The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Crown Princess Letizia looked nice in the sleeveless white dress. The dress fitted her figure well. However, I do not like sleeveless shirts or dresses on very slim people such as Crown Princess Letizia.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

At the Military Academy of Zaragoza
A recycled dress. I don't like the color of the dress and the shoulder pads Varela used to love so much.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2r6ntkn.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/16m81es.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2yyr3fn.jpg

Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I don't like the colour either. The cut isn't very flattering either. It makes her look like she had no waist.
I don't like this Safari-look on her.

The white dress she wore for the Expo was lovely. I wonder if the belt is part of it or if Letizia just added it.

But then again..the shoes... I just don't get it. They ruin nearly every outfit.
She should wear heels without platform, or at least with a smaller, decent one.
Like those, for example. They wouldn't make her feet look that giantly.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I don't like the colour either. The cut isn't very flattering either. It makes her look like she had no waist.
I don't like this Safari-look on her.
This dress was from the period of time when Varela was making the most unflattering clothes for her. Why didn't she recycle some of very nice clothes she wore in 2004-2005. If those clothes were borrowed from Varela, then why did she buy this ugly dress ?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
But do you know for a fact that she doesn't have a professional clothes buyer that does in fact bring samples and photos of fashions and then orders them for her -- eliminating the NEED for her to shop. A good buyer will also tell the client where to wear what item. While not an exclusive full time position for one person, a good buyer has only a few clients that take 100% of her time.

I read that this is exactly what Maxima and Mary [and many others] now employ whereas the young Spanish Royals never employed one. Just wanted to know if this was true fact or not, not an opinion.

I personally know a few busy professional women that in fact employ professional buyers and am shocked that all Royals don't use this service
As I said in the events threads it seems a fact that Letizia does not have a professional clothes buyer or professional help with her wardrobe in the wider sense. Why? It is beyond me because Letizia could only benefit: She would look better and more organized and save lots of time = quality time for her family. Professional help would not transform the Princess into a fashion victim but provide a better co-ordination or variety and a second opinion of a person who has got a feeling for appearance. In terms of money, what is affordable for business women should be affordable for Princess Letizia too.

Very often her wardrobe is not organized at all, looks like dressed in the very last second, dragging something from the front of the wardrobe and slipping into the first pair of shoes available. It's basically a too strong focus on what could be nice once or twice: Varela has nice coats but other items are average quality or plain ugly; the platform peeptoes can look nice but are not suitable as everyday look and don't suit Letizia's figure, same goes for the skinny pants. A person who could advise her from time to time would only be helpful and not harm anyone.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

None of the SRF women has a stylist. In order to break the 'trandition', it will take some time, esp. Zarzuela is currently under the King . If Letizia sometimes treats herself to the Valentino coutures as her mother-in-law at the galas, or wears Armani to the big celebrations as her sister-in-law Cristina (I always think Armani fits Letizia perfectly since it's mostly tailored for very thin women), then Varela's awful clothes would soon be forgotten and she wouldn't need a stylist (a good stylist charges a lot of money per hour).
Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Whether Letizia gets a stylist or not, there will be 3 different camps. The first will find something wrong in whatever she wears, the second will like everything she wears, and there are others who like her for what she does and not for what she wears.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
Whether Letizia gets a stylist or not, there will be 3 different camps. The first will find something wrong in whatever she wears, the second will like everything she wears, and there are others who like her for what she does and not for what she wears.
Put like that, you are probably correct. I personally feel that she is an extremely hard working woman and an asset to her country and the Royal Family of Spain as their future queen. Plus, and MOST IMPORTANT, her husband adores her and isn't afraid to show it
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Audiences July 15th

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2008/07/15/847851.jpg (thanks to Lady Finn)

The skirt is a repeat from the wedding anniversary appearance on May 22nd. Nice summery colour but ruined by a too tight & casual cardigan plus the usual ugly shoes. She looks so fragile and worn out ... people keep coming up with anorexia but I don't think so ... guess losing weight is rather her reaction to being stressed out by royal life & work. Unfortunately this will continue for the rest of her life ... and being PoA is probably only a joke compared to what she will have to face as Queen.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia today at the audiences. I like the skirt (the same one she wore on the day of their 4th wedding anniversary), the sweater is bit too casual.

http://apa.confessmedia.com/cm/UjI8m...15_PDI4776.jpg
http://apa.confessmedia.com/cm/UjI8m...15_PDI4739.jpg
http://apa.confessmedia.com/cm/UjI8m...15_PDI4752.jpg
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

I agree. I only like the skirt, it's very beautyful. Anyone knows the designer?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Majesty

i loved the skirt when i first saw it, it's definitely different from what she tends to go for, but the whole outfit looked much nicer the other time. maybe it's the cardigan...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I also love the skirt it is very different and the colours are great!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Close-up to the skirt yesterday:
APA-Picturedesk
The skirt is lovely!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

16th July 08
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...hos_marin1.jpg

Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The jacket is very Varela, just about the only style Varela has been doing the last 3 years. The whole outfit is OK, Letizia seems to be fond of purple color recently.
Another picture
Picture details
Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Close-up to the skirt yesterday:
APA-Picturedesk
The skirt is lovely!
Yes it is really lovely, different and with fashion uptodate colours and makes her look fuller, really love the skirt and I think it really suits very well Letizia
Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
The jacket is very Varela, just about the only style Varela has been doing the last 3 years. The whole outfit is OK, Letizia seems to be fond of purple color recently.
Another picture
Picture details
Noticias breves de actualidad
at least no ugly zipper. nice outfit, suits very well.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

CP Letizia on a fashion fair:
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1

great look for her. green as well as red are the best colours for Letizia
Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am divided if Letizia's arms are bony or skinny or if they are on the verge of looking like Madonna's. However the green dress is very pretty and she looks good and most important of all fresh and chic, I wish she would open a fashion fair every day

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion