Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 27: February 2013 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice and casual look for Letizia. Perfect for a day out and about.

Rather blah, and I just do not like capri pants on Letizia!

It's a very normal outfit nothing special ,, but Nice one , but I have different opinion about the pants
I liked it , I am a fun of ankle pants specially with Skinny cut sort of like this one
I always like this shoes , she looks good .

July 5, 2013 - Letizia in grey pants, white long sleeved top matched with a black belt and suede flats. Quite a pretty look, simple and professional.

Full view ** Close up

She looks pretty, but it´s a very inapropriate look, IMO.

She needed a suit jacket with those pants to emphasize a more professional look for the military occasion with Felipe and others in uniform.

Last edited:
I don't even think it's a good look. I dislike the flats.

Letizia's outfit is far too casual for the event that was taking place.

Call me old fashioned, but I find this insulting. She looks terrific, nice outfit, to go to a school conference, not for a military event where other women are dressed in skirts and her husband is in a uniform.

This is a nice look, but not appropriate for this engagement. As others have stated, a suit would have been a better choice.

It seems to me that the younger generation of individuals who have married into their roles are often [with notable exceptions] unable or unwilling to subsume their personal views [or prejudices] on some areas of their role, in favour of the behaviour/dress expected of them as representatives of the Royal House to which they belong ?
Perhaps the casual attire of the Princes of the Asturias at Military functions, or the Princess of Monaco's reluctance to wear jewellry illustrate this nascent independence of thought ?

July 5, 2013 - Letizia in grey pants, white long sleeved top matched with a black belt and suede flats. Quite a pretty look, simple and professional.

Full view ** Close up

Yes, a nice pretty look for another occasion. Not this one.

I'll take the educated guess that Letizia is too intelligent not to do this on purpose. Maybe she just isn't into the military.

I'm not so sure it isn't intentional. She may not be into the military, but you'd think with her husband standing next to her in his uniform she'd put a little more effort into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the educated guess that Letizia is too intelligent not to do this on purpose. Maybe she just isn't into the military.

It really must have a Special reason for her not "honoring" Military duties. Yes, she joined, but with the most casual Outfits, she is able to find in her wardrobe. Must be a reason for that. On the other Hand, her Father-in-Law may tell her, how important it may become having the Army behind you in "Special circumstances" :cool:.
BYe Bine

Being into something is not an excuse I would accept. She is married to the crown prince and aid the future queen. There will be a lot of things she won't be into but will have to attend and dress for it. She should know why now that standing next to a person in a full military attire, she should look very professional and equally the same IMO. Its like saying Letizia is in an evening gown and a tiara and Felipe is ready to go shopping in casual outfit. It doesn't work.

If she wants to protest against the classical women's wear (= skirt suit) she should at least wear a classy pant suit and not a casual/cheap combo.

Another case of rebellion against classical women's wear was the 2010 National Day, where Letizia showed up in blouse & ugly pants. The next years she was back in classical skirt suits, I guess her MIL said a word or two.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Letizia+Spain+National+Day+Royal+zOgcMU_DOkCl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom