Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 23: February 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 23 of the thread for Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion, Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

MADRID, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 14: Princess Letizia of Spain attends a meeting of the Federacion Espanola de Enfermedades Raras (FEDER)

Ugh, that is one horrible outfit, plastic winter coat, flimsy summer miniskirt, ugly booties
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...tizia-feder/0-196-485/princesa-letizia1-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...tizia-feder/0-196-486/princesa-letizia2-a.jpg

Recycled from March 2011
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...VVKAKMKTUJw/s1600/5515288664_7aed31764f_o.jpg

Oh, my, what in the Sam Hill is she wearing? :eek: This look is completely off the rails. I'll just take the handbag, if you please.

That is a very casual outfit, not fond of this look for an official event even though it was a meeting.

Not a good outing for Leti. Too many styles, textures and patterns to make this outfit work.

The skirt seems like its from the spring/summer collection, while the rest seems like dead-of-winter attire. Not my favorite! : (

I'm not liking this particular outfit.

Letizia today wore this dress from Ailanto

She looks hip. I love the shoes. The dress code at the meeting is not formal, she is alone, not with Felipe or the RF who usually dress very conservatively, her outfit is OK, suits a working Spanish woman.

Oh, my, what in the Sam Hill is she wearing? :eek: This look is completely off the rails. I'll just take the handbag, if you please.
:ROFLMAO:THat cracked me up Baroness........This is a yucky outfit.

Princess letizia I find her not dressed well on this day I think it's the flowery dress, it doesn't go well with leather

Somehow, she pulled it off. Modern but professional looking.

MADRID, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 14: Princess Letizia of Spain attends a meeting of the Federacion Espanola de Enfermedades Raras (FEDER)

Ugh, that is one horrible outfit, plastic winter coat, flimsy summer miniskirt, ugly booties
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...tizia-feder/0-196-485/princesa-letizia1-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...tizia-feder/0-196-486/princesa-letizia2-a.jpg

Recycled from March 2011
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...VVKAKMKTUJw/s1600/5515288664_7aed31764f_o.jpg

haha... You would think she's an immigrant from East Europe or something, looking for any kind of job. :p She cracked me up...
The bag looks relatively nice though.

She looks hip. I love the shoes. The dress code at the meeting is not formal, she is alone, not with Felipe or the RF who usually dress very conservatively, her outfit is OK, suits a working Spanish woman.

Might be fine for a working Spanish woman, but Letizia isn't the typical Spanish working woman. :flowers:

Might be fine for a working Spanish woman, but Letizia isn't the typical Spanish working woman. :flowers:

I agree with you Emmily,terrible outfit ,I'd be ashamed to call her a Crown Princess dressed like that!

I love the purse. Thank you, LadyFinn for providing a close-up of it.

I generally like what Letizia wears; unlike some she doesn't feel the need to be in Prada or Valentino all the time. But that is one seriously ugly coat, just awful.

Last edited:
working where or in what profession?

Everywhere maybe except for banks or some serious institution.

I tried to shop for clothes at Massimo Dutti (working clothes for women in general) a while ago and couldn't find a single dress which was not well above the knee. Even grandma politicians in Spain wear mini dresses/skirts, platform shoes. I guess maybe there is a culture difference among countries, but now in many countries (for example US or China I have been to recently), women wear mini dresses, platforms, leather jackets to work too.

I guess that's the image of 'an ordinary working woman' she tried to convey on some of the daily working events (although she overdid it in the military events last year, that was her fault). It doesn't seem the Spanish people had an issue with it, they actually like their royal family to be 'humble', hard working just like them IMO.
I disliked this leather jacket, too masculine, a leather jacket with the style that Rania wore in Italy would have been so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmily said:

You touched the point! This is the problem lately with Letizia. She was an ordinary Spanish woman, she became a a Princess and future Queen and now she tries to look what she was before! But this is not possible anymore!
This dress is low quality, again too short and shapeless! And this sport jacket with these booties!! All failed.
The bag is nice.

I agree with you Emmily,terrible outfit ,I'd be ashamed to call her a Crown Princess dressed like that!

[SIZE=-1]Fashion is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what other people wear.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]OSCAR WILDE, An Ideal Husband[/SIZE]

:previous: Absolutely correct! But it takes style, flair and passion to make your very own fashion statement. Think Helena Bonham Carter, not my cup of tea but we have come to expect her wearing her own style. Letizia is not in a position to make a personal fashion statement on that level. It is too radical and she is struggling to find her own particular niche.
The print is hideous!
The whole dress is actually very summery and quite attractive but we only get a view of the very bottom of the skirt and as the rest of the ensemble is very "winter" it is not surprising that it jars. The bulky scarf around her neck makes it look like she is wrapped up against the cold which looks odd with the short summer skirt making the whole ensemble look top-heavy. Definitely one of Letizia's misses.

Last edited:
I guess that's the image of 'an ordinary working woman' she tried to convey on some of the daily working events (although she overdid it in the military events last year, that was her fault). It doesn't seem the Spanish people had an issue with it, they actually like their royal family to be 'humble', hard working just like them IMO.
I disliked this leather jacket, too masculine, a leather jacket with the style that Rania wore in Italy would have been so much better.

The SRF certainly seem to be hardworking. But surely the Spanish people don't like to see the King, Queen and Prince dressed like the royals they are and the CP dressed like her husband's assistant? :flowers: Letizia is a member of the royal family. Don't they want to see her dress in a manner befitting that position?

I certainly haven't seen a lot of very short miniskirts and platforms in business settings where I live. Not if the woman wants to be taken seriously anyway. But it depends on the business I suppose.

Last edited:
The SRF certainly seem to be hardworking. But surely the Spanish people don't like to see the King, Queen and Prince dressed like the royals they are and the CP dressed like her husband's assistant? :flowers: Letizia is a member of the royal family. Don't they want to see her dress in a manner befitting that position?

It's normal for Spanish men wearing suits, on the other hand, women are more flexible with their clothes, professional or not, really depends on perception. The Queen belongs to a different generation, whatever she wears is no longer a topic. If Letizia wore the same expensive designer clothes her MIL wore all the time to befit her position, she would be in deep trouble IMO.
Mostly since last Sept, Letizia dressed quite formally with suits or dresses. Yesterday she went to a working meeting alone, her clothes are fine for a not so formal meeting at a non-profit organization.

Last edited:
Duke of Marmalade [url said:
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza/casa_espanola/2012021456962/princesa-letizia-feder/0-196-485/princesa-letizia1-a.jpg[/url]
Was the ensemble appropriate? Was it not? Does X or Y dress like that? Is it fashionable? Or is is not? Whatever! The coat looks cheap, the dress screams Summer and all the rest scream Winter. And I really don't like those booties. I have seen other princesses wearing them and I didn't like them either, especially with mini skirts and on women over 20 that are not top models with looooong legs.
And Letizia should consider wearing scarves less voluminous, her neck isn't long enough for them.

Everywhere maybe except for banks or some serious institution.

And I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me!

The dress was from the 2010 fall/winter collection, not for the summer.

And I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me!

Yes it's silly to twist words. Just because she is a member of the monarchy, it doesn't mean she should always dress in a two-piece suit or formal dress. The dress code at the meeting was not formal , thus nothing wrong with her clothes this time.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20120214_reunion_feder/Reunion.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom