Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks like a journalist in these pictures and not like a princess.
I have had a hard time pinpointing what isn't clicking for me and journalist look is it, thanks for naming the look. I like her dress and skirt attire for her appearances as it doesn't highlight her fragile figure. Something about the narrow legged trousers and her "play" clothes on vacation makes her look unhealthy. Since the camera adds ten pounds I don't think I would want to err on that side of thin. I am not envious, rather just wishing for the best.

I do love it when she is dressing up, she is stunning at most evening events.

A couple of unseen outfits:
Letizia and Felipe closed a medical conference in Girona on the 23th May, this was not an official act.
BrunoPress
BrunoPress
Letizia and Felipe celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary and spend three days in Costa Brava with Leonor and Sofia.
BrunoPress
BrunoPress

Last edited:
the black kurta style top is lovely, has anyone know wicht brand is?

From this collection? I have seen the web site and I could't see it! I will go today to the store and ask!

Last edited:
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia during the Caja Madrid Foundation Grants:

Letizia wore the same gray dress she used to wear twice lately, with the same red belt and the same coat.
No variation at all. :ermm:

http://www.madrid.org/lapresidencia/img/noticias/20080528/01_ampliada_02.jpg
http://www.madrid.org/lapresidencia/img/noticias/20080528/01_ampliada_06.jpg

I don't mind recycling... but I don't like seeing exactly the same outfit (without a single sign of variation) 3 times within a few weeks.

Maybe the other three outfits her wardrobe seems to consist of these days were at the dry cleaner and that other pair of shoes at the shoemaker, meaning there was no other choice for Letizia than wearing this combo again.

I doubt that Duke of Marmalade she must have thousands of suits like this!!!! But recycle a suit so soon it's tottaly wrong in my opinion! But she looks nice, her image is fantastic with everything she wears, although some suits are not my favorite ones but she looks good in everything.
Does anyone know if that black burka is from this spring/summer Mango collection? I will go to the store today! Thank you all!

Last edited:
I doubt that Duke of Marmalade she must have thousands of suits like this!!!! But recycle a suit so soon it's tottaly wrong in my opinion! But she looks nice, her image is fantastic with everything she wears, although some suits are not my favorite ones but she looks good in everything.
Does anyone know if that black burka is from this spring/summer Mango collection? I will go to the store today! Thank you all!

I totally agree. there is no need to have a lot of outfits. she just need us to forget when she wore it last time. :flowers:

The links don't work LadyFinn so I saved the photos.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/FELIPE.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/PRINCESOFASTURIASANNIVERS_4.jpg

Both outfits are lovely, the cappucino skirt is very pretty and the black kurta style top is a nice look.
These two outfits are lovely, I would like to see more like these on her more often. This tannish outfit and the purple one she wore last week were great. They are feminine without being fussy, which I think is what she is after. On another note, I do love the grey dress with the coat and colored belt, but like most of you, she brought this one back out of the closet way too soon.

May 30th, Speech at inauguration of Annual Meeting of European Foodbanks

http://i26.tinypic.com/2j633o0.jpg (thanks to lula)

Letizia's events more or less become groundhog day ;) Same combination at least worn twice in the last weeks, the shoes are a recycled variation but not the best choice here. What I am really tired of are the earrings. They look nice but why wear them over and over again.

Yes she is wearing a lot of white skirt and white blouse and brown light belt!!!!! The coat is a variation but the colours of the suit are always some ligth brown colours!

I like her outfit (without the shoes). The white dress is lovely, as well as the coat.

The shoes are nice aswell, but IMO they don't match the outfit.

I mean: beige shoes with a grey-white outfit (and a white purse)? Not the best choice.
But at least she didn't wear those hideous plateau-heels.

So, apart of the colour of the shoes, Letizia looked great. Nice fashion choice.

The outfits are lovely but its a shame how much she is recycling them in such a small amount of time which I dont like. I mean she does have other things to wear & to mix-match.

The outfits are lovely but its a shame how much she is recycling them in such a small amount of time which I dont like. I mean she does have other things to wear & to mix-match.
I think the way she recycles her clothes is deliberate. Just like the way she had several years of going to acts with Felipe before she finally goes on her on.

What I don't understand is she has other clothes in her wardrobe from her first year of marriage (her best year for fashion) and God knows she hasn't grown out of them. Why is it always the same exact outfit?!
Is it that hard to go into your closet, pull some clothes out, lay them on the bed, and mix and match them until you come up with something that looks good??!!

I have the very same sentiment Sassy!

Im all for recycling, but if she's not going to mix and match, perhaps a longer period of time between each wearing...

Ahem... Used to get excited about Letizia's wide selection of clothings... But lately, all of a sudden, it's the same few dresses, coats, shoe (that black pump, I think) all over and over and over and over and over and over again... What ever happened to those from 2004-2005? She could recycle those instead, perhaps?

Everyone can relax and be happy again. Letizia has showed up today in a nice new (as far as I know anyway) outfit!!! Check out the activities of the SPanish Royal Family!

It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.

Letizia's outfit today:
http://i31.tinypic.com/24ms2aa.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/opbe36.jpg
ANP

This is maybe a little off-topic , but I just wondered: Isn't it already quite warm in Spain?

I mean: during her latest events Letizia always used to wear such long-sleeved coats... while it's already quite warm outside.
Well, but then it's possibly still much hotter in Germany right now then it is in Spain. ;)
Letizia's outfits look more like Autumn-outfits then Spring/Summer-outfits.

Apart from that purple really suits her. I adore her little purse.

Thanks for the photo of the bag, Her_Majesty. I love it-very cute!

It's just a guess but it's perfectly possible that many of Letizia's earlier wardrobe was borrowed from designers and has since been returned.

Personally I think it's better for Letizia to concentrate on her activities and be known for being frugal, rather than extravagant. After all, other Royal women have been labelled as such and it can be a difficult tag to shake in the future.

I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe.

Letizia looks BEAUTIFUL in violet! :ROFLMAO:

I was actually thinking the same thing; maybe she doesn't wear her old clothes because she no longer has them.

There's nothing wrong with being frugal, just be creative and interchange your clothing so it looks as if you have a large wardrobe
Perhaps that is the point though, she may NOT want it to seem as though she has a large wardrobe.

Well I think she looks lovely in most of all outfits, some of them makes her look more thin than she is like that red dress wicht I think it was really awful and didn't make any good to her figure, but at the end I think what matters ios her image and I think that she has a very good image in all her apperances, if we forget that she recycles that suit two days ago, if we forget her peep toe shoes to big for her foot, if we forget her grey and boring suits with those tops, if we forget all of it we can consider that in all events she has a very beautiful figure and that she represents Spain very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom