The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder if people who sit with Queen Sofia are unfortable when she is wearing her Valentino or Oscar de la Renta

Its a fashion thread and I dont see what work ethic etc have to do with it.
Neither do I understand why would you contribute tho statement below on this "fashion thread";

"I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me! "

Hypocrite much?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Neither do I understand why would you contribute to the statement below on this 'fashion' thread:

"I thought that Letizia was actually representing a serious institution (the Spanish Monarchy). I guess I was wrong - silly me! "

Hypocrite much?
Not really, I was only answering somebody else's post.

I guess its time to agree to disagree on Letizia's fashion choices.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Not really, I was only answering somebody else's post.

I guess its time to agree to disagree on Letizia's fashion choices.
You were not answering to someone else's post. You made your own statements.

You know? I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess" . She proudly wears Spanish fashion because she believes in representing, value for money, her OWN brand - SPAIN.

She has her own style. A simple, uncomplicated, austerity professional style -the kind we Spaniards much prefer.

Queen's Sofia's time is almost gone. She always had freedom in the press relating to what she wore (and her spenditure) comparing to the type of scrutiny Letizia receives today. It may sound incredible but Letizia has about as much spending money as most of us here are on a 6 bracket annual salary anyway.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
You were not answering to another poster choice. You made your own statements.

You know? I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess" . She only wears Spanish fashion because she believes in representing, value for money, her OWN brand - SPAIN.

She has her own style. A simple, uncomplicated, austerity professional style. The kind we Spaniards much prefer.
Oh, how very kind of you to attack somebody for an opinion instead of just getting over it. Not that I am bothered, but I thought this kind of behaviour was not allowed on this forum.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Oh, how very kind of you to attack somebody for an opinion instead of just getting over it. Not that I am bothered, but I thought this kind of behaviour was not allowed on this forum.
I'm not attacking you or anyone else. Look at my previous posts - where have I attacked you?

I have disagreed with you and explained why - you keep attacking Letizia and, as Spaniard, I'm going to defend her. What's your problem?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm not attacking you or anyone else. Look at my previous posts - where have I attacked you?

I have disagreed with you and explained why - you keep attacking Letizia and, as Spaniard, I'm going to defend her. What's your problem?
Disliking Letizia's clothing choices in a fashion thread isn't attacking IMO.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

By the way, saying you put Letizia down is a fact, Duke.

I don't have much time but if necessary I can do a compilation of your past posts about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Disliking Letizia's clothing choices in a fashion thread isn't attacking IMO.
I agree. Point me to a post where I've attacked instead of defend Letizia's fashion.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wonder if people who sit with Queen Sofia are unfortable when she is wearing her Valentino or Oscar de la Renta

Its a fashion thread and I dont see what work ethic etc have to do with it.
They may not be uncomfortable but I would suggest the Spanish people might not be too comfortable if the Princess of Asturias was regularly running up bills at Prada, Valentino and Armani given that the royal family is not especially wealthy and do not receive large civil list allowances. It would bring up questions as to how such fashions are being paid for.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
By the way, saying you put Letizia down is a fact, Duke.

I don't have much time but if necessary I can do a compilation of your past posts about her.
Feel free to do so, there is no reason for me to justify my opinion just because you dont like it.

I'm sick and tired of people like you putting down Letizia just because she doesn't "dress like a princess"
sounds pretty much like attacking to me but whatever.

For me its now agree to disagree.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
They may not be uncomfortable but I would suggest the Spanish people might not be too comfortable if the Princess of Asturias was regularly running up bills at Prada, Valentino and Armani given that the royal family is not especially wealthy and do not receive large civil list allowances. It would bring up questions as to how such fashions are being paid for.
One can dress quite well and appropriately without using Prada, Valentino or Armani IMO, but I do see your point. I compare Letizia to Queen Sofia, who is always beautifully dressed for every occasion. I assume the Spanish people love their Queen as much as they love Letizia.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Duke, I'm still not attacking you personally no matter how much you highlight the sentence.

Quote:
One can dress quite well and appropriately without using Prada, Valentino or Armani IMO, but I do see your point. I compare Letizia to Queen Sofia, who is always beautifully dressed for every occasion. I assume the Spanish people love their Queen as much as they love Letizia.
Queen Sofia has never been loved in Spain - just respected. Letizia is a different ball game including fashion.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Money does help when you are talking about fashion but it is not the most important factor. Mixing (or not) colors, texture, choosing proportions and complements that will enhance the outfit and one's figure... these things are crucial. A woman can do wonders with two pairs of pants, two skirts,two or three different belts, two pairs of shoes and half a dozen shirts with different scarves and hoses.

I have just seen a picture of Infanta Cristina in Barcelona wearing jeans, a black jacket and a wollen scarf much similar to Princess Letizia's upper part of the outfit with that light dress. Cristina's jacket had a suitable lengh, it wasn't dividing her body in three parts and you can easily replicate her look without spending much.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia in a new dress at the opening of ARCOmadrid.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...ZqvuM2vOQl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...qHfNrHw19l.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...MMqyfxdQXl.jpg
Letizia looks gorgeous. Nice to see her in a different colour. Beautiful dress with nice shoes, belt and bag.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Great to see Letizia in a nice bright colour and the contrast with the black is striking

Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia in a new dress at the opening of ARCOmadrid.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...ZqvuM2vOQl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...qHfNrHw19l.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...MMqyfxdQXl.jpg
Letizia looks gorgeous. Nice to see her in a different colour. Beautiful dress with nice shoes, belt and bag.
That is what I was talking about! One might not like the color, the belt... but no one can deny she is dressed appropriately and is carrying herself as the pretty woman she is. And for the matter, I like very much the color of the dress.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

New dress, nice. Actually very nice. Effortless chic, I love the color.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Gorgeous, lovely color and proportions. Well done.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful, elegant, classy. Fantastic color on her; she's on target with this outfit. I love the belt with the whimsical flower on it as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Love the colour on her! Like it in combination with the belt.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Nobility

I love this dress! It's a very beautiful color for Letizia, very vibrant, and I love the belt. She looks amazing!!!