The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
HRH wore a hat,left off those diamond star earings,I'm happy with that

Somehow I don't think Letizia likes hats much, I have this niggling feeling she doesn't feel comfy with them. Mind you, Queen Sofia detest them

Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post

Somehow I don't think Letizia likes hats much, I have this niggling feeling she doesn't feel comfy with them. Mind you, Queen Sofia detest them
I think all the Spanish royal ladies don't like hats full stop ( Well except for baseball hats )

Old 10-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Courtier

I just love Letizia in this outfit. From the tailored and very elegant lace coat to the combination of peach and pale aubergine shades, this look is strikingly beautiful. The best I have seen Letizia in a long time. Definitely the best dressed at the wedding.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Moving on from the wedding outfit, Letizia attended 'Premio Cervantes Chico' at Teatro Cervantes on October 22, 2012.
She wore a pink cardigan, knitted pattern skirt and ankle boots.

- The outfit
- Upper part
- Hair and makeup

Normally, I don't mind Letizia's short skirts, but this was somewhat too short, even with the black hosiery.
I kind of like the boots, but not with this outfit.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Majesty

I'm not crazy about this look. The skirt is indeed a bit on the short side, especially for someone Letizia's age. She's forty, not twenty-five. While she can still pull off skirts that are above the knee, mid-thigh is pushing it. The pink cardigan is nice, but perhaps not for this outfit. Don't want to say anything about the footwear, because I'm just not a fan of shooties.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Moving on from the wedding outfit, Letizia attended 'Premio Cervantes Chico' at Teatro Cervantes on October 22, 2012.
She wore a pink cardigan, knitted pattern skirt and ankle boots.

- The outfit
- Upper part
- Hair and makeup

Normally, I don't mind Letizia's short skirts, but this was somewhat too short, even with the black hosiery.
I kind of like the boots, but not with this outfit.
Agree about the skirt being a bit too short, although Letizia's figure is just right for it. She may be 40 but she has a body of a 20 something.
That aside, I like the skirt very much, but would see a different top with it. The cardigan seem a bit too light of a material to fit the heaviness of the skirt. Don't mind the shoes, think somehow they look good as the skirt is of a wintery material, it fits.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
... The cardigan seem a bit too light of a material to fit the heaviness of the skirt. Don't mind the shoes, think somehow they look good as the skirt is of a wintery material, it fits.
To be fair, I just noticed Letizia had a black jacket on in some of the pictures outside, which should counter the heavy material of the skirt.
This said, I'm not a big fan of combining jackets and cardigans; too many buttons in one outfit for me!

- The outfit with jacket on
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Serene Highness

Probably the jacket looked good with the skirt, both being of quite heavy meterials, you are correct.
And I agree about too many buttons, the top should have been different.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Courtier

She wore that skirt recently with matching jacket, it looks really good on her. I don't mind the shortness since she's wearing black tights. The cardigan doesn't go with it, and no comment about the shoes...
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Courtier

Letizia seems to be very fond the cardigan look which does come across as being very casual. However, this skirt needed a smart jacket to complete the outfit. The cardigan, more especially the shade, does not match at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm not crazy about this look. The skirt is indeed a bit on the short side, especially for someone Letizia's age. She's forty, not twenty-five. While she can still pull off skirts that are above the knee, mid-thigh is pushing it. The pink cardigan is nice, but perhaps not for this outfit. Don't want to say anything about the footwear, because I'm just not a fan of shooties.

I'm in agreement. WAY too short for her. The shoes are horrible.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

I love the color and just the whole outfit Letitia is wearing :)
Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

The only part of this outfit that I have a problem with is the length of the skirt. Indeed too short for a woman in her 40's. If the skirt had been about 3 inches longer, I'd have said, 'good job Letizia".
Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Th shooties are fine because of the tights, but I think the skirt is far too short for an official engagement.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I'm in agreement. WAY too short for her. The shoes are horrible.
i think she got the figure and especially legs for it....so why not...(might be my superficial view)...anyway thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

October 25, 2012 - Letizia in black pants with a pink top and a tweed jacket.

I love the pink top with the black pants, I wish she went for a different jacket as the one she wore was a bit dull.

Close up ** Full view
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

For the PoA awards very underwhelming. A black pencil skirt might have saved the look.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

This jacket is divine, I have always loved it (and the whole suit, Letizia wore the skirt just the other day), and the top looks good with it. This outfit is appropriate for the hearings in Oviedo. She looks gorgeous. Great shoes too.
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/blog..._letizia11.gif
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/letizia2.gif
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Day 2 Audiences

Grey, matronly and boring - Queen Sofia looks far more stylish than her DIL

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www3.pictures.zim...UC7xRqEEwl.jpg
http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www3.pictures.zim...6EGaObtZvl.jpg
http://1.1.1.2/bmi/www1.pictures.zim...GE8-bsWfGl.jpg
Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Courtier

I think it's ok, yes a little grey but the cut is interesting.

BTW Duke what is it with your links lately, I can never open them unless I erase the "1.1.4" etc. before the actual link address.

Tags
crown princess letizia, letizia, princess letizia, princess letizia daytime fashion, princess letizia fashion, princess letizia outfits