Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right ok, thanks!

I do think she should vary her designers, I'd love to see her in more Adolfo Dominguez and Angel Schlesser.

She wore this outfit like two weeks ago?

All outfits worn during the polish visit, with expection of the black jacket, the only new piece I believe, have been recycled from only recently and almost without the slightest change in detail. Nobody wants Letizia to turn into a clotheshorse but this is a very effortless attitude, like grabbing two pairs of shoes and whatever is in the first row of the closet. Yes the outfits are appropriate but it's a fact that a lot is about looks and even though they do their best to be taken seriously as hard workers with a no nonsense attitude especially Letizia as a female consort has to be an eyecatcher and a bit decorative instead of looking serious and dressing in sad and boring colours. Unfortunately she doesn't bring along some heavyweight charisma or larger than life personality that could make you overlook all these dressing & look superficialities.

All outfits worn during the polish visit, with expection of the black jacket, the only new piece I believe, have been recycled from only recently and almost without the slightest change in detail. Nobody wants Letizia to turn into a clotheshorse but this is a very effortless attitude, like grabbing two pairs of shoes and whatever is in the first row of the closet. Yes the outfits are appropriate but it's a fact that a lot is about looks and even though they do their best to be taken seriously as hard workers with a no nonsense attitude especially Letizia as a female consort has to be an eyecatcher and a bit decorative instead of looking serious and dressing in sad and boring colours. Unfortunately she doesn't bring along some heavyweight charisma or larger than life personality that could make you overlook all these dressing & look superficialities.
I have to agree with you on this post and previous posts. Effortless attitude is a very good description. And like many others, I too do not mind if she recycles, I do it all the time, but she has many "staple" items in her closet that she could combine and make a zillion wonderful outfits. One of the things that she must do, IMO, is get rid of a lot of her gray clothes, they do nothing for her. The only royal that I have seen wear gray and look good is MT. She needs to stick to the pastelish colors, pinks (like the P of A awards outfit a couple of years ago), blues, yellows. Like I stated in a previous post I would love to see the "Red-dress-Letizia" come out and play a little more often.:flowers:

Yes the outfits are appropriate but it's a fact that a lot is about looks and even though they do their best to be taken seriously as hard workers with a no nonsense attitude especially Letizia as a female consort has to be an eyecatcher and a bit decorative instead of looking serious and dressing in sad and boring colours. Unfortunately she doesn't bring along some heavyweight charisma or larger than life personality that could make you overlook all these dressing & look superficialities.

It isn't really "a fact", DoM, it's an opinion masked as a "fact".

The only people who actually care about what she or any other princess is wearing over the importance of the event (hence why they are actually there), thereby taking it way too seriously as if were a severe oil crisis or something, are photo editors of vapid glossies who essentially brainwash their readers into thinking a Balenciaga jacket takes precedence over the situation in Darfur.

I know you are smart, DoM. You know that there are more pressing issues at hand then what the Princess consort is wearing. Furthermore, there are times when I find that if a princesses outfit is being more discussed rather than the event itself, there is something very wrong with society. Sure it's fun to debate an ensemble, but to solely focus on it -- positive or negative -- over the importance of international relations... :lol:come on. The world cannot be that shallow... no wait... perhaps we are. Sad.

The only people who actually care about what she or any other princess is wearing over the importance of the event (hence why they are actually there), thereby taking it way too seriously as if were a severe oil crisis or something, are photo editors of vapid glossies who essentially brainwash their readers into thinking a Balenciaga jacket takes precedence over the situation in Darfur.

I know you are smart, DoM. You know that there are more pressing issues at hand then what the Princess consort is wearing. Furthermore, there are times when I find that if a princesses outfit is being more discussed rather than the event itself, there is something very wrong with society. Sure it's fun to debate an ensemble, but to solely focus on it -- positive or negative -- over the importance of international relations... :lol:come on. The world cannot be that shallow... no wait... perhaps we are. Sad.
Ask yourself this -- Since we (all of us that post) are all aware of world situations, do you think that is why we "escape" to this message board and talk about fashion instead of politics? Sure, there are crisis all over the world, but because we are all "bombarded" by it day in and day out, we need an outlet to just think about stuff that really has nothing to do with nothing. I know I enjoy chatting and reading opinions on this board and for only that short time, I don't think about the price of gas, or the war in Iraq or whatever happens to be big news on that particular day. I think deep down that is the real reason for these type of message boards, an escape from the real world. Saying that, what should it matter what or how long we discuss a certain topic? :ROFLMAO:

Ask yourself this -- Since we (all of us that post) are all aware of world situations, do you think that is why we "escape" to this message board and talk about fashion instead of politics?

I don't know, is it? Ask yourself that question. Are you and every single person aware of every single important world situtations (and not the most obvious ones either like global warming and baby seals as well as dolphins being clubbed to death in Japan)? You would better to answer your own personal perspectives than another.

think deep down that is the real reason for these type of message boards, an escape from the real world

Well, yeah. That's a no brainer. However, it seems that some take it beyond that as if it were an/or can be equated with rising fuel costs and the situation in Darfur and the massive illegal immigration problem here in the US.

Sure, there are crisis all over the world, but because we are all "bombarded" by it day in and day out, we need an outlet to just think about stuff that really has nothing to do with nothing. I know I enjoy chatting and reading opinions on this board and for only that short time, I don't think about the price of gas, or the war in Iraq or whatever happens to be big news on that particular day.

Unfortunately, you seemed to have missed that major bullet point of my previous post. Since when does fashion take precedence over an important official visit or any other important international relations? And why? Why should it? Why is it important to emphasize what someone wears? Why is it that some believe that someone will take another seriously if they wear the latest ensemble and that it has more weight? As I said before, it seems the context is blurred. How incredibly unfortunate. And why should someone berate another because their outfit is deemed boring for their taste?

what should it matter what or how long we discuss a certain topic? :ROFLMAO:

As long as you stay on topic I could really care less. However, if you or anyone else goes off on a tangent I would advise all to head on back to the proper sub-forum. Capiche?:D

Last edited:
Right ok, thanks!

I do think she should vary her designers, I'd love to see her in more Adolfo Dominguez and Angel Schlesser.

Adolfo Dominguez's clothes suits Letizia so much better than Varela's IMO. The issues is that AD has lots of other famous clients, one day seeing his suit in Letizia, the next day you see the same clothes (mostly the same style, different colors) in the vice PM, or a minister or a TV presenter. That could be the reason Letizia decided to move away from him (my guess only).
Angel Schlesser is another execellent designer, his style is simple, yet elegant, my favourite, suits Letizia very well. But his clothes is more expensive, also sister-in-law Elena wore his clothes alot besides her expensive French/Italian brands.

Hi GT :flowers: My complete quote is "but it's a fact that a lot is about looks" - not everything - and I stand by that; the best proof is that only a fraction of the media is interested in an every day event of Prince Felipe on his own compared to the media interest when Letizia is around, too (I believe this is the same with the Dutch etc) and why would that be? Because of her input to the cause? No, because people want to see how she looks and what she's wearing. Maybe all the grey and boring clothes and sad looks are the result of this situation: She's making herself as low key and less interesting looking as possible to have least distraction from the cause. Of course it doesn't work and I am not the only person who doesn't have this idea of a female CP or of Royalty in general; especially the women are supposed to look good or stand out.

You know that there are more pressing issues at hand then what the Princess consort is wearing. Furthermore, there are times when I find that if a princesses outfit is being more discussed rather than the event itself, there is something very wrong with society. Sure it's fun to debate an ensemble, but to solely focus on it -- positive or negative -- over the importance of international relations... :lol:come on. The world cannot be that shallow... no wait... perhaps we are. Sad.

As I said, it's a lot about looks; not every time, but probably most of the times, especially with most consorts. It might change when they become Queens as they will gain some profile for themselves and it might already be different with Victoria of Sweden as she's the heiress. Regarding your last sentence I fear you are right - there are too many unbearable things going on in the world that makes many people turn onto some nice but very unimportant superficialities, sad but true.

My complete quote is "but it's a fact that a lot is about looks" - not everything - and I stand by that

Yes, but the key words in your phrase: it's a fact.

No, because people want to see how she looks and what she's wearing

Not everybody rather as you noted a small margin of people. There are parties who are interested in the core reason as to why a public figure attends a specific event and/or visit a particular country. While two or three drool or snark at what one wears specifically if she is an attractive woman.

Maybe all the grey and boring clothes and sad looks are the result of this situation: She's making herself as low key and less interesting looking as possible to have least distraction from the cause. Of course it doesn't work and I am not the only person who doesn't have this idea of a female CP or of Royalty in general; especially the women are supposed to look good or stand out.

True that may be one theory. Other could be that you find her clothes. boring, blah, and uninspiring. While others like it. It's all about ones personal taste.

As I said, it's a lot about looks; not every time, but probably most of the times, especially with most consorts.

Hmm, I don't know about that... a lot? I would say mildly.:flowers:

This next comment is not directed towards you, DoM.
Overall, I want members to have fun discussing Letizia, but to severely criticize her, dissect her like a lab frog, and knock her down for kicks isn't fun nor will I tolerate it... to get all ghetto for a minute: I ain't playin'. Just chill and enjoy.

:flowers:

Back on topic which is Letizia's Daytime Clothes.:)

I agree with you!
Very nice outfit and nice purse, but I don't like her shoes at all. Ugly and wrong colour, IMO.
Too bad that she ruins very nice outfits with wrong shoes!

I have to agree, she ruins nearly EVERY outfit with the wrong shoes (but that is a problem of many women....) :bang:
The purse and shoes MAKE a ouftit.

Does she have a stylist/or a adviser? I don't think so.
IMO she doing everything on her own, make-up, hair and the outfit. When working as news-presenter (is that the correct jobtitle in english?) there was a
make-up-stylist, and a kind of stylist.
I think she should hire a person who comes along every week or so and they choose the outfits for the next events, and Letizia could "learn" how
to create a look, what looks perfectly with what, how to recycle thing in a way that it does "different"

(I hope you could understand was I ment)

I love that she's wearing color! This purple is very nice. I have a theory about the shoes. I think that the shoes that she wears with her skirts are too heavy looking for the outfit. I too have this problem sometimes and have to change to a strappy sandel.

I have a theory about shoes, too, i.e. that as fashion changes, women in the forefront of fashion wear the very latest trends.

I remember once, that years ago, commentators in Australia and the US criticised the footwear of eminent television and film stars, only to learn a season later, that those wearing the latest designs had been in fashion's vanguard.

Might it be that if royal princesses wear new designs, inclduing dark stockings and outre footwear, that within the year, we'll all be emulating them?

I really can't believe that women such as CP Letizia and CP Mary of Denmark would ever make egregious fashion faux pas.

Well if you think that's all about image I think overall Letizia has a great image! Don't look to close on her clothes or her thiness and you will have a wonderful image.

Well peep toes and dark stocking are hardly a "new" trend. Both have been seen for well over a year now.

The King of Spain has a fortune of about 1.700 millions of euros apparently he is the 6th richest monarch in europe. The monarchy receives 7 millons of euros per year, plus all the costs of maintenance go to different governmental departments. I hope she would spend some money in new clothes
or use the Armanis she wore at the beggining. I loved her Prada bags and Gucci shoes at the time.

Last edited:
I like the skirt but the combination with the blouse is not very flattering. Very old fashioned, sad colours and those skinny arms. The usual ugly pair of shoes (apparently she doesn't have another one) but we've been here before.

The cut of the dress quite suits Letizia. Especially the way the skirt flows.

The color is quite poor.
Don't like it at all. Reminds me of a curtain.

Somehow the cut of the dress and the color don't fit together.
The cut of the dress is stylish while the color is oldfashioned.

I wonder why she put up all those beautiful shoes she used to wear in the first years. She is repeating waaaay too much those shoes, this one and the black ones, same design.

Great dress, I love the puffball skirt-very cute. The shoes look great with this dress. She's lucky she has the figure to carryoff a high neck!

I love tha ladies today, I think only somebody like Letizia can wear this dress, she looks lovely, I think the top we've already seen it! :D

I dont think so.
It looks like a 1 part dress to me; so I doubt she has worn the "top" already. ;)

Great dress, I love the puffball skirt-very cute. The shoes look great with this dress. She's lucky she has the figure to carryoff a high neck!

I agree, the dress is very nice and fine,like her!, but I think that the hair up is a better option if you wear turtleneck.

Joining Duke of Marmalade and Her Majesty, I have to note that the skirt and top are a poor match. The colour and pattern of the outfit are not the perfect choice. The style of the skirt does enhance Crown Princess Letizia's figure though. I believe the top has already been worn.

The dress would have been better off without the turtleneck. Don't like the neckline at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom