Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That crack about the men's shoes had me rolling! The suit wouldn't have looked bad with a different color coat, or vice versa. Too somber and businesslike in this outfit.

I liked everything about her highness. The black ensemble drew out my eyes for some reason and it reminds me of gallantry if I may say from the before. A majestical look. I saw nothing wrong with her shoes as I have seen her so many times with high heels and the change was a pleasant surprise. All in all a good piece of attire and I can't say enough about her inner self that shows in how she blesses. You can tell they gather so much animosity from the Spanish as they lead on everyday. I love following all the Royals.

Last edited:
She can pull this masculine outfit off since she is very pretty.

The dude's shoes look horrible on Letizia, there must be other comfortable models for such an occasion. I think Elena wears such shoes a lot but then she has a men's figure, is much taller and it works for her figure.

Last edited:
I had to LOL when I saw the latest pic of Letizia and her husband, as they always look like the Jolly Green Giant and his little fairy. :lol:

No offense, but they do. :D

Regards the men's suit & shoes she wore, to me it would look better on a woman that is full of self-confidence and it shows, a man's air if you will (thinking Madonna, even though I can't stand her). *bleh*

I like the beautiful black coat, I did not mind the suit but I hated the shoes.. After all she is a beautiful lady :D

I agree the coat is stunning ; what is the issue of those shoes ? I saw Charlotte of Monaco with the same type !!

I found it too masculine, she should wear this shoes when she is wearing an army uniform, but with this suit she could have picked different shoes :D

A pair of heels would have definitely softened the business-suit look.

Duke of Marmalade said:

Yes at least she should have worn some type of heels with the outfit even heeled boots but the shoes she has on look very much like guys dress shoes.

I do like this coat dress, especially the hemline cut-work. The waist would be better without the gather, IMO.

I don't care too much for the gathered/pleated waist either. In fact, after seeing a close-up view of this coat, I really don't like it. It looks too young for her.

Last edited:
What a stupid and senseless article from the "lovely" as always Vanitatis :whistling:
Good God, they would find a way to crucify Princess Letizia no matter what she does, a skirt covering the knees is a miniskirt and inappropriate?

I'm not able to read the article, but does it really "crucify" her? :flowers: The dress pictured in the article isn't covering her knees by a long shot.

I love the scalloped hem on the coat, but I have to agree about the tights. They're too dark.

dazzling said:
Lovely outfit but the tights are a bit too dark.
You really need the right look to match with such dark tights.

I like the outfit but the tights are black?and the shoes are black maybe a lighter shade of black would have been better .

Really don't care for this coat-dress.

I think Felipe and Letizia look fine. Perfect even. Their smiles speak for a thousand words. There's no telling what the future may bring but I try to see in god's eyes and see why life is so partial or melodic, like a composure. And I guess I see the poetry written by all. And I find a simile in all the Royals do watching here. Wow, I'm enamored in the splendor I see. Forgive me if I may seem incoherent. I just feel I owe it to them and you for all I have read and followed at the forum. Thanks for sharing the pictures and mementos everyone. You are the World to me. Continue having fun. Cheers to you.

What a stupid and senseless article from the "lovely" as always Vanitatis :whistling:
Good God, they would find a way to crucify Princess Letizia no matter what she does, a skirt covering the knees is a miniskirt and inappropriate?
Um? Were you looking at the right photo? The only dress that wasn't immodest was the knee length one she wore for the Beatification of Pope John Paul in Rome. Every other dress in that series was almost immodest in it's lack of length.

The series of photos was entitled "Princess Letizia likes short skirts". That is hardly a crucification, merely a statement of fact. After all, they provided the photos to back up the statement. To my way of thinking, those photos taken while on private holiday are off limits and none of my business but, those worn on Royal Duties are another matter altogether.

The photo of Letizia in Chile sitting down wearing the white mini dress with black trim was perilously close to vulgar, it was so short. I thought it was a shame because if it had not been so short it would have been elegant. The first photo in the series show her wearing the same dress with a matching coat and dark hose. It looks great until you look down and see how incredibly short it is. The dark hose help to give it a degree of decorum that the same dress in Chile did not have.

:previous:Agree about the too short skirt while sitting down. You have to take that into consideration w/a short skirt, ok if you just stand, no stooping or bending or sitting! The other skirts seemed fine to me.
She, for me, is painfully thin, and I have trouble following her style while I very much admire the couple and their adorable girls.

23/1/12 @ Manuel Fraga's funeral
http://img.irtve.es/imagenes/funeral-manuel-fraga-madrid/1327348064631.jpg

Varela's designs for Letizia can now be bought online from his website
Fotos Felipe Varela vende algunos de los diseos de Letizia

24-01-2012 Madrid Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the reception for the ambassadors at the royal palace in Madrid.

Plain black skirt & a black/shiny/cheap looking material blouse with a zipper polo neck, open toe shoes :wacko:
For this event very disappointing, the outfit looks unelegant and plain, boring hair, no jewellery apart from the boring star earrings, what an ugly outing for such an event.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012428.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012448.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i agree with You , this time not good :ermm: , i not know why ?

I really like the design of CP Letizia's coat dress -it looks very feminine exhibiting those petal-like edgings and delicate embroidery, but why did she choose such a dull colour? Pastel shades or vibrant warm tones would have complemented this beautiful style much more aptly i.m.o.. However, Letizia owns just the right body measurements in order to pull of flared skirts successfully :).

i'm suprised varela price are expensive dress 2.350 euros, it' quite similaire to foreign designer as rouland mouret , mcqueen and more others

I thought this was appropriate for a winter funeral, I especially liked the way she layered and twisted the black scarf.

24-01-2012 Madrid Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the reception for the ambassadors at the royal palace in Madrid.

Plain black skirt & a black/shiny/cheap looking material blouse with a zipper polo neck, open toe shoes :wacko:
For this event very disappointing, the outfit looks unelegant and plain, boring hair, no jewellery apart from the boring star earrings, what an ugly outing for such an event.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012428.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012448.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012444.jpg

Can't add much more to this description; this outfit really is too somber and funereal. Not even decent jewelry to lift this look up to another level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom