The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Courtier

What I don't understand is she has other clothes in her wardrobe from her first year of marriage (her best year for fashion) and God knows she hasn't grown out of them. Why is it always the same exact outfit?!
Is it that hard to go into your closet, pull some clothes out, lay them on the bed, and mix and match them until you come up with something that looks good??!!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have the very same sentiment Sassy!

Im all for recycling, but if she's not going to mix and match, perhaps a longer period of time between each wearing...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Commoner

Ahem... Used to get excited about Letizia's wide selection of clothings... But lately, all of a sudden, it's the same few dresses, coats, shoe (that black pump, I think) all over and over and over and over and over and over again... What ever happened to those from 2004-2005? She could recycle those instead, perhaps?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

Everyone can relax and be happy again. Letizia has showed up today in a nice new (as far as I know anyway) outfit!!! Check out the activities of the SPanish Royal Family!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Letizia's outfit today:
http://i31.tinypic.com/24ms2aa.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/opbe36.jpg
ANP

This is maybe a little off-topic , but I just wondered: Isn't it already quite warm in Spain?

I mean: during her latest events Letizia always used to wear such long-sleeved coats... while it's already quite warm outside.
Well, but then it's possibly still much hotter in Germany right now then it is in Spain.
Letizia's outfits look more like Autumn-outfits then Spring/Summer-outfits.

Apart from that purple really suits her. I adore her little purse.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photo of the bag, Her_Majesty. I love it-very cute!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.

I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe.

Letizia looks BEAUTIFUL in violet!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe
Perhaps that is the point though, she may NOT want it to seem as though she has a large wardrobe.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Well I think she looks lovely in most of all outfits, some of them makes her look more thin than she is like that red dress wicht I think it was really awful and didn't make any good to her figure, but at the end I think what matters ios her image and I think that she has a very good image in all her apperances, if we forget that she recycles that suit two days ago, if we forget her peep toe shoes to big for her foot, if we forget her grey and boring suits with those tops, if we forget all of it we can consider that in all events she has a very beautiful figure and that she represents Spain very well!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Letizia's outfit today:
http://i31.tinypic.com/24ms2aa.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/opbe36.jpg
ANP
Letizia's outfits look more like Autumn-outfits then Spring/Summer-outfits.
This shade of purple really suits her. I love the outfit, its very elegent & flattering. The coat is beautiful, the fabric is new for Letizia & can very dressy. I think this is a perfect spring outfit for such a formal event imo but could also work very well in Autum
Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She really tried too hard to promote Varela's latest clothes. With the clothes he made the last couple of years, I bet he hasn't been doing too well .
Except for the recycle she looks very nice today. Her outfit matches very well Felipe's white uniform .

From lula
http://i28.tinypic.com/29pp1ls.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/fo21qr.jpg
Is Varela popular at all I mean in the sense that Senora X is keen to wear his stuff? Given he's so average and with partly poor quality I imagine that he might be struggling to claim his market niche as women in good working positions can easily spend a few quit more and get a better quality.

I understand from Letizia's perspective that dressing high class designer might lead to people like Penelope Cruz wearing the same outfit - by chance - what Zarzuela probably doesn't want to see and what won't happen when chosing Varela.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

In Spain, Varela isnot a great designer. Thre´re more great designer such as Roberto Verino, V & L , Pedro del Hierro, Purificación García and much more.

I saw Varela outfits in a market and they´re horribles. I don´t like Letizia´s outfits
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
but at the end I think what matters ios her image and I think that she has a very good image in all her apperances, if we forget that she recycles that suit two days ago, if we forget her peep toe shoes to big for her foot, if we forget her grey and boring suits with those tops, if we forget all of it we can consider that in all events she has a very beautiful figure and that she represents Spain very well!
I do agree with you!
Letizia has a nice image, but she'd better get rid of Varela and buy nicer shoes.
Her last purple outfit was really nice, maybe the colour was a bit too bright, but , definitely it is a nice outfit.
The shoes are really ugly!
Bulls Press
Bulls Press
There must be a reason if they take so often close pics only of her shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olili View Post
In Spain, Varela isnot a great designer. Thre´re more great designer such as Roberto Verino, V & L , Pedro del Hierro, Purificación García and much more.

I saw Varela outfits in a market and they´re horribles. I don´t like Letizia´s outfits
IMO, she should choose a better designer. Letizia says that she is not interested in clothes, but she represents Spain in the world, as the other Spanish Royals, so she should wear the best clothes avaible in Spain, but with a royal style too. They have the chance to promote Spanish Fashion, so, why not?
IMO, of course.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

By wearing Spanish designers she is promoting Spanish fashion.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
By wearing Spanish designers she is promoting Spanish fashion.
But she should promote the best designers, the best Spanish Fashion, not Varela. Varela cannot compete with famous and great French, Italian, etc, stylists. There are by far better designers in Spain.
Promoting Varela fashion in order to promote Spanish Fashion is a waste of time and a damage for the image of Spanish fashion in the world.
IMO, of course.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

There are better designers but maybe Letizia wants to be known for more than just her wardrobe. Secondly she clealry does not spend as much on clothes as the Queen of Cristina, so isn't it likely therefore that she has a smaller budget?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There are better designers but maybe Letizia wants to be known for more than just her wardrobe. Secondly she clealry does not spend as much on clothes as the Queen of Cristina, so isn't it likely therefore that she has a smaller budget?
I totally disagree with you but I prefer to stop it here.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Varela is the worst option of all. We can see every day that he doesn't have the slightest idea how to dress a royal.
I don't know why it is suggested from time to time that nice clothes don't really matter for a princess, especially for Letizia whose alledged intelligence and terrific performance sets her miles apart from these other poor CPs or even Queens who need to become clotheshorses to be recognized. But maybe I only have a different idea of how royals should dress - certainly not like the most average person on the streets using the same low budget "designer" all the time. Work is one thing, clothes another one and a good balance is helpful.

Even Queen Sofia, who is certainly known for more than just her wardrobe doesn't wear sackcloth and ashes and neither does one of her daughters. Letizia used to be very aware of her appearance in former days but not anymore - not sure what the Asturias use their share of the household budget for, maybe paying off the mortgage on Felipe's Zarzuela residence? 11 bedrooms and and nine bathrooms don't come cheap, that's for sure.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Varela is the worst option of all. We can see every day that he doesn't have the slightest idea how to dress a royal.
I don't know why it is suggested from time to time that nice clothes don't really matter for a princess, especially for Letizia whose alledged intelligence and terrific performance sets her miles apart from these other poor CPs or even Queens who need to become clotheshorses to be recognized. But maybe I only have a different idea of how royals should dress - certainly not like the most average person on the streets using the same low budget "designer" all the time. Work is one thing, clothes another one and a good balance is helpful.

Even Queen Sofia, who is certainly known for more than just her wardrobe doesn't wear sackcloth and ashes and neither does one of her daughters. Letizia used to be very aware of her appearance in former days but not anymore - not sure what the Asturias use their share of the household budget for, maybe paying off the mortgage on Felipe's Zarzuela residence? 11 bedrooms and and nine bathrooms don't come cheap, that's for sure.
I totally agree with you on this matter. She definately needs to dump some of her current designers. Also, I am in full agreement that CPs do need to set a higher standard as far as appearance. A better balance is needed in Letizia's case. She is absolutely stunning and I'd love to see more effort from her in the wardrobe department.

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion