Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 23: February 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the dress. The color looks spectacular on Letizia, and the style is very classy. The belt adds a nice contrast too.

the colour is fantastic, lovely indeed a big yes for her!

You were not answering to someone else's post. You made your own statements.

You know? I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess" . She proudly wears Spanish fashion because she believes in representing, value for money, her OWN brand - SPAIN.

She has her own style. A simple, uncomplicated, austerity professional style -the kind we Spaniards much prefer.

Queen's Sofia's time is almost gone. She always had freedom in the press relating to what she wore (and her spenditure) comparing to the type of scrutiny Letizia receives today. It may sound incredible but Letizia has about as much spending money as most of us here are on a 6 bracket annual salary anyway.

No one has put Letizia down:flowers: We are posting in a fashion thread and are allowed to post our opinions on her clothing choices just as you are. Sometimes she hits it out of the park and sometimes she doesn't. Yesterday in the short skirt and leather jacket she missed. Today in the hot pink dress she looks marvelous.

Last edited:
Great colour and certainly one of the best outfits in 2012, its perfect.

Reminded me of this outfit in 2007
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...20071213_cena_camara_comercio_americana_1.jpg
I though on this dress as well :flowers:
I like this new dress, the colour is gorgeous and I love the belt and the neckline detail.

Great colour and certainly one of the best outfits in 2012, its perfect.

Reminded me of this outfit in 2007
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...20071213_cena_camara_comercio_americana_1.jpg

Sometimes she hits it out of the park and sometimes she doesn't. Yesterday in the short skirt and leather jacket she missed. Today in the hot pink dress she looks marvelous.
Fashion is such an inconsequential thing...

I guess most of us like fashion and that´s because of we come to these threads and comment on the royals´outfits. I like saying what I like and what I don´t, what I would change, if a particular outfit doesn´t flatter a lady as it should, and I feel also free on saying if I dislike the style of any of these Princesses. It just about fashion, a pure frivolous thing.

The trouble is, that in Letizia´s fashion threads I´ve seen too many personal attacks on her, justified only because the person commenting doesn´t like what she´s wearing in that moment. I know someone will say this isn´t true, but it is, you just have to have a look at this thread and others.

I´ve seen so many comments that have annoyed me a lot (by the way, I think this is the first time I´m saying this), such as: she does´t like her role or doesn´t take it seriously, she´s depressed, she doesn´t respect the people she´s meeting or the act she´s attending...and one of my favourites: "She needs an stylist, but she´s so proudthat she doesn´t accept it", and so on...THAT´s just DISGUSTING.
So I understand perfectly what Alondra, Dkaren and others feel, because as Spanish I often feel offended as well, and we can say anything without been answered the old "this is a fashion thread and everybody has its opinion" thing. Okay, but if feel that fashion shouldn´t be used to attack anybody or judge his/her work.

And I´m one of the persons that don´t like especially Letizia´s style and would change many things about it, but I still think she´s one of the best CPs out there and the one that takes her duties more seriously.

PD: I hope I´ve expressed myself clearly, it´s very difficult for me writing such a long paragraph in English, I´ve really got a bad time :ermm::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=-1]Fashion is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what other people wear.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]OSCAR WILDE, An Ideal Husband[/SIZE]

Great quote from a great Irishman!

A very stylish & classy Letizia today,really like this look.

I guess most of us like fashion and that´s because of we come to these threads and comment on the royals´outfits. I like saying what I like and what I don´t, what I would change, if a particular outfit doesn´t flatter a lady as it should, and I feel also free on saying if I dislike the style of any of these Princesses. It just about fashion, a pure frivolous thing.

The trouble is, that in Letizia´s fashion threads I´ve seen too many personal attacks on her, justified only because the person commenting doesn´t like what she´s wearing in that moment. I know someone will say this isn´t true, but it is, you just have to have a look at this thread and others.

I´ve seen so many comments that have annoyed me a lot (by the way, I think this is the first time I´m saying this), such as: she does´t like her role or doesn´t take it seriously, she´s depressed, she doesn´t respect the people she´s meeting or the act she´s attending...and one of my favourites: "She needs an stylist, but she´s so proudthat she doesn´t accept it", and so on...THAT´s just DISGUSTING.
So I understand perfectly what Alondra, Dkaren and others feel, because as Spanish I often feel offended as well, and we can say anything without been answered the old "this is a fashion thread and everybody has its opinion" thing. Okay, but if feel that fashion shouldn´t be used to attack anybody or judge his/her work.

And I´m one of the persons that don´t like especially Letizia´s style and would change many things about it, but I still think she´s one of the best CPs out there and the one that takes her duties more seriously.

PD: I hope I´ve expressed myself clearly, it´s very difficult for me writing such a long paragraph in English, I´ve really got a bad time :ermm::lol:

You expressed yourself very well. Most of the posts who are criticizing Letizia as a person, albeit in disguise as commenting on her fashion sense are not Spaniards so what they say does not matter. You have a very beautiful and hardworking princess and you should be proud of her.

. . . . . Sometimes she hits it out of the park and sometimes she doesn't. Yesterday in the short skirt and leather jacket she missed. Today in the hot pink dress she looks marvelous.
Absolutely spot on. These two outfits illustrate the enigma that is Letizia. One day . . . utterly fabulous and the next . . . oh dear.

Today was a Wow day. Her hair and makeup were right on the mark and her ensemble stylish and elegant. Great colour, design, length and counterpoint accessories. Oh yes, how could I have overlooked this . . . unusually, she even had a clutch! :clap::clap::clap:

Princess Letizia Look Gorgeous I Like Her Dress & Belt I Like Her Very Much In this Look :flowers: Thanx For Posting LadyFinn :flowers:

I like the dress on princess letizia she looks nice and felipe, handsome as ever.

Felipe is always her best and most important accessory, he never goes out of fashion.

I love her in color! I love black and pink together.She looks great.

You expressed yourself very well:flowers: We will have to agree to disagree. I never recall attacking Letizia, the person. What she decides to put on in the morning? Yes:) But when she steps it up (like the pink dress today) and actually LOOKS the role of the CP and next Queen of Spain that she is, I say that too.

She definitely hit a home run in this dress! Great color, love the cut & the accessories.

Simply W O N D E R F U L !!!!
:flowers::flowers::flowers:
BYe Bine

I am not twisting words. If the meeting was so informal why was it listed as event on the website (Letizia has done cancer meetings that werent listed).

The male participants made the effort to wear suit and tie (I guess one gentleman took off the jacket).

Every time she represents the (serious) institution she should dress the part, no need to wear a conservative suit all the time but this outfit doesnt do Letizia's posititon justice. And all the meetings she does is because of her position and not because Letizia Ortiz is interested in the cause. She wouldnt be there without her title.

Just because no formal attire is required, it doesn't make the meeting any less important, not deserving on the website. In Spain men usually wear suits, women don't have to wear the same style of clothes to match as in some other countries, perhaps that's the culture thing, mini skirts are common among all ages of working Spanish women. If Letizia isn't interested in the cause, she probably wouldn't be there even with her title.
If you look at the pictures, you can see the headquarters of the rare disease federation locates in a very simple and old building (I guess they probably don't have much funding), people there don't dress formally, thus I can understand why Letizia didn't dress formally.

I wonder if people who sit with Queen Sofia are unfortable when she is wearing her Valentino or Oscar de la Renta :p

Its a fashion thread and I dont see what work ethic etc have to do with it.

Foreign leaders, wives of the leaders, high level executives should be comfortable with designer clothes ;).
Sofia did visit humble charities (especially abroad), but I don't remember seeing her sitting down with a group of informally dressed ordinary workers, talking and discussing. Sofia is very smiling and friendly, if she goes around shaking hands, speaking less than 3 sentences to each one, no point of feeling uncomfortable around her, right ? :). Sofia and Letizia have different backgrounds, belong to different generations, they have different approaches to their work.

Amazing dress! This is such a lovely dress, the color is so refreshing, its also a nice shade of pink. The black belt was a smart idea, it add a nice touch to the bright dress. This is a dress that would also look great with not so thick black stockings.

Oh how I love this dress! Color is fantastic, cut is just right, shoes fantastic, so happy to see CP Letiza looking wonderful!

Just dont' like tha black leather jacket, but I suppose is very cold outside so...

Interesting!
I actually suggested the same dress for Letizia in the Fashion Suggestions for Princess Letizia thread but Letizia's dress has the opening in the front maybe modified.

This is the first Varela dress that actually does not look like Varela.

The dress really is lovely; the colour really pops.

I hope someone confiscates that black leather coat though.

Perfect all!
Could we hope that she gave up to the awful type of shoes she was crazy about? Pura Lopez or similar?

I'm so glad she didn't wear the opaque black tights that are all the current rage now. Her nude hosiery adds more elegance and formality to the look.

It looks like the bottom of the long sleeves and bottom of the skirt are lined with a tiny band of satin/silk- I love that detail! Thanks for posting the close-ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom