the print shirt is wonderful, I'm not sure what's happening in her closet, but I hope that it keeps happening! She has looked pretty darn flawless these past couple of weeks.
I do agree -- maybe this is going back to her own style without the influence of others and she is standing up for herself and not reading articles, etc. She and Felipe just seem so much happier since the Olympics and he is just beaming all the time now. I was hoping for another child, but I don't think so now as she is still not "showing". Guess a super personal life is the answer.

Its a casual outfit. The jacket is pretty and I like the match of the teal top.

This is nice enough as it is, I'd like to see it with a cream jacket of a similar style

http://premsa.caixamanresa.es/uploads/img/081029Jornada2.jpg

I like this outfit. If you look at the other pictures in the current events thread, you can see that the audience is very male-dominated. So I think that the grey suit was an appropriate, but I am pleased that she softened it with the pink top & accessories.
Similarly, the earrings were a great choice, and here hair looks gorgeous.

I like the pink top also. It gives the suit the brightness that it needs. She looks wonderful in this photo.

I like the pink top also. It gives the suit the brightness that it needs. She looks wonderful in this photo.
i like this suit
she owns it for a long time ago, 2004-2005
it's very nice smart discret....classic

It's a suit that she can use with many differente blouses and tops and it just look always nice, fashionable and elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom