The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love the jacket but the dress is boring.
I agree,she could have used some accessories with rather this bland dress.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like this outfit very much, especially the simpilicity of the dress and the colours that suit very well together.
The bag:
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0112564060.jpg

Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

This looks like a business suit on the top, and an evening gown on the bottom- Not my favorite look on CP Letizia!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, at first glance I also thought that she grabbed a jacket from a business suit, it's so similar in style. I think something that would have livened up the look in a different cut and color would have perked up the look better.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Wasn´t it predictable?
Appropriate, but plain in my opinion. And all this trend of repeating the same dress year after year boring.

Its the same as Crown Princess Mary recycling her new year 'court' dresses - it is a unique event and requires a very formal dress and therefore it is prudent to recycle the dress over the years. Letizia has about 4 court dresses - red velvet dress, a light blue ruffle skirt with satin jacket, a green embossed jacket with either a green velvet skirt or puffy gold/olive skirt and this navy velvet combo.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Majesty

The jacket was the only thing I disliked about the look. I love the color and style of the dress.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Pascua Militar 2012

Side view **
Are those even tinier earrings than the star-shaped she usually wears?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I love the dress and the coat, but it seems like there's something missing. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe she needed a scarf or necklace or brooch or something. The coat is wonderful and the dress is great and much to many's relief, it is a good length.
I agree, something is missing. I lovely brooch or an up do with earrings would have lifted the outfit from pedestrian to elegance. Either way, I love the colour on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
its a repeat from the ambassadors reception in 2011
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...bnUGLD5Xdl.jpg

dress is OK, i dont get the peeptoe high heels in january, but well.
the hair doesnt look good, too flat. an event as this one deserves a professional hairdo.
The fact that it is a repeat is irrelevant. Unless someone has a bottomless pocket gowns are going to be repeated. If so, why not make it a tradition.

But, once again the outfit calls for, and indeed deserves a professional hairdo, preferably an up do and some elegant earrings and a brooch to lift the ensemble from bland to elegant.

Actually, until I saw this I never thought sapphire blue could be boring!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Nobility

Stupendous! All her entire dressing looked amorous. It's like Letizia knows the fitting within the desirable in the atmosphere. Her taste of choices always leaves me wanting for more from her knowingness. I look to her for such an appraisal of style and blessedness as I keep finding it from her timeless discern. The color dark and the matching blue was nice. Wow she's so pretty. May she honor her country so. Long live Spain.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Pascua Militar 2012

Full view ** Side view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2 ** Close up 3
Such a lovely outfit, I really liked it and the color too she is so natural and she wears almost no make up
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
its a repeat from the ambassadors reception in 2011
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...bnUGLD5Xdl.jpg

dress is ok, i dont get the peeptoe high heels in january, but well.
the hair doesnt look good, too flat. an event as this one deserves a professional hairdo.
I agree on all counts. The dress is really nice, but her hair looks very flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Such a lovely outfit, I really liked it and the color too she is so natural and she wears almost no make up
She could use a little today She looks washed out.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I agree on all counts. The dress is really nice, but her hair looks very flat.
Actually, after looking at the event to which she wore this outfit I think she is severely under dressed!

Princess Letizia Of Spain Prince Felipe Of

Compared with her husband she looks, once again, like she has put absolutely no thought whatsoever into the occasion. The only real way to fairly "judge" an ensemble is in it's time and place, and standing next to her husband in his full dress military uniform on the reviewing dais, she looks dull and boring!

2009 http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/26840.asp OK, I loathed her hair but the gown looked amazing.

2010 [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Madrid OK, obviously the hair is a "statement" but she definitely needed to bling up just a little.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The velvet dress and coat (silk?) are beautiful and feminine. The shiny fabric, slash pockets and short fitted jacket is really perfect.
However, as other posters have mentioned, the casual hair doesn't match the outfit or event.
Neither does the lack of jewelry. Notice the Queen next to her with a nice strand of pearls, substantial earrings. A brooch would be nice...
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

The mindset here could be interpreted as: "Oh, well, another formal event, let's just throw on a gown and run a brush through the hair and that'll do. The everyday earrings are fine." Where's the glamour and the elegance that one would hopefully feel when you don an evening gown? Maybe it happens so frequently in their lives that certain royals don't feel a sense of occasion anymore, but eveningwear would certain impel me to do something more with the hair and rummage through the jewelry box for something grander that fits the occasion. But that's just me.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't agree more, Baroness! Just the thought of wearing an evening gown makes me want to bring out the best of my Best! It should never become an every day thing for the Royals...That is what makes them Royals!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, and you expect this effort from them as royals.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes indeed.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Serene Highness

Is it a Felipe Varela outfit with her Magrit blue shoes???

I like it!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The best looks of Letizia 2011 chosen by spanish Vanitatis
Fotos Los mejores looks de Letizia en 2011

beautiful choice the color look amazing with her color skin , i really love this one
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is a gala and military event, and it is celebrated at 12 p.m.. The protocol demands long dresses, but also discreet fabrics and jewels for being in the morning.

Queen Sofía breaks it often, and chooses bright fabrics or large prints, a year she seemed like a "Christmas tree" full of sequins.