Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 29: November 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Princess of the Asturias looks sensational today..

Dare we hope she has 'upped her game' ?

:whistling:I must say PL looks fabulous today in her white dress and jacket. Very stunning indeed, elegant and chic all rolled into one........wow:flowers::)!
I did notice that the dress is sleeveless and has one shoulder, in looking at a lot of pictures from an earlier comment the outfit is really sexy yet, done so in a professional way. The jacket is beyond beautiful, this outfit is a keeper!
Queen Sophia looked very nice in yellow, this is the first time I have seen her in this color and it is becoming on her. I like the suit except for the bottom of the skirt, looks like a Channel suit, maybe? She looks so tired and drained, hoping when this is all over, she finds some peace and happiness in life.

She looks really angelic in white-the shoes are a great contrast to the suit (but in a flattering way).:flowers:

The jacket is FABULOUS! And it fits her perfectly. If there were anything I would say is that next time, get the skirt that matches the jacket or don't wear the one shoulder dress (it's a little odd with the jacket). Everything else is darn near perfect, and she's wearing a great pair of earrings!

Letizia looks wonderful. Her outfit is fresh, professional and summery.

Dare we hope she has 'upped her game' ?

I hope she has and will continue to do so as Queen. Another thing I hope for is for Letizia to experiment with more hairstyles, since we often see the same one on her nearly all the time and sometimes it looks a little unkempt. But perhaps she's one of those people (like me), who enjoy wearing the same hairstyle.

Last edited:
:whistling:I must say PL looks fabulous today in her white dress and jacket. Very stunning indeed, elegant and chic all rolled into one........wow:flowers::)!
I did notice that the dress is sleeveless and has one shoulder, in looking at a lot of pictures from an earlier comment the outfit is really sexy yet, done so in a professional way. The jacket is beyond beautiful, this outfit is a keeper!
Queen Sophia looked very nice in yellow, this is the first time I have seen her in this color and it is becoming on her. I like the suit except for the bottom of the skirt, looks like a Channel suit, maybe? She looks so tired and drained, hoping when this is all over, she finds some peace and happiness in life.
I do agree with you. The off the shoulder on one side dress is so modern but very classy with the lace jacket to cover
. A very up-to-date modern future queen. Hope she continues this trendy and classic combined style.

Good to see Letizia recycle the lovely dress once again, and this time combined with a beautiful jacket. She looked so elegant, every inch a future queen.

Letizia certainly looks good in white and white lace gives it the feminine finish it needed. But, I am not so sure that she should have worn it over a one-shouldered dress because it makes the neckline a little odd. That being said, the pencil line of the skirt is very beautiful on her.

The jacket is FABULOUS! And it fits her perfectly. If there were anything I would say is that next time, get the skirt that matches the jacket or don't wear the one shoulder dress (it's a little odd with the jacket). Everything else is darn near perfect, and she's wearing a great pair of earrings!

This is a classic case of "recession chic" - something old, something new, all looking fabulous together.

She knows every move of hers is being watched, and the naysayers will be looking for every opportunity to criticise. The last thing she will do is to wear expensive new clothes all the time.

Love the jacket and the one shouldered dress - great combo. She looked fab and lovely to see the pearl and diamond earrings returning.

Since the abdiction annoucement she has been spot on with her choices and very polished looking - a great future modern young Queen look

June 11, 2014 - Pant suit with a white top underneath.

Love the suit! Its tailoring is quite well made. I quite like that the top underneath is not plain. Hair looks lovely!

Close up ** Full view ** Hair

Professional and pretty. The hair pulled back looks nice with the outfit. It looks as if she is going to take her new (upcoming) role seriously. And if I may add, she has looked more and more confident/relaxed at events since Juan Carlos' announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too crazy about her top, although it goes well with her blazer/jacket. I like the colour combinations used and I'm pleased to see a new hairstyle!

She's the former TV journalist turned princess who is set to become Queen of Spain within weeks. But Princess Letizia is famous for more than simply being the wife of the Spanish king-in-waiting.
The 41-year-old mother-of-two has also carved out a name for herself as a royal style icon and even, on one memorable occasion, managed to outshine the ultra-glamorous Carla Bruni.
Her current wardrobe of tailored sheath dresses, sky-scraping court shoes and eye-catching jewels is all a far cry from her early days as a newsreader, when she embraced the bland Armani suit and was rarely seen in public wearing anything else.

From frumpy TV newsreader to the most glamorous Queen in Europe! Princess Letizia has had a right royal makeover since marrying into the Spanish monarchy | Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
12 June: Princess Letizia wears a suit whilst visiting the Archaeological Museum in Madrid, Spain. I like the colour combination although am not a huge fan of her top or clutch:

Full view ~ Close-up

The Duchess of Cambridge better watch out, there's a new royal poised to steal her style crown.
She may have only come to our attention a few short weeks ago, but Princess Letizia has already carved out a name for herself as a royal style icon, showcasing some serious fashion credentials on every single one of her royal engagements.
The 41-year-old mother-of-two's wardrobe of tailored sheath dresses, sky-scraping court shoes and eye-catching jewels is much more daring than the play-it-safe style of the former Kate Middleton.
Her choice of outfit at today's inauguration of the exhibition 'El Ultimo Viaje de la Fragata Mercedes' (The Last Voyage of the Frigate Mercedes) at the National Archaeological museum in Madrid was case in point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2656342/Princess-Letizia-Madrid-Prince-Felipe.html

I love the tailoring of the jacket and pants, but I don't care for the top or the clutch with it's animal print.

I love the tailoring of the jacket and pants, but I don't care for the top or the clutch with it's animal print.

The suit looks so big on her, but I do like this style much better than the navy one she wore recently. Love these shoes so much more than the peep toe style she wears.

Letizia Ortiz was many things before her marriage to Felipe. "Frumpy" was not one of them.

It's becoming more and more difficult to see The Daily Mail as anything other than a mass-market comic strip.:ermm:

The suit looks so big on her, but I do like this style much better than the navy one she wore recently. Love these shoes so much more than the peep toe style she wears.
I loved the junior navy suit as well, it looked terrific and the blouse added a touch of femininity without being fussy. A lovely "look".

Now to the beige/putty/neutral trouser suit. First off, Letizia is one of the rare women who really look good in neutral colours. However, I thought both the trousers the jacket were a little too big for her and while I liked the tunic top with it's wonderfully complimentary colour and style, I thought the slit down the front couldn't help but draw the eye to her bustline.

All in all, Letizia definitely does seem to be upping her game. It is not that she didn't have a wardrobe to die for that was the problem. It was what she chose to wear to specific engagements that often raised eyebrows but, that did not include evening wear because in that area she has pretty much aced it.

As to the Daily Fail reporting her being set to steal the Duchess of Cambridge's Style Crown . . . you have got to be kidding. Because the DM is only just catching up with the rest of Europe they are merely showing their ignorance. Catherine is a mere beginner in the style stakes whereas Letizia was a television frontperson, in an industry famed for it's shallow standards of "Perfection" before she even met the CP of Spain. Now, with ten years as a Crown Princess under her belt, she is perfectly groomed and dressed in her own inimitable style.

ps: I have to admit I love her penchant for pant suits. Besides being elegant they leave little chance for wardrobe malfunctions.

I love this post MARG...every word. But especially your remarks about the DAILY FAIL and it's insistence on comparing every other Royal lady to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Letizia was an elegant and put together professional woman before anyone on the planet knew Kate's name except her friends and family!

Letizia Ortiz was many things before her marriage to Felipe. "Frumpy" was not one of them.

It's becoming more and more difficult to see The Daily Mail as anything other than a mass-market comic strip.:ermm:

Wow, do I agree with that. Getting worse then National Inquirer, Star, etc. Nothing but made-up scandal sheets.

I just wish she would lose those peep-toed shoes... Nit picking aside, she will be a beautiful Queen.

I just wish she would lose those peep-toed shoes... Nit picking aside, she will be a beautiful Queen.

I agree on the shoes. They look horrible with pants not to mention long gowns.

Letizia looks nice and professional. Her hair also looks neat and tidy today. I guess I'm the odd one out here since I don't mind her shoes and the peep-toe bit doesn't bother me a lot.

Letizia looks nice and professional. Her hair also looks neat and tidy today. I guess I'm the odd one out here since I don't mind her shoes and the peep-toe bit doesn't bother me a lot.

Peep toe shoes are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom