The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
SASSY's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 551
What I don't understand is she has other clothes in her wardrobe from her first year of marriage (her best year for fashion) and God knows she hasn't grown out of them. Why is it always the same exact outfit?!
Is it that hard to go into your closet, pull some clothes out, lay them on the bed, and mix and match them until you come up with something that looks good??!!
__________________

__________________
  #142  
Old 06-01-2008, 01:05 AM
marmi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -, New Zealand
Posts: 2,310
I have the very same sentiment Sassy!

Im all for recycling, but if she's not going to mix and match, perhaps a longer period of time between each wearing...
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 13
Ahem... Used to get excited about Letizia's wide selection of clothings... But lately, all of a sudden, it's the same few dresses, coats, shoe (that black pump, I think) all over and over and over and over and over and over again... What ever happened to those from 2004-2005? She could recycle those instead, perhaps?
__________________
  #144  
Old 06-01-2008, 09:30 AM
princess leonor's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ciutat Comtal, Spain
Posts: 1,185
Everyone can relax and be happy again. Letizia has showed up today in a nice new (as far as I know anyway) outfit!!! Check out the activities of the SPanish Royal Family!
__________________
  #145  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #146  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,556
Letizia's outfit today:
http://i31.tinypic.com/24ms2aa.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/opbe36.jpg
ANP

This is maybe a little off-topic , but I just wondered: Isn't it already quite warm in Spain?

I mean: during her latest events Letizia always used to wear such long-sleeved coats... while it's already quite warm outside.
Well, but then it's possibly still much hotter in Germany right now then it is in Spain.
Letizia's outfits look more like Autumn-outfits then Spring/Summer-outfits.

Apart from that purple really suits her. I adore her little purse.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



  #147  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
Thanks for the photo of the bag, Her_Majesty. I love it-very cute!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #148  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
SASSY's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.

I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe.


Letizia looks BEAUTIFUL in violet!
__________________
  #149  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe
Perhaps that is the point though, she may NOT want it to seem as though she has a large wardrobe.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #150  
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,008
Well I think she looks lovely in most of all outfits, some of them makes her look more thin than she is like that red dress wicht I think it was really awful and didn't make any good to her figure, but at the end I think what matters ios her image and I think that she has a very good image in all her apperances, if we forget that she recycles that suit two days ago, if we forget her peep toe shoes to big for her foot, if we forget her grey and boring suits with those tops, if we forget all of it we can consider that in all events she has a very beautiful figure and that she represents Spain very well!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #151  
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Letizia's outfit today:
http://i31.tinypic.com/24ms2aa.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/opbe36.jpg
ANP
Letizia's outfits look more like Autumn-outfits then Spring/Summer-outfits.
This shade of purple really suits her. I love the outfit, its very elegent & flattering. The coat is beautiful, the fabric is new for Letizia & can very dressy. I think this is a perfect spring outfit for such a formal event imo but could also work very well in Autum
  #152  
Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She really tried too hard to promote Varela's latest clothes. With the clothes he made the last couple of years, I bet he hasn't been doing too well .
Except for the recycle she looks very nice today. Her outfit matches very well Felipe's white uniform .

From lula
http://i28.tinypic.com/29pp1ls.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/fo21qr.jpg
Is Varela popular at all I mean in the sense that Senora X is keen to wear his stuff? Given he's so average and with partly poor quality I imagine that he might be struggling to claim his market niche as women in good working positions can easily spend a few quit more and get a better quality.

I understand from Letizia's perspective that dressing high class designer might lead to people like Penelope Cruz wearing the same outfit - by chance - what Zarzuela probably doesn't want to see and what won't happen when chosing Varela.
__________________
  #153  
Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: France, France
Posts: 189
In Spain, Varela isnot a great designer. Thre´re more great designer such as Roberto Verino, V & L , Pedro del Hierro, Purificación García and much more.

I saw Varela outfits in a market and they´re horribles. I don´t like Letizia´s outfits
__________________
  #154  
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
giov's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
but at the end I think what matters ios her image and I think that she has a very good image in all her apperances, if we forget that she recycles that suit two days ago, if we forget her peep toe shoes to big for her foot, if we forget her grey and boring suits with those tops, if we forget all of it we can consider that in all events she has a very beautiful figure and that she represents Spain very well!
I do agree with you!
Letizia has a nice image, but she'd better get rid of Varela and buy nicer shoes.
Her last purple outfit was really nice, maybe the colour was a bit too bright, but , definitely it is a nice outfit.
The shoes are really ugly!
Bulls Press
Bulls Press
There must be a reason if they take so often close pics only of her shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post
In Spain, Varela isnot a great designer. Thre´re more great designer such as Roberto Verino, V & L , Pedro del Hierro, Purificación García and much more.

I saw Varela outfits in a market and they´re horribles. I don´t like Letizia´s outfits
IMO, she should choose a better designer. Letizia says that she is not interested in clothes, but she represents Spain in the world, as the other Spanish Royals, so she should wear the best clothes avaible in Spain, but with a royal style too. They have the chance to promote Spanish Fashion, so, why not?
IMO, of course.
__________________
  #155  
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
By wearing Spanish designers she is promoting Spanish fashion.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #156  
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
giov's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
By wearing Spanish designers she is promoting Spanish fashion.
But she should promote the best designers, the best Spanish Fashion, not Varela. Varela cannot compete with famous and great French, Italian, etc, stylists. There are by far better designers in Spain.
Promoting Varela fashion in order to promote Spanish Fashion is a waste of time and a damage for the image of Spanish fashion in the world.
IMO, of course.
__________________
  #157  
Old 06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,608
There are better designers but maybe Letizia wants to be known for more than just her wardrobe. Secondly she clealry does not spend as much on clothes as the Queen of Cristina, so isn't it likely therefore that she has a smaller budget?
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #158  
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 AM
giov's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
There are better designers but maybe Letizia wants to be known for more than just her wardrobe. Secondly she clealry does not spend as much on clothes as the Queen of Cristina, so isn't it likely therefore that she has a smaller budget?
I totally disagree with you but I prefer to stop it here.
__________________
  #159  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Varela is the worst option of all. We can see every day that he doesn't have the slightest idea how to dress a royal.
I don't know why it is suggested from time to time that nice clothes don't really matter for a princess, especially for Letizia whose alledged intelligence and terrific performance sets her miles apart from these other poor CPs or even Queens who need to become clotheshorses to be recognized. But maybe I only have a different idea of how royals should dress - certainly not like the most average person on the streets using the same low budget "designer" all the time. Work is one thing, clothes another one and a good balance is helpful.

Even Queen Sofia, who is certainly known for more than just her wardrobe doesn't wear sackcloth and ashes and neither does one of her daughters. Letizia used to be very aware of her appearance in former days but not anymore - not sure what the Asturias use their share of the household budget for, maybe paying off the mortgage on Felipe's Zarzuela residence? 11 bedrooms and and nine bathrooms don't come cheap, that's for sure.
__________________
  #160  
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Varela is the worst option of all. We can see every day that he doesn't have the slightest idea how to dress a royal.
I don't know why it is suggested from time to time that nice clothes don't really matter for a princess, especially for Letizia whose alledged intelligence and terrific performance sets her miles apart from these other poor CPs or even Queens who need to become clotheshorses to be recognized. But maybe I only have a different idea of how royals should dress - certainly not like the most average person on the streets using the same low budget "designer" all the time. Work is one thing, clothes another one and a good balance is helpful.

Even Queen Sofia, who is certainly known for more than just her wardrobe doesn't wear sackcloth and ashes and neither does one of her daughters. Letizia used to be very aware of her appearance in former days but not anymore - not sure what the Asturias use their share of the household budget for, maybe paying off the mortgage on Felipe's Zarzuela residence? 11 bedrooms and and nine bathrooms don't come cheap, that's for sure.
I totally agree with you on this matter. She definately needs to dump some of her current designers. Also, I am in full agreement that CPs do need to set a higher standard as far as appearance. A better balance is needed in Letizia's case. She is absolutely stunning and I'd love to see more effort from her in the wardrobe department.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2011 - October 2011 iceflower Archives 394 10-28-2011 02:55 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011 JessRulz Archives 392 08-03-2011 03:57 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010 JessRulz Archives 397 10-19-2010 04:24 PM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008 dazzling Archives 394 11-26-2008 02:23 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - April 2008 GlitteringTiaras Archives 394 04-29-2008 04:16 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]