Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia looks nice in red and her outfit was definitely the best of the family on this event.
Her hair is growing and it looks nice now.
I don't like her shoes and purse at all. She should have worn red shoes, IMO.

Yes it does. Gives it a nice shimmer without being too much.
So that's what I thought was lint! Honestly, in some of the photos it looked as if she had hugged someone wearing white linen or cotton and ended up covered with it.

Cat

I think the jacket is fantastic. Unfortunately it's not perfect because of the cheap looking shirt underneath - doesn't go with the fabric - and those terrible cheap looking platform shoes plus matching purse, wrong colour. Red shoes and a consistance of fabric within the combination would have given her a 10 out of 10. Don't like Sofia's outfit today, odd colour combo. The Infantas look great, Cristina is wearing her official pic outfit.

Cherry red looks really nice on her. She does need new shoes though. She looked beautiful and happy.

I actually like Letizia's silver shoes and purse, that matched the buttons of her jacket. red shoes and purse would have been too much IMO. The colors' combination of Queen's outfit looked a little odd to me at the beginning, but seeing a few times, pink and navy blue looked quite good together. Both Infantas looked nice too, however when Cristina moved, her cheap cotton T-shirt peeking out, much like Letizia before. I really hope the SRF ladies (mostly Letizia and Cristina) stopping wearing cotton T-shirts underneath the nice suits.

Last edited:
Both Infantas looked nice too, however when Cristina moved, her cheap cotton T-shirt peeking out, much like Letizia before. I really hope the SRF ladies (mostly Letizia and Cristina) stopping wearing cotton T-shirts underneath the nice suits.

Yes you are right. I thought the outfit looked very nice in this one official picture with Cristina & Inaki, even with the shirt. Maybe this is because it's a shot and she's not moving around as in Mostoles. The only two with classy accessoires are Queen Sofia and Elena, as usual.

I actually like Letizia's silver shoes and purse, that matched the buttons of her jacket. red shoes and purse would have been too much IMO. .
I agree, red accessories would have looked ridiculous!

Letizia is reccyle all her hardrobe in this trip to Poland. But she is recycle recent clothes and to me that shouldn't be the criteria, this strategy is not good! She should recycle yes but maybe some older clothes that she hasn't wear for a long time or maybe combine different skirst with different clouses.

The presidential couple of Poland and the people of Poland haven´t seen Letizia´s outfits before, so I don´t think it matters at all that she has used recycled and recently woren clothes. The princess has looked very lovely in Poland.

I really don't care that she recycles, it fact I think it's a good thing. What are the people of Spain going to say if she shows up on every occasion in a new outfit? Normal people cannot afford to do that, so why shouldn't she recycle as well? Besides, some of her clothes I really like, it would be too bad if she didn't recycle them, that would mean we would never get to see her wear it again!

isn't this the same skirt she lately wore with the beige/white jacket?
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008/05/07/principes-polonia/imgs/principes-7a.jpg
It looks much better with the black jacket!
It's way more elegant, IMO. The constrast is better!
Close-up of the jacket:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008/05/07/principes-polonia/imgs/principes-9a.jpg
Elegant.

I think you're right HerMajesty, she's definitely wore this skirt before with a different jacket. I didn't remember the colour, but I think it was white indeed. I loved the skirt then, and still love it now! The jacket is quite nice as well, different!

The jackets are identical, black and white, by Varela - to be recognized by the huge ugly zipper.

Recycling is not a bad thing but it's about the frequency. She recycles the same stuff sometimes within days, wears one pair of shoes. Those who think that's great, she saves money for the country can I ask a question: isn't it a complete waste of money that Letizia never ever recycles so many timeless and elegant clothes from her wardrobe of the first years of marriage? Same for tons of matching shoes and purses. When looking at her figure, she did not change too much. Not sure what happend to all these clothes, maybe JC urged her to sell them elsewhere to fund the girls' wardrobe.

Many of us has nothing againts recycle, recycle is good but it turns hideous when you come up again with the same again and again and again and with the same dress as one week ago, almost all the clothes on this visit she has wore in the last month or so, the purple one only a mere 7 or 10 days ago and honestly two of them are unforgettable: the gray outfit and the purple one with such a big flowers.

Doesn't she have more shoes?, peeps are In but too much is too much.

Wear clothes with more time frame between activities has nothing to do with the importance one give to the actual visit or not, a lot of us make marvelous things to stretch our money and we don't have a third part of Letizia's clothes and still try to mix and match so the outfit won't look the same always but she has a tendency to wear the same dress w/ the same coat w/ the same purse w/ the same shoes and not even something new w/ the hair.

Not to mention she's extremelly skinny again, I've being abroad for a couple of months and when I saw her again it hit me, but let's no go there.

The jackets are identical, black and white, by Varela - to be recognized by the huge ugly zipper.

actually whilst they are highly likely by the same designer they are by no means identical

the black version has no collar but instead large beading around the neckline - on the other white version the jacket had a collar

black version 6may http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008/05/07/principes-polonia/imgs/principes-9a.jpg

white version 9 april
http://images2.image-data.com/images/1/lowres/93582/93582169.jpg
Multimedia: La Rioja
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3825/2008040916334564640gd0.jpg

Last edited:

Recycling is not a bad thing but it's about the frequency. She recycles the same stuff sometimes within days, wears one pair of shoes. Those who think that's great, she saves money for the country can I ask a question: isn't it a complete waste of money that Letizia never ever recycles so many timeless and elegant clothes from her wardrobe of the first years of marriage? Same for tons of matching shoes and purses. When looking at her figure, she did not change too much. Not sure what happend to all these clothes, maybe JC urged her to sell them elsewhere to fund the girls' wardrobe.

I can't deny you've got a point there Duke! I think it's too bad she doesn't recycle the close from the beginning anymore! I wish she did actually, especially the georgeous red dress she wore to the Danish wedding. I don't know what happened to all those clothes, but I guess only she has the answer to that!

The funny thing is that I remember that a lot of people criticised her early wardrobe for being boring, not having much variety, always being in suits etc. etc.

It's been clear to me for some time now that she's never going to be able to pelase everyone clothes wise so she might as well wear items that she likes personally and that are appropriate for the event itself.

The funny thing is that I remember that a lot of people criticised her early wardrobe for being boring, not having much variety, always being in suits etc. etc.

It's been clear to me for some time now that she's never going to be able to pelase everyone clothes wise so she might as well wear items that she likes personally and that are appropriate for the event itself.

hahaha :lol: also very true little star. There were actually a lot of people who thought her wardrobe to be boring. I guess everyone has their own opinion and we're never going to reach a compromise on this. She's quite right in wearing clothes which she likes and are appropriate :) I don't mind her recycling clothes, I quite like it actually, too bad she hasn't recycled my dream red dress though, oh well, maybe on some very special ocasion :rolleyes:

PrincessLeonor said:
I think it's too bad she doesn't recycle the close from the beginning anymore! I wish she did actually, especially the georgeous red dress she wore to the Danish wedding. I don't know what happened to all those clothes, but I guess only she has the answer to that!
That a question I asked myself, too.
I loved her wardrobe in her very early beginning as Princess. ;)
I still like her fashion. It is just.. different now.

I don't mind Recycling at all.
The think about Letizia's way of recycling is: She often recycles outfits in exactly the same way. You know what I mean?
The same combinations of skirt-jacket/coat. It would be nice if she would vary a little more.
Like she did with the skirt in Poland (wearing a black jacket instead of wearing exactly the same outfit (skirt+ white jacket) again.
She has so many clothes... she could combine them differently from time to time.

Back off the whole "She is so ugly/scary/gross/skinny" nonsense. We get it, already. You are all adults so act like it!

It is an art form when it comes to constructive criticism; however, to be plain vicious and nasty is something that I will not tolerate any more! Got it?!

Back on topic.

:alien:

GT
RHofF Mod.

actually whilst they are highly likely by the same designer they are by no means identical

the black version has no collar but instead large beading around the neckline - on the other white version the jacket had a collar

black version 6may http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008/05/07/principes-polonia/imgs/principes-9a.jpg

white version 9 april
http://images2.image-data.com/images/1/lowres/93582/93582169.jpg
Multimedia: La Rioja
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3825/2008040916334564640gd0.jpg

You are right PoE, I meant to say similar; the bottom seems to have an identical cut with the frill :flowers:

Just when you think it can't get any worse, well, it does.

I think She tries to help the designers promoting their new clothes. More people would see the clothes if she recycled 2 or 3 times that season. The old clothes are probably no longer available for others to buy even if someone wants to. Varela likely gave her a big discount, she either feels obliged or simply wants to help him. She did wear old clothes once a while, actually most of her old clothes had also been worn many times before, only very few had never been recycled. She used her the old purses a lot, ex. the orange one, regarding shoes, I know quite a few women whose feet became wider and no longer fit in their shoes after two kids

Last edited:
...[snipped] Varela likely gave her a big discount, she either feels obliged or simply wants to help him. She did wear old clothes once a while, actually most of her old clothes had also been worn many times before, only very few had never been recycled. She used her the old purses a lot, ex. the orange one, regarding shoes, I know quite a few woman whose feet became wider and no longer fit in their shoes after two kids [my bolding]

Dona Letizia should not feel obliged to wear Varela's creations. Quite the opposite,Varela should be glad to have such client as Crown Princess of Spain. It would be advisable for Crown Princess Letizia to invest in several timeless designer suits and dresses. I do not think it will break down the country budget.
Although it may sound unbelievable, I can attest to the truthfulness of this statement. Feet seem to grow more or become wider after a woman gives birth to a child.:)

Last edited:
I don't understand your point, were you commenting on me or my post? What exactly can't get any worse?!

Letizia's wardrobe.

You said you'd recall people critizing Letizia on her first period as a Princess, I was one of them but Letizia's wardrobe on the last two years has become so plain ugly and cheap-looking (with some exceptions) that I actually missed the 2004 and 2005 even part of 2006's outfits.

That's why I told you that when you think things can't get any worse, they do.

BTW. Other spanish designers has the same right as Varela to be promoted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom