Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the pants and the top, she could have used some cool jewelry to add a bit more spice to the outfit. A really great colored gem necklace and earrings would have been nice. The shoes don't bother me so much since the pants are long enough and wide enough at the bottom to cover them. The green color is very nice on her.

Visit at Expo Zaragoza, July 9th

http://www.infomelilla.com/fotos/watermark/ampliadas/fn-0109072008161158.jpg
http://www.infomelilla.com/fotos/watermark/ampliadas/fn-0709072008161351.jpg

A pretty white dress altough the muscle shirt style is not very flattering for such bony arms.
The blue sweater around the neck looks strange in the second pic. If she was cold a scarf or stole would have looked better.

The last two outfits looked very nice and I hope we will see more of this during the Mallorca summer holiday break, last year's wardrobe was incredibly sloppy.

I agree, although they seem toned nicely, her arms are too skinny for this type of dress.
Can we imagine however how we'd feel if every time we left the house they'd be people out there checking our every move, nuance, colour,piece of jewelry, smile, frown and expression?
Although I am not thrilled about them I feel for all the newcomers to the royal families.

I made up my mind a long time ago not to use the models as "models." They are barely out of their teenage years mostly anorexic and out of any realistic standards. Having said that, Letizia looked happy and beautiful in that white dress. Skinny as fat arms are not to be paraded about but covered just a tad so they do not look that pronounced. Letizia seems to be toning hers nicely and they look fit.

I really like the dress. Her arms are not to skinny, they are proportionate to her body type. She looks very pretty.

I really like the dress. Her arms are not to skinny, they are proportionate to her body type. She looks very pretty.
I agree, her arms are to be envied as they go with her body. I sure am jealous of the look over-all! I also think that she has been looking extremely happy and up-beat lately. Maybe all the Spanish sport wins have her on a high.

Great dress and she looks wonderful in white! I'd love to see this same dress in another color on her as well.

You called these skinny & bony arms?! Letizia has the most fabulously toned set of arms and shoulders amongst the CPs IMO. She sure looks stunning in that dress and it suits her so well....I would also love to see her in this same dress but a different colour.

Crown Princess Letizia looked nice in the sleeveless white dress. The dress fitted her figure well. However, I do not like sleeveless shirts or dresses on very slim people such as Crown Princess Letizia.

I don't like the colour either. The cut isn't very flattering either. It makes her look like she had no waist. :ermm:
I don't like this Safari-look on her.

The white dress she wore for the Expo was lovely. I wonder if the belt is part of it or if Letizia just added it.

But then again..the shoes... I just don't get it. They ruin nearly every outfit.
She should wear heels without platform, or at least with a smaller, decent one.
Like those, for example. They wouldn't make her feet look that giantly.

I don't like the colour either. The cut isn't very flattering either. It makes her look like she had no waist. :ermm:
I don't like this Safari-look on her.

This dress was from the period of time when Varela was making the most unflattering clothes for her. Why didn't she recycle some of very nice clothes she wore in 2004-2005. If those clothes were borrowed from Varela, then why did she buy this ugly dress ? ;)

But do you know for a fact that she doesn't have a professional clothes buyer that does in fact bring samples and photos of fashions and then orders them for her -- eliminating the NEED for her to shop. A good buyer will also tell the client where to wear what item. While not an exclusive full time position for one person, a good buyer has only a few clients that take 100% of her time.

I read that this is exactly what Maxima and Mary [and many others] now employ whereas the young Spanish Royals never employed one. Just wanted to know if this was true fact or not, not an opinion.

I personally know a few busy professional women that in fact employ professional buyers and am shocked that all Royals don't use this service

As I said in the events threads it seems a fact that Letizia does not have a professional clothes buyer or professional help with her wardrobe in the wider sense. Why? It is beyond me because Letizia could only benefit: She would look better and more organized and save lots of time = quality time for her family. Professional help would not transform the Princess into a fashion victim but provide a better co-ordination or variety and a second opinion of a person who has got a feeling for appearance. In terms of money, what is affordable for business women should be affordable for Princess Letizia too.

Very often her wardrobe is not organized at all, looks like dressed in the very last second, dragging something from the front of the wardrobe and slipping into the first pair of shoes available. It's basically a too strong focus on what could be nice once or twice: Varela has nice coats but other items are average quality or plain ugly; the platform peeptoes can look nice but are not suitable as everyday look and don't suit Letizia's figure, same goes for the skinny pants. A person who could advise her from time to time would only be helpful and not harm anyone.

None of the SRF women has a stylist. In order to break the 'trandition', it will take some time, esp. Zarzuela is currently under the King :). If Letizia sometimes treats herself to the Valentino coutures as her mother-in-law at the galas, or wears Armani to the big celebrations as her sister-in-law Cristina (I always think Armani fits Letizia perfectly since it's mostly tailored for very thin women), then Varela's awful clothes would soon be forgotten and she wouldn't need a stylist (a good stylist charges a lot of money per hour).

Whether Letizia gets a stylist or not, there will be 3 different camps. The first will find something wrong in whatever she wears, the second will like everything she wears, and there are others who like her for what she does and not for what she wears.

Whether Letizia gets a stylist or not, there will be 3 different camps. The first will find something wrong in whatever she wears, the second will like everything she wears, and there are others who like her for what she does and not for what she wears.
Put like that, you are probably correct. I personally feel that she is an extremely hard working woman and an asset to her country and the Royal Family of Spain as their future queen. Plus, and MOST IMPORTANT, her husband adores her and isn't afraid to show it:wub:

Audiences July 15th

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2008/07/15/847851.jpg (thanks to Lady Finn)

The skirt is a repeat from the wedding anniversary appearance on May 22nd. Nice summery colour but ruined by a too tight & casual cardigan plus the usual ugly shoes. She looks so fragile and worn out ... people keep coming up with anorexia but I don't think so ... guess losing weight is rather her reaction to being stressed out by royal life & work. Unfortunately this will continue for the rest of her life ... and being PoA is probably only a joke compared to what she will have to face as Queen.

I agree. I only like the skirt, it's very beautyful. Anyone knows the designer?

i loved the skirt when i first saw it, it's definitely different from what she tends to go for, but the whole outfit looked much nicer the other time. maybe it's the cardigan...

I also love the skirt it is very different and the colours are great!:flowers:

The jacket is very Varela, just about the only style Varela has been doing the last 3 years. The whole outfit is OK, Letizia seems to be fond of purple color recently.
Another picture
Picture details

I am divided if Letizia's arms are bony or skinny or if they are on the verge of looking like Madonna's. However the green dress is very pretty and she looks good and most important of all fresh and chic, I wish she would open a fashion fair every day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom