Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 23: February 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's silly to twist words. Just because she is a member of the monarchy, it doesn't mean she should always dress in a two-piece suit or formal dress. The dress code at the meeting was not formal , thus nothing wrong with her clothes this time.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20120214_reunion_feder/Reunion.jpg

I am not twisting words. If the meeting was so informal why was it listed as event on the website (Letizia has done cancer meetings that werent listed).

The male participants made the effort to wear suit and tie (I guess one gentleman took off the jacket).

Every time she represents the (serious) institution she should dress the part, no need to wear a conservative suit all the time but this outfit doesnt do Letizia's posititon justice. And all the meetings she does is because of her position and not because Letizia Ortiz is interested in the cause. She wouldnt be there without her title.

working where or in what profession?

Former Vice-Minister of Spain, Teresa Fernandez de la Vega - 62 y.o. (the one with the mini)

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

President of Madrid Community (State Government), 62 y.o, and Ana Botella, Mayor of Madrid, 57.

These are women holding some of the highest "elected" offices in Spain. Letizia is not yet 40 and doing a fantastic job dressing for this type of meeting like everyone else does. It makes the people sitting in the meeting, the ones that count, more comfortable than if she was wearing Channel, Prada and a plastic smile.

"She wouldnt be there without her title."

She is there because she married the Crown Prince of Spain, Felipe, while giving up her freedom and her own career. She loves her husband and she loves Spain. And she is doing a great job with both. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Vice-Minister of Spain, Teresa Fernandez de la Vega - 62 y.o. (the one with the mini)

President of Madrid Community (State Government), 62 y.o, and Ana Botella, Mayor of Madrid, 57.

I don't like the way those other respectable women are dressed either. Letizia is probably doing an excellent job (I have never heard any complaints about her duties). Probably this is a situation similar to Princess Anne's - she is a remarkable woman in unatractive clothes. At the end of the day, what is important is what you do and not how you look. But this is a fashion thread and in my opinion most of Letizia's day outfits are a mess and don't do her any justice.

Last edited:
I don't like the way those other respectable women are dressed either. Letizia is probably doing an excellent job (I have never heard any complaints about her duties). Probably this is a situation similar to Princess Anne's - she is a remarkable woman in unatractive clothes. At the end of the day, what is important is what you do and not what you look. But this is a fashion thread and in my opinion most of Letizia's day outfits are a mess and don't do her any justice.

This is certainly a fashion thread but cultural fashion differences can't be discounted - otherwise it'd be considered normal for Letizia to wear a yihab in all her public appearances. :p

This is certainly a fashion thread but cultural fashion differences can't be discounted - otherwise it'd be considered normal for Letizia to wear a yihab in all her public appearances. :p

True. I have been to Madrid and Barcelona before and I remember that at the occasion I thought Spanish women were beautiful and chic. I am going to be in Barcelona again this April so I will be able to have a better up-to-date perspective. ;)

But still, to me, to be well dressed is to wear something that enhances somebody's assets without showing too much skin. Letizia's daytimeclothes don't show too much skin but they definately don't do justice to her pretty figure.

Letizia is a crown princess dressing like her people and culture. It's not about being "well dressed" ....what's that? It's whats important to her within her own people.

We should not compare Letizia's way to dress to some Spanish politicians. We should compare with women of her (new) rank, i.e. the Infantas, and out of Spain, the other CPcs.

Dear Alondra
Exactly! What is really important is what you are and what you do, not the way you look, as I have already stated. But I, me, myself, prefer the way other SAPNISH princesses / infantas dress, for example. Or the way other women walking on Spanish streets dressed when I w was there. If I didn't appreciate Spanish culture and Spanih people I would not be going to Spain in April. Simple as that. Good for you that you like Letizia'a daytime clothes.

Last edited:
It makes the people sitting in the meeting, the ones that count, more comfortable than if she was wearing Channel, Prada and a plastic smile.

I wonder if people who sit with Queen Sofia are unfortable when she is wearing her Valentino or Oscar de la Renta :p

Its a fashion thread and I dont see what work ethic etc have to do with it.

Great! Now we are discussing fashion!

I wonder if people who sit with Queen Sofia are unfortable when she is wearing her Valentino or Oscar de la Renta :p

Neither do I understand why would you contribute tho statement below on this "fashion thread";

"I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me! "

Hypocrite much?

Last edited:
Neither do I understand why would you contribute to the statement below on this 'fashion' thread:

"I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me! "

Hypocrite much?

Not really, I was only answering somebody else's post.

I guess its time to agree to disagree on Letizia's fashion choices.

Not really, I was only answering somebody else's post.

I guess its time to agree to disagree on Letizia's fashion choices.

You were not answering to someone else's post. You made your own statements.

You know? I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess" . She proudly wears Spanish fashion because she believes in representing, value for money, her OWN brand - SPAIN.

She has her own style. A simple, uncomplicated, austerity professional style -the kind we Spaniards much prefer.

Queen's Sofia's time is almost gone. She always had freedom in the press relating to what she wore (and her spenditure) comparing to the type of scrutiny Letizia receives today. It may sound incredible but Letizia has about as much spending money as most of us here are on a 6 bracket annual salary anyway.

Last edited:
You were not answering to another poster choice. You made your own statements.

You know? I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess" . She only wears Spanish fashion because she believes in representing, value for money, her OWN brand - SPAIN.

She has her own style. A simple, uncomplicated, austerity professional style. The kind we Spaniards much prefer.

Oh, how very kind of you to attack somebody for an opinion instead of just getting over it. Not that I am bothered, but I thought this kind of behaviour was not allowed on this forum.

Oh, how very kind of you to attack somebody for an opinion instead of just getting over it. Not that I am bothered, but I thought this kind of behaviour was not allowed on this forum.

I'm not attacking you or anyone else. Look at my previous posts - where have I attacked you?

I have disagreed with you and explained why - you keep attacking Letizia and, as Spaniard, I'm going to defend her. What's your problem?

I'm not attacking you or anyone else. Look at my previous posts - where have I attacked you?

I have disagreed with you and explained why - you keep attacking Letizia and, as Spaniard, I'm going to defend her. What's your problem?

Disliking Letizia's clothing choices in a fashion thread isn't attacking IMO.

By the way, saying you put Letizia down is a fact, Duke.

I don't have much time but if necessary I can do a compilation of your past posts about her.

Disliking Letizia's clothing choices in a fashion thread isn't attacking IMO.

I agree. Point me to a post where I've attacked instead of defend Letizia's fashion.

They may not be uncomfortable but I would suggest the Spanish people might not be too comfortable if the Princess of Asturias was regularly running up bills at Prada, Valentino and Armani given that the royal family is not especially wealthy and do not receive large civil list allowances. It would bring up questions as to how such fashions are being paid for.

By the way, saying you put Letizia down is a fact, Duke.

I don't have much time but if necessary I can do a compilation of your past posts about her.

Feel free to do so, there is no reason for me to justify my opinion just because you dont like it.

I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess"
sounds pretty much like attacking to me but whatever.

For me its now agree to disagree.

They may not be uncomfortable but I would suggest the Spanish people might not be too comfortable if the Princess of Asturias was regularly running up bills at Prada, Valentino and Armani given that the royal family is not especially wealthy and do not receive large civil list allowances. It would bring up questions as to how such fashions are being paid for.

One can dress quite well and appropriately without using Prada, Valentino or Armani IMO, but I do see your point. I compare Letizia to Queen Sofia, who is always beautifully dressed for every occasion. I assume the Spanish people love their Queen as much as they love Letizia.

Duke, I'm still not attacking you personally no matter how much you highlight the sentence.

One can dress quite well and appropriately without using Prada, Valentino or Armani IMO, but I do see your point. I compare Letizia to Queen Sofia, who is always beautifully dressed for every occasion. I assume the Spanish people love their Queen as much as they love Letizia.

Queen Sofia has never been loved in Spain - just respected. Letizia is a different ball game including fashion.

Money does help when you are talking about fashion but it is not the most important factor. Mixing (or not) colors, texture, choosing proportions and complements that will enhance the outfit and one's figure... these things are crucial. A woman can do wonders with two pairs of pants, two skirts,two or three different belts, two pairs of shoes and half a dozen shirts with different scarves and hoses.

I have just seen a picture of Infanta Cristina in Barcelona wearing jeans, a black jacket and a wollen scarf much similar to Princess Letizia's upper part of the outfit with that light dress. Cristina's jacket had a suitable lengh, it wasn't dividing her body in three parts and you can easily replicate her look without spending much.

Last edited:
Great to see Letizia in a nice bright colour and the contrast with the black is striking

That is what I was talking about! One might not like the color, the belt... but no one can deny she is dressed appropriately and is carrying herself as the pretty woman she is. And for the matter, I like very much the color of the dress.

New dress, nice. Actually very nice. Effortless chic, I love the color.

Gorgeous, lovely color and proportions. Well done.

Beautiful, elegant, classy. Fantastic color on her; she's on target with this outfit. I love the belt with the whimsical flower on it as well.

Last edited:
Love the colour on her! Like it in combination with the belt.

I love this dress! It's a very beautiful color for Letizia, very vibrant, and I love the belt. She looks amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom