Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 27: February 2013 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked all outfits from her, all of them had the "special something", extremly elegant without the attempt to overshadow the new Queen of the day:
- Black lace dress with tiara (aaah, again after a looong time, what a relief)
- Grey/silver with hat, simply wonderful (aaah, and her hats are getting better and better as well, they suit her so well)
- Blue dress - one of my all-time favourites from her (but I guess, whe wore it already at a big Royal gathering, cannot remember which one....)

Bye Bine

Letizia's grey dress was absolutely beautiful - but too much alike the black one the previous evening. And the hat (from Maria Nieto) isn't the best possible. The grey dress is better for tiara and evening events, and Letizia will look fabulous in it then. The dress looked to be out of place at a day ceremony.

This grey/silver dress is lovely although I agree with some members that it's not suitable for the event.
I for once think the dress is well tailored and the lace is good quality.
Varela has accustomed us to the worst ,I mean the bad application of lacy flowers like here
Letizia, deslumbrante y fiel a Varela - Felipe, Letiza y la reina Sofía en la cena previa a la boda real
Le look de la princesse Letizia au mariage du Prince de Luxembourg | Gossip Today
Doña Letizia, fiel a Felipe Varela | Vogue

From front view the fascinator is good but it's ugly from a side view,it looks as if a plate was smashed on her jaw like one else said.
I dislike the shoes

The color isn't working for me...but She looks beautiful though.
I agree. On TV the colour was IMO really ugly, it looks better on pictures, but still not working for me.

I actually like the hat. It suits her much better than e.g. the hat she wore in Luxembourg. And it adds something new/different to an often repeated dress style.

The blue/grey-ish lace dress was so much better than the black dress the evening before. Having said that, it's hard to understand why Letizia continues to wear Varela almost exclusively, I wonder what the other Spanish top class designer think who would well deserve a promotion of their creations.

Varela is so boring and predictable - lace dress with applications. We've seen it with the black dress, now with the grey dress (two dresses in a row at one event almost identical apart from the colour), his nude dress at the Swedish wedding was more or less the same style, as well as his other short lace dresses Letizia has worn in the last weeks.

As other posters already said, this dress didnt look good on the occasion but deserves a proper gala event to shine. I hated the hat, I think the angle of the satellite dish is wrong and when looking for afar, eg in the group picture, you can only see that thingy on top of Letizia's head. And then of course those open toe shoes ... so wrong for gala wear.

The dress itself would go for best dressed for me, but the hat & shoes spoil it for me.

From front view the fascinator is good but it's ugly from a side view,it looks as if a plate was smashed on her jaw like one else said.
I agree. I think the fascinator looks really pretty if you look at it from this vantage point. But I don't really like this side view.
The dress was lovely.

Letizia's outfit today:
Full view ** Side View ** Close-up Jacket ** Shoes

I don't know.. I somehow don't like the jacket with the skirt. The skirt itself looks nice. About the leather jacket: I don't think the shoulder pads really suit Letizia. The shoes are nice.

That jacket is very 80's and too much for her tiny frame. The whole thing is a mishmash of disparate pieces.

That jacket is very 80's and too much for her tiny frame. The whole thing is a mishmash of disparate pieces.

Yes, she has 4-5 different looks going on. None of them bad separately, but together not so nice.

I think she looks great-the colors are subtle enough that the tan/camel don't clash with the pink of the shirt, and everything is pulled together by the shoes and bag.

strange outfit. i love the shoes. the skirt is nice but the application on it doesnt work with the leather jacket and all its frills. the jacket is ugly imo, the top works well with the shoes.

ugly outfit... the skirt looks quite pretty but not with that jacket...

strange outfit. i love the shoes. the skirt is nice but the application on it doesnt work with the leather jacket and all its frills. the jacket is ugly imo, the top works well with the shoes.

It really is an ugly jacket,infact the entire outfit is all over the place.

There is way too much going on in that outfit, the skirt detailing, the leather jacket with detailing and the top that looks like it belongs on a little girl. The only thing that is nice is her shoes.

I agree!The pieces by themselves-the jacket,the shoes,the bag,the skirt and the lovely top are very beautiful and special, but put together in one outfit they are just too much.
A simple black skirt with no details would have looked better in this combination, but I absolutely love the design of the feminine leather jacket and her soft pink top plus the accessoires she used.

I agree with dazzling, up to a point. I don't like her shoes! lol

Stood next to her husband in a suit and a tie she looks like a stand in for the real Letizia.

Biker jackets are the new in thing are they?

Not liking this, but mainly because I'm just not a fan of anything leather, except shoes and bags.

Last edited:

This outfit is one of my favorite looks from Letizia. It's classic and elegant. Beautiful color as well. She looks fantastic!

10/5/2013 Spanish Royals Attend the Flag Ceremony in Madrid

Repeated Varela suit, looks so much better than the grocery-shopping-like outfits of recent years, ill-fitted pants, mini skirts & ugly leather jackets

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attend+New+Royal+Guards+Flag+_igIwqm_3F3l.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attend+New+Royal+Guards+Flag+_igIwqm_3F3l.jpg

Really love this look. She looks very lovely.

Repeated Varela suit, looks so much better than the grocery-shopping-like outfits of recent years, ill-fitted pants, mini skirts & ugly leather jackets

A very elegant look. I'm glad she recycled this suit.

I saw your description, opened the links (they are both the same, BTW), and was wondering am I reading the same thing I am looking at :ROFLMAO:. Took me a while... ;).

I like the suit, very elegant, spring like, fresh and professional. Letizia looks very nice.

Princess Letizia at the Inauguration of King Willem-Alexander

Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Hat-Close up

Amazing. Wonderful. Lovely. Love the whole look - colour, shape, dress, lace, hat - all of it. Letizia looked simply perfect! A princess in every inch!!

I agree. I think the fascinator looks really pretty if you look at it from this vantage point. But I don't really like this side view.
The dress was lovely.

Letizia's outfit today:
Full view ** Side View ** Close-up Jacket ** Shoes

I don't know.. I somehow don't like the jacket with the skirt. The skirt itself looks nice. About the leather jacket: I don't think the shoulder pads really suit Letizia. The shoes are nice.

I like each and every piece of the outfit, but not together. It looks like pieces are great separately, but they just don't work out in one outfit. Love the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your description, opened the links (they are both the same, BTW), and was wondering am I reading the same thing I am looking at :ROFLMAO:. Took me a while... ;).

I like the suit, very elegant, spring like, fresh and professional. Letizia looks very nice.

Thanks, I changed the links.

I mean, we've seen Letizia at military events looking like this ...
ImageBam
ImageBam

Amazing. Wonderful. Lovely. Love the whole look - colour, shape, dress, lace, hat - all of it. Letizia looked simply perfect! A princess in every inch!!

Fully agree.
And: this is the 3rd time we have seen her in a hat. And: it seems, she has more and more fun experiencing with it. Moe and more brave with the look & feel of the hat.
Bye Bine

I really like this jacket but I don't like the skirt, It looks too casual with that jacket. She should've worn the suit skirt or a more formal looking skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom